AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may try to poke a couple of holes - it was almost 1 AM on a school night. And if I understand correctly, LE believes Jayme was in the house when her parents were murdered. moo
I'm just throwing ideas out there...due to my husbands and my work schedule we have had friends show up at midnight during the week...wasnt there also a football game that night and James was known to drink during the games...maybe coming home from the bar late? I'm just saying that someone familiar to the family very easily could have brought all 3 of them out of their rooms

I don't have anything to add/change about the rest of the actions that night, but did think of another possibility for the 911 call. If Jayme had the phone in her room and made the call while her parents were being shot, she may not have said anything partially from fear and partially because she was afraid he'd hear her talking. If he started yelling for her to come out and said he'd shoot her too if he had to go in and get her, she may have stuck the phone under her shirt/pj top to hide it, which also muffled the sounds. He may have then pointed the gun at her and either told her to raise her hands and walk over -causing her to drop the phone- or just told her to hurry over there and she dropped it in her panic. That may have shut the phone off, broken it or popped the battery out. For all I know (not going to say 'we' since I have no idea what anyone else knows), he may have planned the quick in and out ahead of time and never even knew about the 911 call. I'm sure he knows about it by now whether he knew then or not. MOO

I'm just throwing ideas out there...due to my husbands and my work schedule we have had friends show up at midnight during the week...wasnt there also a football game that night and James was known to drink during the games...maybe coming home from the bar late? I'm just saying that someone familiar to the family very easily could have brought all 3 of them out of their rooms
That week, the Packers game was Monday night.

Good thought. The late (7:30 Central Time) game was New England and Kansas City. That was a game many were watching even if they were not a fan of either team. That game may have ended around 11 or 11:30.

Good thought. The late (7:30 Central Time) game was New England and Kansas City. That was a game many were watching even if they were not a fan of either team. That game may have ended around 11 or 11:30.
I spoke too soon. The game lasted 3:07 so it was over by 10:30 Central Time - 2 to 2.5 hours before the crime.

I don't have anything to add/change about the rest of the actions that night, but did think of another possibility for the 911 call. If Jayme had the phone in her room and made the call while her parents were being shot, she may not have said anything partially from fear and partially because she was afraid he'd hear her talking. If he started yelling for her to come out and said he'd shoot her too if he had to go in and get her, she may have stuck the phone under her shirt/pj top to hide it, which also muffled the sounds. He may have then pointed the gun at her and either told her to raise her hands and walk over -causing her to drop the phone- or just told her to hurry over there and she dropped it in her panic. That may have shut the phone off, broken it or popped the battery out. For all I know (not going to say 'we' since I have no idea what anyone else knows), he may have planned the quick in and out ahead of time and never even knew about the 911 call. I'm sure he knows about it by now whether he knew then or not. MOO

That scenario could certainly work...
I’ve always wondered if it was easy answer for cops to see who dialed 911..... last fingerpint on those nos... I could see her with her dog... frozen... but why do you not hear perp saying anything close to phone..you think even at 13 she’d never hang up 911 call.... dunno...
also think if she had phone on her Netflix movies at 1252 it would be a good tell..

That scenario could certainly work...
I’ve always wondered if it was easy answer for cops to see who dialed 911..... last fingerpint on those nos... I could see her with her dog... frozen... but why do you not hear perp saying anything close to phone..you think even at 13 she’d never hang up 911 call.... dunno...
also think if she had phone on her Netflix movies at 1252 it would be a good tell..
Maybe she was holding her dog, and that's what was muffling the sound? He also may not have been yelling as loudly once she was in the same room, making it sound (with the muffling) like it was further away than it was. MOO

ETA: Just had another thought after I posted that. Could he have shot the chair as a warning to make her move without it being heard on the call if he was yelling and the phone was hidden/muffled? That could have startled the dog, who ran off and caused her to drop the phone. That would also account for the chair they took, why the dog wasn't with her, why the call disconnected, etc. MOO again.

Could you explain. I am no techy for sure but curious how you know what type of device took the picture?
For future reference, if an image isn’t a captured still from a video, and is the original photo or unedited copy, there’s metadata in the file called EXIF. This will tell you what camera is is, what time it was taken, etc. There could also be geo-tagged gps location data. These days, every picture tells a story. I’d bet that goofy photo doesn’t have any of that data left in it...

Last edited:
For future reference, if an image isn’t a captured still from a video, and is the original photo or unedited copy, there’s metadata in the file called EXIF. This will tell you what camera is is, what time it was taken, etc. There could also be geo-tagged gps location data. These days, every picture tells a story. I’d bet that goofy photo doesn’t have any of that data left in it...

I was wondering about that. But if the picture is on youtube, and not downloaded on a computer file, can one get the meta data?

We are now into 2019! So many unanswered questions. We still don't know the timeline for James that day. Did he actually show up for work that fateful day? Who was the last person to see James? Were James and Denise in their night clothes (re: pajamas, etc.) when they were murdered? LE has information that they cannot release due to the ongoing investigation and privacy issues. This case is cold now just like the weather in Barron, WI.

We are now into 2019! So many unanswered questions. We still don't know the timeline for James that day. Did he actually show up for work that fateful day? Who was the last person to see James? Were James and Denise in their night clothes (re: pajamas, etc.) when they were murdered? LE has information that they cannot release due to the ongoing investigation and privacy issues. This case is cold now just like the weather in Barron, WI.
Well, as they say, when the going gets cold, the frozen make lemonade! Wait... that’s not a saying, is it? Be that as it may, we mere internet peasants aren’t in the cold - we’re in the dark. Every question you asked here? LE has every one of those answers. And they know what’s on the 911 call. This is not a cold case...

I have nothing to add here, but just wanted to say I’m thinking of Jayme on his New Year’s Day and one of my greatest wishes is that she is found this year and whoever killed her parents is off the streets.

What on earth happened to this poor girl? Parents murdered, child missing this long, this is baffling. If I haaaad to pick what I think happened, based on MO I would still lean towards a random violent home invasion by dual or multiple perps with propensities for SA and that Jayme is now deceased, but there are many other options and ways it could turn out, random or targeted, moo. I really have no idea what the heck happened here. Seems LE doesn’t either. :(

Here’s to finding Jayme in the new year.

Last edited:
Unstable, multiple personalities (possibly),angry,young adult male infatuated with Jayme..could have been the son of J&D coworkers..James tries to protect..Denise calls 911...what if this is a father and son..the dad shoots..son grabs Jayme. Also, still believe this person (s) lives in the community and is calm on the outside and falling apart on the inside. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski