AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is time effective to have the dogs search. It would take them forever to go through all storage boxes which had an old laptop stored away.

It's obvious nothing of any evidentiary value was found on the laptop that would help them in any way concerning who the suspect is.

If it had yielded communication evidence between the suspect and one of the victims they would have known shortly after who they are.

It's very common for people to have old no longer used laptops..desktops and old cell phones stored away inside of their homes somewhere.

There is nothing sinister showing any of the family was trying to hide anything much less a retired no longer used laptop. imo

Imo the laptop showed nothing helpful for the investigators just like Fitzgerald said they have found no evidence Jayme had a boyfriend of any kind of any age...not locally nor anyone online.

Over 2 months later they are still stumped with no evidence showing who this could be.

Jmo
Everybody here has an opinion.

I can’t figure anything out... only thing that makes sense is four ft in door. Likely nice semi circular pattern of door pieces. Body pieces from James and Denise and a ton of blood.. if that mess is 4/5 ft from door with no footprints going through it outside.. there’s your assumption..

My fear is this is rando jenni o trucker and or meth head that just wanted jayme and there is 0 connection... or local schizophrenic...
If it’s that pizza delivery guy, plumber, cable guy, if u have 0 evidence hard to find..

Only about 1000 eligibles in town, why not get hair DNA, ask each for DNA, anyone bows up, maybe ask why, that’s a big ask, but killer that likely kidnaped... gotta find...

Rub...I certainly haven't ruled out the grim possibility of meth heads being involved.

There is no rhyme or reason to their evil madness. They do what they do because they want to while fueled with a dangerous illegal drug that makes them prone to very violent outburst even against those they dont even know.

I have mentioned this previously but the worst 2 murder/kidnapping cases in TN history according to TBI director were done by meth heads.

The one who kidnapped Holly Bobo and took her back to his home where more meth addicts were werent arrested until 3 years after Holly's planned capture..tortures..rapes and murder occurred. And that is only just one state out of 50.

They have infested every state and many are located in small rural communities which are being ruined because of them imo.

Anyone can Google and see meth heads are doing horrific murders and home invasions. No state is immune.

Since reading about violent meth heads for years now it has convinced me that even though in a meth fueled state they are perfectly capable of planning and carrying out the most gruesome crimes imaginable.

Although it is certainly a very good possibilty its also heartbreaking when it comes to Jayme. Meth heads act like subhumans against their victims. It seems the brutal prolonged tortures...beatings and repeated rapes are a huge part of the premeditated motive to capture the victim/s before they are finally murdered.

Imo this is certainly something meth heads are capable of doing.

I always have believed if Adam's had known Holly's brother Clint was inside of their home that day he would have killed him before leaving so no eye witness could tell LE they saw Holly being kidnapped. Imo

Jmo

Last edited:
I'd like to know when she was hospitalized. I can find reference stating she was in for pneumonia but not when. Anyone have a time frame? TIA.
There was a broad statement of this bc Denise's father referenced her stay way back in an interview. It was linked here at the time but I know any comments about it were deleted due to it being unsubstantiated so I don't think we can discuss it. JMO FWIW

If the kidnapper only walked five feet into the house, the assumption would be that Jayme went willingly. Otherwise, she would have stayed in her bedroom, hiding. And if evidence shows that the killer was only 5 feet in the home, how did he/she get Jayme?
BBM
the perp(s) could have easily gotten her out after killing her mom and dad by simply pointing a gun at her IMO.

There was a broad statement of this bc Denise's father referenced her stay way back in an interview. It was linked here at the time but I know any comments about it were deleted due to it being unsubstantiated so I don't think we can discuss it. JMO FWIW

Interesting. I've got the MSM link to his comment.

Naiberg keeps artwork Jayme made for him on a table in the living room so he can readily see them. She sketched a cardinal for him. While recovering in the hospital from pneumonia, she put together and decorated a birdhouse.

Relatives Plead for Vigilance as They Share Profound Loss of Closs Family

One time the girlfriend of a contractor my husband and I had used showed up our door begging us to shelter her, saying her boyfriend was battering her. We took her in and tried to talk her into reporting it or going to a shelter. They were messed up in drugs and she was afraid if she reported him it would get even worse for her. Then her boyfriend called my husband and asked whether we'd seen her? She looked terrified, so my husband said no. A while later the guy showed up at our door and seriously threatened my husband for lying to him. He managed to talk his way out of it but it was a really dangerous situation.

You know while I tend not to think this was random unless a mistaken home/wrong people, it is a heavily traveled route during day hours for sure. Having lived on some main well traveled even county roads, etc. it was not uncommon for us to sell things as the location was good. Friends often asked if they could as well because of location. In addition to that, people ran out of gas and came to the door, broke down and came to the door, odd people bought something and would come back or stop in for seemingly no reason once or twice. A few made the skin crawl I am sorry to say. I mean just think of Craig's List and the care one should take. Living on a main road and selling something actually brings them to your home (with an excuse). I wonder if they recently had a vehicle out for sale, a fishing shack, etc. or even sold things for friends because the location has high traffic. Just throwing it out there--I personally think the perps are nuts to have committed such a crime so close to two LE locations so I tend to think it was intentional and targeted. However, the selling of an item or one for someone else never crossed my mind until now...

Both Denise and James had prior marriages. It could be possible that hurt feelings or a grudge from a former in-law had simmered and festered over the years, IMO.

I would imagine that LE has thoroughly investigated former spouses and relatives.

My own opinion.

Maybe with in-laws but I do know Denise's sister addressed the marriages in an interview, said they were both married before but there was no animosity with exes. If one looks at the court records, they also look like probably likely amicable divorces with no children from either. My guess at that is that they were not long and drawn out and they likely reached agreements together. I guess that does not mean there could not be hard feelings or that maybe one did not want the divorce and the other did, etc. but they were also quite a few years ago. I forget what interview she addressed it in but she did.

I know @The Dude was just trying to insert a little humor in his post on the trailer hitch, but with nothing else to talk about, I’ll throw two cents out there too that I haven’t seen covered yet. I have not seen the picture of the truck, so I don’t know what kind of “hitch” we’re discussing. If it’s just your standard receiver with a ball to pull a trailer, those can be useful if you never pull a trailer. In rural Wisconsin in the winter, pulling a vehicle (or being pulled) out of the mud/snow is easier with the hitch than without.

Now if we’re talking fifth wheel, pintle, gooseneck, etc. they could still come with the pickup but someone that didn’t need them would probably remove them.
Where I came from, we used the hitches to pull our houses around when we had to move. Always remember my dad, “ air up dem tires Frank, we best be moving again”.

You know while I tend not to think this was random unless a mistaken home/wrong people, it is a heavily traveled route during day hours for sure. Having lived on some main well traveled even county roads, etc. it was not uncommon for us to sell things as the location was good. Friends often asked if they could as well because of location. In addition to that, people ran out of gas and came to the door, broke down and came to the door, odd people bought something and would come back or stop in for seemingly no reason once or twice. A few made the skin crawl I am sorry to say. I mean just think of Craig's List and the care one should take. Living on a main road and selling something actually brings them to your home (with an excuse). I wonder if they recently had a vehicle out for sale, a fishing shack, etc. or even sold things for friends because the location has high traffic. Just throwing it out there--I personally think the perps are nuts to have committed such a crime so close to two LE locations so I tend to think it was intentional and targeted. However, the selling of an item or one for someone else never crossed my mind until now...
I did find they had a yard sale at their house a few years ago.

I thought Denise was looking for another job because she did not feel safe where she was at.
BBM
Is there a link for this or rumor? Thanks

I hope I'm doing this right. Anyways, I'm not sure if I can answer it because of the rules but this comment was made in response to a youtube video posted by a person who I do not know. He was demostrating use of a weapon that he thought was used in this case and this was a comment he put in himself. He was covered in camo but you can tell it was the same person who previously posted about Jayme Closs. He only leaves his clips up for two to three days and then he either takes them down, or they get took down by Youtube. I'm not sure which one. I asked him why would she feel unsafe at work but he never replied back. I can be more specific, I have no link because it was took down, so I hope this somewhat clarifies this.
Are the pictures of the house still up?

I think this could be interpreted two ways...that while Jayme's granddad was in the hospital she made them for him or Jayme was in the hospital and she made them. I took it as granddad was in the hospital but I can see other people thinking differently. Other than that quote I don't remember it being confirmed, but I know I have skimmed over a lot because a girl's gotta work sometimes!

If the kidnapper only walked five feet into the house, the assumption would be that Jayme went willingly. Otherwise, she would have stayed in her bedroom, hiding. And if evidence shows that the killer was only 5 feet in the home, how did he/she get Jayme?

James was shot at the door, then Denise behind him 5 feet inside the home. Jayme was extremely brave and went to help her dad or mom while they lay on the floor; perp grabs Jayme and off he takes her.

My timeline of events:

12.51 am: Gunshots heard by neighbours.

12.53: 911 call.

12.54: 911 call ended.

12.55: Perp leaves with Jayme.

4 minutes and 5 feet in - it fits the sheriff's version of events.

Going back to our timeline at the very beginning of this thread I see where the 911 call was received at 00:53:26 and the first unit arrived on the scene at 1:00:30. That is roughly 7 minutes, not 4 minutes. And IF it was Jayme who placed the 911 call on the first phone she could get her hands on after her parents were murdered we don't know how the killer(s) were in the house prior to the call. Although given the facts we have I tend to believe they were there only a short time before the call and that the parents were killed in less than a minute after the door was kicked in, possibly less than 20-30 seconds. That would still give us a time frame of 7-8 minutes and not 4 minutes. I wonder if LE is stating '4 minutes INSIDE the house' to allow for time to restrain Jayme, get her in the car, get in the car and start it, then be out of sight when the first LE unit arrived.

I've tried to sit down and outline a scenario where the killer(s) plan this out in advance and as soon as look at that outline I throw it out. I believe it is just as likely they just decided to hit house quickly and were lucky that (1) they got the door open quickly enough, (2) the parents didn't have a gun and (3) they possibly fled the scene going west while LE came from the east. (That 3rd one would have been luck in any event as it would be difficult to anticipate where the first LE was going come from.)

James was shot at the door, then Denise behind him 5 feet inside the home. Jayme was extremely brave and went to help her dad or mom while they lay on the floor; perp grabs Jayme and off he takes her.

My timeline of events:

12.51 am: Gunshots heard by neighbours.

12.53: 911 call.

12.54: 911 call ended.

12.55: Perp leaves with Jayme.

4 minutes and 5 feet in - it fits the sheriff's version of events.

HA! I was posting something similar at the same time you were!

Nobody just comes to a small town and abducts a teenage girl... there had to a motive.
Yes, you would think
I would like to know where her regular shoes coat purse backpack and ID's are. Did she have a passport?
It is crucial to this investigation ie was she taken by someone in her pjs barefoot vs did she grab her things and leave willingly? There is still a high probability she is the suspect, as she has not been ruled out or reportedly kidnapped. She is missing.
Jayme is not 'the suspect;!

Going back to our timeline at the very beginning of this thread I see where the 911 call was received at 00:53:26 and the first unit arrived on the scene at 1:00:30. That is roughly 7 minutes, not 4 minutes. And IF it was Jayme who placed the 911 call on the first phone she could get her hands on after her parents were murdered we don't know how the killer(s) were in the house prior to the call. Although given the facts we have I tend to believe they were there only a short time before the call and that the parents were killed in less than a minute after the door was kicked in, possibly less than 20-30 seconds. That would still give us a time frame of 7-8 minutes and not 4 minutes. I wonder if LE is stating '4 minutes INSIDE the house' to allow for time to restrain Jayme, get her in the car, get in the car and start it, then be out of sight when the first LE unit arrived.

I've tried to sit down and outline a scenario where the killer(s) plan this out in advance and as soon as look at that outline I throw it out. I believe it is just as likely they just decided to hit house quickly and were lucky that (1) they got the door open quickly enough, (2) the parents didn't have a gun and (3) they possibly fled the scene going west while LE came from the east. (That 3rd one would have been luck in any event as it would be difficult to anticipate where the first LE was going come from.)

Yes i believe the sheriff means 4 minutes inside the house. Even if it was planned i believe the perp(s) were lucky to get away without anyone seeing them.

In answer to your points (all very good ones!):

1. We don't know for sure how they got in but it looks like they kicked the door in, which wouldn't of taken very long.

2. If they somehow knew the Closs family they possibly would know that James kept his guns locked away, so a surprise attack would leave them off-guard.

3. If the perp(s) were locals they would probably know which way LE would come from, which is why i believe they took off in the opposite direction.

Going back to our time line at the beginning something caught my eye. At approximately 12:15 that afternoon a press release was faxed to Ontonagon County Sheriff's Department.

Searching through Google the only Ontonagon County I can find is in northern Michigan and Barron County is on the other side of the state from Michigan. I've missed some entire threads here so maybe this has been discussed. Was it ever determined if that actually had anything to do with Jayme's case? That just seems strange. In case it was a typo, I don't see where any of the adjacent counties had a name beginning with 'O'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214