AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still on that theory too and I'm staying with it until we hear anything to the contrary. It makes the most sense. I have not seen one theory about the parents being targets that also explains why Jayme was taken. Everything else seems to require too much suspension of reality to make the leap. What makes sense to me is that the perp came for Jayme and murdered her parents as a means to that end. It was fast and effective. Jayme would be so terrified she would do whenever the armed perp asked. And IF she is being held captive still (a big IF) she could be undergoing daily brainwashing-- constant reminding that her parents are gone and she has no one to go back to. The perp may have beaten her down emotionally so much he can leave a door unlocked and she will not run. People asked why the family appeals are to Jayme directly-- I think we need look no further than this theory. They are telling her-- if she is allowed to hear it at all-- that she has something to come home to. She has reasons to be strong and to fight or escape at the first opportunity. MOO.
I’m trying to find the case again, but I was watching something on ID Discovery a few nights ago.

A small time criminal and drug user, shot a husband, wife, and two children to death. He then kidnapped three foster children from the house, molesting one.

The three children were able to escape.

His motive was revenge, although he pivoted and committed a kidnapping.

My point is that can happen, although I don’t think it did here.

More than any other theory, I also think that Jayme being the target, is the most plausible.

ETA: Found it. “On December 4, 1997, a Georgia couple who cared for foster children, along with two of their own children, were shot to death while they slept by an intruder who then took three other children from the home.”

Jerry Scott Heidler | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

Last edited:
Granted, I’m no expert on meth addicts, but does it seem plausible that a whacked out meth head could pull all this off and vanish without a trace?

Yes. It may be hard to believe but they think they are superman with superpowers at a certain stage. Kick door, play Rambo, take child. This crime still could be incredibly planned or sheer dumb luck. jmo.

Druggies want cash or stuff they can sell quickly. Yes, sometimes they are violent in the process, but it is generally still all about getting drugs and/or money for drugs. Not this...killing, kidnapping and no theft or damage. And no clues. Makes no sense to connect with junkies at all.

Someone was on here many threads ago commenting on the meth thing. I agree with him. They seriously can all of a sudden believe their own wives, daughters, family, etc. are strangers or enemies out to get them. They can do the oddest and most dangerous things and it is not always theft. I still even have the thought this was the wrong house and wrong people. They when possessed seem almost super strong and super human. Many theories make sense to me but this is one I still entertain. The kicking down of the door, the blasting of a loud gun (if neighbors are correct), etc.... just an observation...

Same here. We have the car inspected, proof of insurance and then new sticker is issued. Displayed on the window.

Wisconsin can transfer a plate to a new vehicle if the same owner. It saves some money if one has just renewed their plate on their old vehicle, etc. Sales tax is still paid on whatever vehicle is purchased and paperwork has to be filled out to transfer the plate. If done online or at a DMV office, records are changed pretty quickly if not immediately to reflect the correct vehicle. If it is sent in by snail mail it can take longer but in no way would one think it would take 2.5 months.

I am trying to follow the rules here but are there any pictures that have been shared that would show the white Ford present in allowable pics with maybe Jayme and Denise showing it is not a recent purchase and the plate should match the vehicle?

Could a perp have changed plates? Maybe a perp was driving the Toyota, it was stolen and perp figured it may have been reported with a BOLO and was fleeing from somewhere, even another state? Could this even be the possible reason for stopping at the home, they see two vehicles outside with plates to grab and change?

Or it could be simply a typo either by the dispatcher or a data entry error at the DMV and nothing more than that. I think someone said though that they tried different combinations if a letter or something was wrong and still came up with nothing that fit.

It sure is yet another odd thing in what already seems to have a string of odd things...

Wisconsin can transfer a plate to a new vehicle if the same owner. It saves some money if one has just renewed their plate on their old vehicle, etc. Sales tax is still paid on whatever vehicle is purchased and paperwork has to be filled out to transfer the plate. If done online or at a DMV office, records are changed pretty quickly if not immediately to reflect the correct vehicle. If it is sent in by snail mail it can take longer but in no way would one think it would take 2.5 months.

I am trying to follow the rules here but are there any pictures that have been shared that would show the white Ford present in allowable pics with maybe Jayme and Denise showing it is not a recent purchase and the plate should match the vehicle?

Could a perp have changed plates? Maybe a perp was driving the Toyota, it was stolen and perp figured it may have been reported with a BOLO and was fleeing from somewhere, even another state? Could this even be the possible reason for stopping at the home, they see two vehicles outside with plates to grab and change?

Or it could be simply a typo either by the dispatcher or a data entry error at the DMV and nothing more than that. I think someone said though that they tried different combinations if a letter or something was wrong and still came up with nothing that fit.

It sure is yet another odd thing in what already seems to have a string of odd things...
I too think this license plate thing is odd. How do we know the ford was white? The call log doesn't state the color. The only picture I have found of any vehicles at the Closs home shows James pickup parked out front with green trash can behind it surrounded by yellow crime tape. There is a white vehicle by the garage but it looks more like a minivan. I certainly am no expert on vehicles and makes. This picture is one listed at the beginning of the thread
ETA: went back to look at picture again this time at areial view and it is much clearer- I think that is the Ford

Last edited:
Sadly, they're all over the Midwest. Here's an article from Madison, Wisconsin from almost four years ago. I'm sure they're more prevalent now, especially in the bigger cities like Madison, Milwaukee, etc.:

MPD: 6 MS-13 gang members arrested on drug charges
Yes. But even they aren’t massacring middle class families that have no connection to nefarious activities.

There is not a single documented case of that ever happening.

It doesn’t stop them from being brought up in every case though.

Not sure what year Denise's Ford Escape is but if you change the plate from 930RNG as listed on the log to 930NRG on the Wisconsin transportation sight it comes up with a 2016 Ford. Maybe it's just a typo on the log

Last edited:
Yes. It may be hard to believe but they think they are superman with superpowers at a certain stage. Kick door, play Rambo, take child. This crime still could be incredibly planned or sheer dumb luck. jmo.

I don't know about meth, but I've seen people on PCP ("Angel Dust") that took 4-5 burly cops to hold down...

Last edited:
That was a case of mistaken identity, perpetrated on a roadway.

Gang members didn’t raid a house, kill two parents, and kidnap a teenage girl.

Certainly not in rural Wisconsin.

About a year ago a family was massacred a few miles from me. They were from El Salvador (home if MS13).

There was hysteria that MS13 was involved. I strongly disagreed for the same reason I do here.

No MS13 presence in this (similarly) rural area.

No history of nefarious activity.

That type of thing just doesn’t happen.

Turns out it didn’t.

Some guy named Matthew Locke did it,
not a violent gang.

It doesn't seem to show the owner's name, just the kind of car.
Any chance the car in the driveway was a rental?
By tags I assume you mean license plate. Yes, most likely if you buy a car from someone from Minnesota.

Just the car type. 2009 black Toyota.
Then is it possible the car on record was a rental? Perhaps Denise's car was out for repairs? We assumed it was her car in the driveway, but we were wrong?

Mollie was a fairly easy case to wrap our heads around, as we had a pretty obvious motive from the get-go.

Those cases are almost always sexually motivated, and the only real question is the “who.”

The problem with this case, is that it doesn’t have a clear motive, nor a great deal of precedent.

Jayme could have been the intent, or she could have been “a bonus” for this sicko.

If you have a clear motive, you have a better idea of where to look.

If that’s in question, then everything is in question.

Not a good place to be.

Jayme could even have been an "Oh Crap!" for the perp(s) - as in they may not have thought she'd be there at the time for whatever reason, and yet, she was so.... now what do they do with her?

Not sure what year Denise's Ford Escape is but if you change the plate from 930RNG as listed on the log to 930NRG on the Wisconsin transportation sight it comes up with a 2016 Ford. Maybe it's just a typo on the log

It could be just a typo. I see only people apparently at the scene had vehicles recorded, the young girl driving by, and James and Denise. Denise's brother and sister did not have vehicles listed even though no doubt they probably own one. With regard to a 2016 Ford, I am not one who can make any guess as to the year of that vehicle but maybe someone else on here can. Funny also that the other two vehicles have color listed but not hers. Probably also nothing but why is the girls car listed both as a sedan and as a pickup? I guess that could be a selection in the software program.. It would be nice if one could see the plate on the white Ford but in the pics I have seen one cannot. That would clear it up and easily if a typo. Another oddity in the meantime...

Any chance the car in the driveway was a rental?

Then is it possible the car on record was a rental? Perhaps Denise's car was out for repairs? We assumed it was her car in the driveway, but we were wrong?

A former dispatcher or LE would be great to hear from. I do not think it is a rental as it lists the car under her name (or at least it lists a Ford). If you notice one car is listed to the girl driving by but no car is listed to the passenger with the girl even though presumably that person was riding with her and also in the car. That makes me tend to think they are listing cars registered to the person it is under... I would think if one was a rental we would possibly have an "Alamo" entry, etc.... Just guessing...

is it likely at all that she might be alive? whoever took her wouldn't want her testifying?
Statistically, it is highly unlikely Jayme is still alive. However, as long as earthly remains have not been recovered we must operate under the assumption that Jayme is still amongst the living. We hold on to hope as well as the science of law enforcement. Prayers continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz