AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Statistically, it is highly unlikely Jayme is still alive. However, as long as earthly remains have not been recovered we must operate under the assumption that Jayme is still amongst the living. We hold on to hope as well as the science of law enforcement. Prayers continue.
I too think it's unlikely she's alive. But, it really depends on why the perp took her and his intentions to do with her. Child bride perhaps? If so, she might be alive.

Wisconsin can transfer a plate to a new vehicle if the same owner. It saves some money if one has just renewed their plate on their old vehicle, etc. Sales tax is still paid on whatever vehicle is purchased and paperwork has to be filled out to transfer the plate. If done online or at a DMV office, records are changed pretty quickly if not immediately to reflect the correct vehicle. If it is sent in by snail mail it can take longer but in no way would one think it would take 2.5 months.

I am trying to follow the rules here but are there any pictures that have been shared that would show the white Ford present in allowable pics with maybe Jayme and Denise showing it is not a recent purchase and the plate should match the vehicle?

Could a perp have changed plates? Maybe a perp was driving the Toyota, it was stolen and perp figured it may have been reported with a BOLO and was fleeing from somewhere, even another state? Could this even be the possible reason for stopping at the home, they see two vehicles outside with plates to grab and change?

Or it could be simply a typo either by the dispatcher or a data entry error at the DMV and nothing more than that. I think someone said though that they tried different combinations if a letter or something was wrong and still came up with nothing that fit.

It sure is yet another odd thing in what already seems to have a string of odd things...
Absolutely another unexplainable.

Any chance the car in the driveway was a rental?

Then is it possible the car on record was a rental? Perhaps Denise's car was out for repairs? We assumed it was her car in the driveway, but we were wrong?

As noted in previous posts, likely the 'N' and 'G' transposed in the log.

I think this is a nothing burger.

(and there should be no public way to get owner info from a license plate. none.)

I don’t see anything cool or methodical about kicking a door in and shooting two people to death.

This appears to be a brazen, blitz style attack.

This was fast and loud.

If you are planning to kill two people, there are easier ways to do it.

If you are planning on kidnapping a teenage girl, there are easier ways to do it.

On the flip side, If you are seeking revenge, this is how you might do it.

I don’t see this as being well planned, and he was damn lucky he got away before the police arrived.

You want cool and methodical, look no further than the Pike County Massacre.

That was well planned too.

This ain’t that.
Welcome back.
I agree. Whoever kicked the door in didnt care who heard them, they just wanted inside that house right now. There are low windows, a sliding door, and a garage entrance that could have made for a more calm, cool, and methodical entry. If planned, I feel they would have been otherwise prepared for locked doors. Kicking in the door was a dramatic, angry move imo.

Welcome back.
I agree. Whoever kicked the door in didnt care who heard them, they just wanted inside that house right now. There are low windows, a sliding door, and a garage entrance that could have made for a more calm, cool, and methodical entry. If planned, I feel they would have been otherwise prepared for locked doors. Kicking in the door was a dramatic, angry move imo.
Or intended to look macho. Either way, very dramatic, considering all the other options. It makes me wonder if something had gone on outside first and this was a knee jerk reaction from the perp.

It could be just a typo. I see only people apparently at the scene had vehicles recorded, the young girl driving by, and James and Denise. Denise's brother and sister did not have vehicles listed even though no doubt they probably own one. With regard to a 2016 Ford, I am not one who can make any guess as to the year of that vehicle but maybe someone else on here can. Funny also that the other two vehicles have color listed but not hers. Probably also nothing but why is the girls car listed both as a sedan and as a pickup? I guess that could be a selection in the software program.. It would be nice if one could see the plate on the white Ford but in the pics I have seen one cannot. That would clear it up and easily if a typo. Another oddity in the meantime...
I'm thinking Denise's sister and brothers car are not listed because they were not there. They called in.
The tag number is issued to a 2009 Toyota Corolla. I would hope LE or dispatcher would be better with a detail, but who knows....maybe not..

Welcome back.

Agreed ... but only thing that rules out is jayme ... and perp planning this... if jayme / perp planned they woulda just unlocked door or case in garage. They could make look like break in later ...

Still think likeliest is someone that knew family... knew where everyone in that house slept ... and was pissed off about something..
Jayme knew them... maybe only slightly

I think they should take dna jayme hair brush... James Closs / Denise. Announce its their kid... then ask for next crazy theory ... maybe knock of 4/5 of them quickly and publicly state them...

I'm thinking Denise's sister and brothers car are not listed because they were not there. They called in.
The tag number is issued to a 2009 Toyota Corolla. I would hope LE or dispatcher would be better with a detail, but who knows....maybe not..

Agree on who cars are listed for. Where do you get Corolla? When I do the plate look up with WI I only get Toyota, black, 2009 and an expiration date on tags and RRN.

Agree on who cars are listed for. Where do you get Corolla? When I do the plate look up with WI I only get Toyota, black, 2009 and an expiration date on tags and RRN.

This has to be a typo.

The way this info is pulled is the officer(laptop) or dispatcher(dispatch console) looks up the plate using an interface to the state DMV. The information is returned to the person making the request (and it's all logged and secure, so the public can't use it). I'd guess, because I do this, that the person typing the response put the 'N' before the 'G' since you type that more (-ing).

The only way to get the "Ford" information that's in the log is from the return from the state.

Or intended to look macho. Either way, very dramatic, considering all the other options. It makes me wonder if something had gone on outside first and this was a knee jerk reaction from the perp.
I have always felt that something just prior led up to all this, and that maybe the intent/motive was possibly not what it appears to have been. It could have easily been a quick escalation of events and things went way wrong. That just seems more likely to me than a full blown murder-kidnapping scheme. Idk, jmo.

I have always felt that something just prior led up to all this, and that maybe the intent/motive was possibly not what it appears to have been. It could have easily been a quick escalation of events and things went way wrong. That just seems more likely to me than a full blown murder-kidnapping scheme. Idk, jmo.
Hmmm. Perhaps. However, they were supposedly in and out in three mins? (If I have that right). Seems well planned and executed...literally.

Amateur opinion and speculation only

Does this compensation seem low to anyone else?

Additional compensation beyond daily on-call:
Death scene investigation: $100 for first 3 hours / $10/hour for each hour after 3 hours
No LE experience required???
Surely needing investigators is not the reason for no progress in this case.

Agreed ... but only thing that rules out is jayme ... and perp planning this... if jayme / perp planned they woulda just unlocked door or case in garage. They could make look like break in later ...

Still think likeliest is someone that knew family... knew where everyone in that house slept ... and was pissed off about something..
Jayme knew them... maybe only slightly

I think they should take dna jayme hair brush... James Closs / Denise. Announce its their kid... then ask for next crazy theory ... maybe knock of 4/5 of them quickly and publicly state them...
I dont see Jayme planning the murder of her parents. Too extreme for what we know about her relationship with Denise, imo. Sneaking out and/or running away, I see possble - to the point of "pick me up at 12:30am", then things getting bad once she tried to leave. I could see that much depending on who would have picked her up.

The family is doing a LOT. Several posts and pictures every day from what I see that people share, however I am unsure with social platforms how far they carry. I have read that MN and WI are covered well, I am just saying that if you are not looking for it, you may not even see it. I sure didn't and I tried to look at it as if I did not hear about this case. Nothing like "grabbed" my attention. Nothing. And at the very least, one would think there would be a billboard or two or a picture or BIG poster along the main drag. My hope is it is because the who is known but the where she is maybe is not. And again, this is just what I noticed. What does it cost for a standard billboard? I would gladly contribute. Just venting. I am sure the experts know far more.

If I were looking for a loved one in my family, I’d be out on every media outlet, printing and hanging posters and being much more vocal.

<modsnipped posting tip sent in>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members