AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
G you're always so helpful it's nice someone can do the same for you!

Thanks girl, that's so nice of you to say. I got it figured out now. I wanted to try a bunch of one off number/letter combos to see if any matched Denise's car. Nothing is close as far as I have found. I'm leaning towards her family might have already sold her car and transferred the plate. But it's also an interesting theory that the perps could have switched her plate. JMO.

Thanks girl, that's so nice of you to say. I got it figured out now. I wanted to try a bunch of one off number/letter combos to see if any matched Denise's car. Nothing is close as far as I have found. I'm leaning towards her family might have already sold her car and transferred the plate. But it's also an interesting theory that the perps could have switched her plate. JMO.
But, the call log was generated the day of the crime. Also, I recall pictures of the vehicles still at the scene long after it had been released. Seems they sat there forever which I thought OD'd. I would think the family would have secured them.

the thing is, I don't think the tags are transferable between people if her family sold her auto then the family still wouldn't own the tags to transfer them. if it was the same auto with new tags then I could see change of ownership on auto. the mom and dad owned the tags, not the family and not the auto even if the auto changed owners.

Is the above link the link that is being used to look up plates? That is not the WI DMV website...
It clearly says at the top it is a Private Website not owned or operated by any state government agency.

This site for me explained laws about the license plates in WI. It is not what people used to look up the plate info.

This site gives a lot of good info all in one place

the thing is, I don't think the tags are transferable between people if her family sold her auto then the family still wouldn't own the tags to transfer them. if it was the same auto with new tags then I could see change of ownership on auto. the mom and dad owned the tags, not the family and not the auto even if the auto changed owners.
Those cars would be assets as is the house, etc. Don't know if they had a will or not, but if they didn't, it could be a mess. Technically I would think it's all Jayme's.

Why are people even talking about ‘meth heads?’

Is this based off of anything? It seems bizarre people keep talking about it.

Meth is a huge problem in the area. Oceanblueeyes has posted many examples of meth heads doing violence and getting away with it for a long time such as Holly Bobo

I believe this is probably a moot point right now. Just because the police ‘release’ the vehicles doesn’t mean any of the family assumes ownership. If there was a will (or wills), it would almost certainly not have been executed/dispersed this soon, and if no will? Probate. They may have possesion of them, but I would be surprised if they could have sold them legally at this point.

Why are people even talking about ‘meth heads?’

Is this based off of anything? It seems bizarre people keep talking about it.

Partly due to a meth arrest/bust in the neighborhood the next day or so after the murders. Partly because it comes up as often as sex trafficking. It is seldom either jmo

But, the call log was generated the day of the crime. Also, I recall pictures of the vehicles still at the scene long after it had been released. Seems they sat there forever which I thought OD'd. I would think the family would have secured them.

Right. The tag might have been correct the day of the crime, but perhaps it has since been changed to a new vehicle. Maybe they sat there because it took a while for family to decide what to do with them? IDK. I guess it could also be a typo or Denise never updated her vehicle info when she got the white SUV. The plate expires in May 2019. If we are still talking about this case with nothing new in 6 months perhaps we should check the plate number again and see if the plate has been renewed. :D

I'm not a meth head, but aren't they usually looking for money?
But then could be a person who failed a drug test, lost his job and can't get another one because of it. Has a family to support and he blames James or Denise. I do believe it was rage and anger driven. I'm at a total loss when it comes to Jayme and what's happened to her or why.
Once again, I don't get rage. I get cool. Methodical. Same on drug crazed. JMO

Meth is a huge problem in the area. Oceanblueeyes has posted many examples of meth heads doing violence and getting away with it for a long time such as Holly Bobo
And she is right. Meth addicts will kill you just as soon as look at you. That kind of violence though is transactional. If it were an interrupted burglary? Heck yeah. But it wasn't and I don't see meth addicts just coolly, calmly plotting this out. JMHO

Last edited:
Right. The tag might have been correct the day of the crime, but perhaps it has since been changed to a new vehicle. Maybe they sat there because it took a while for family to decide what to do with them? IDK. I guess it could also be a typo or Denise never updated her vehicle info when she got the white SUV. The plate expires in May 2019. If we are still talking about this case with nothing new in 6 months perhaps we should check the plate number again and see if the plate has been renewed. :D
Good idea. How long is the plate good. Here in Texas we renew yearly unless the vehicle is sold. Tags go with the car and new ones issued to the new owner.

Once again, I don't get rage. I get cool. Methodical. Same on drug crazed. JMO

I don’t see anything cool or methodical about kicking a door in and shooting two people to death.

This appears to be a brazen, blitz style attack.

This was fast and loud.

If you are planning to kill two people, there are easier ways to do it.

If you are planning on kidnapping a teenage girl, there are easier ways to do it.

On the flip side, If you are seeking revenge, this is how you might do it.

I don’t see this as being well planned, and he was damn lucky he got away before the police arrived.

You want cool and methodical, look no further than the Pike County Massacre.

That was well planned too.

This ain’t that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members