AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do these tags exist once an image is uploaded to WS? I’ve always wondered about this, tia.
A number of web sites strip EXIF data from photos when you post them - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. Other sites have the entire EXIF data present. Don't know what WS does with EXIF. Though, if it is present it should be removed for privacy purposes.

If you don't turn off location settings for your camera in your phone, for example, the latitude and longitude of where you were when you took a photo would be present in the EXIF data. Time and date can be tricky. If it comes from a smartphone then the time is likely accurate - though you may have to adjust for time zone. However, if the photo was taken with a digital camera the time and date is based on what you set it to, which may not be accurate. Finally, there are tools that will allow you to change EXIF data so you can't necessarily go by what you see.

I'm just throwing ideas out there...due to my husbands and my work schedule we have had friends show up at midnight during the week...wasnt there also a football game that night and James was known to drink during the games...maybe coming home from the bar late? I'm just saying that someone familiar to the family very easily could have brought all 3 of them out of their rooms

For my first WS post ever.... joined and have been following this case since the beginning.
In Wisconsin bar activities consume a lot of adult time especially in northern Wisconsin as there isn't really much to do but, pass the time tossin the beers back.

I agree with this idea as James may of just been at the bar all day or at night on Sunday - not uncommon for someone from WI to sit in a bar for 8-10 hours (seriously). He could have had an altercation (large or small and unnoticed by other patrons) with someone from the bar in (I see it all the time around here) Okauchee. Drunks or just people who don't like you will start something over nothing after a couple drinks. Math continues from there as perp knows where he lives or follows him home.

But then I toss this idea OUT as a drunk person(s) may not have the ability to leave no trace while under the influence but perhaps an altercation was another day and was planned out and then re-ignited when James was seen at the bar again and perp wasn't fully intoxicated.

The question remains is WHY do we not know what James was doing earlier in that day? Do they not want to include a business that may know info for fear of negative effect on that said business/bar in this remote area?
WAS he at a friends house and they don't want to call out said friend out just yet as they cannot connect all the dots to charge without reasonable doubt?

I think if we knew what James was doing that day would shed some light - they are just waiting for someone to come forward with "oh I've seen James at xxxxxxxx"
There are 5 bars within 3 miles of the house.

And the case continues - -

Im sure this has already been discussed but I still find it strange that at the beginning when Jayme was first missing
emotional pleas by Jaymes relatives for her safe return both sound they think that Jayme has the power to return on her own?

Maybe the wording in the Families pleas has changed now but at the beginning it sounds as though the relatives are asking her to come home instead of asking someone to bring her back home.

Speaking out for the first time from the Barron County sheriff’s podium, two of Jayme’s aunts called out directly to the missing teen.

“To whoever may know where Jayme is, please contact the Barron County Sheriff’s Department,” said aunt Jennifer Smith. “Jayme, we need you here to fill that hole we have in our hearts.”

The girl’s beloved pet joined them.

(credit: CBS)

“Your dog, Molly, is waiting for you. She’s sleeping in one of your sweatshirts,” Smith said

Jayme's aunt, Jennifer Smith, used the news conference to speak directly to Jayme. She said the family misses her giggles, her grandpa needs her to draw fresh artwork to hang on his refrigerator and she still wants to take Jayme on a shopping date the two of them had planned. She even held up a bottle of Jayme's favorite iced coffee for the

Missing Wisconsin teen's family in emotional plea for her safe return

Relatives Plead for Vigilance as They Share Profound Loss of Closs Family | KSTP.com - KSTP TVKSTP.com › news › relatives-plead-for-v...

For my first WS post ever.... joined and have been following this case since the beginning.
In Wisconsin bar activities consume a lot of adult time especially in northern Wisconsin as there isn't really much to do but, pass the time tossin the beers back.

I agree with this idea as James may of just been at the bar all day or at night on Sunday - not uncommon for someone from WI to sit in a bar for 8-10 hours (seriously). He could have had an altercation (large or small and unnoticed by other patrons) with someone from the bar in (I see it all the time around here) Okauchee. Drunks or just people who don't like you will start something over nothing after a couple drinks. Math continues from there as perp knows where he lives or follows him home.

But then I toss this idea OUT as a drunk person(s) may not have the ability to leave no trace while under the influence but perhaps an altercation was another day and was planned out and then re-ignited when James was seen at the bar again and perp wasn't fully intoxicated.

The question remains is WHY do we not know what James was doing earlier in that day? Do they not want to include a business that may know info for fear of negative effect on that said business/bar in this remote area?
WAS he at a friends house and they don't want to call out said friend out just yet as they cannot connect all the dots to charge without reasonable doubt?

I think if we knew what James was doing that day would shed some light - they are just waiting for someone to come forward with "oh I've seen James at xxxxxxxx"

I think it is very likely they know where he was and what he was doing, just the public does not. The silence on it sure makes it look as though whatever he was doing plays into this. However, that could be intentional to throw a perp off or who knows. It also could be as simple, as you say, as trying to protect a business, stop gossip or to not embarrass the victim's family even. Bars are big in Wisconsin and probably even more so to the north with less to do. So are strip clubs. So is hunting. Fishing. Drugs. Camping. Affairs. This is NOT directed at Jim, I am simply pointing out that the reasons for silence could be a variety of reasons, it could be case related or simply protecting the victims if they feel it does not relate and is no one's business or protecting a bar or business. It could even be protecting who he may have been with, like a few buddies who do not need their lives destroyed or put on social media if not involved in anything.

I too, though, feel it probably relates to something. I too find the very silence about it and the activities of the family in general that weekend stand out more than anything that has been said. It has been entirely silent about him while we know a bit about where Jayme and Denise were but only for part of one day, where Jayme at least we know had a 3 day weekend.

Even if the family did not share things and may have been private people, this is a nationally known case and I would think anyone who saw them or had contact with them in the recent days before this tragedy would have come forward if they have nothing to hide and those they know would have been questioned. Even if they were home all weekend, without many to verify it, I would think there would be phone calls or texts on Saturday, etc. from one of the three family members to someone. For these reasons, I find it likely LE knows where they were most of the weekend. Yet none of these things have we ever heard a word about.

jmo.

Reference the questions why LE does not release information about what LE knows of James movements. I don't put much into it either way.

LE has released across the board very little information pertaining to the crimes. I don't foresee LE releasing information going forward unless they believe it helps solving the crimes, or until they have perp(s) in custody during disclosure.

Frustrating for sure.

On the question of what LE can get from the KIK app. A local 20 something YO man was using KIK to catfish preteen boys for sexual performances through blackmail. FBI did identify and locate him through warrants.

Reference the questions why LE does not release information about what LE knows of James movements. I don't put much into it either way.

LE has released across the board very little information pertaining to the crimes. I don't foresee LE releasing information going forward unless they believe it helps solving the crimes, or until they have perp(s) in custody during disclosure.

Frustrating for sure.

I would agree with that. And frustrating is so true. I realized the past couple of days, we know nothing. Absolutely truly not one thing. Nor does the community there probably nor the family. Even what some think we do know, we do not if one truly thinks about it or it has nothing to necessarily do with what happened. Nada. Nil. Nothing. Except a two time (at least) murderer is loose and no idea whether it was someone local to that area or not. And they have killed and could again. And that he/she/they were at least in the local area on that particular night. And a girl missing. I am starting to understand the reason it is quiet when it comes to the community... Whether planned or an escalation, this perp(s) killed and no one has no clue where he/she is, why or what he/she may do next... I sure hope LE has far more than letting on.

The only link I know of now is this one, but it does not have the meta data because it is not attached to the image file, it was pulled from Youtube.

Verify: Social media posts about Closs not credible, sheriff says
Thanks, I have seen that link.

You would need the original image file or a jpg file to possibly get any data attached. A screen grab from YouTube won't have any of that.

I have tried to find the photo on Facebook, but no luck. Might be inside all the closed groups....??

Nephews are jaymes age... what’s app/ snap/ kik are their go tos.... with snap. Think law enforcement gets a lot of last 30 days info.. kik there likely screwed...

They snap so much I think it 40 years humans heads will change shape and we no longer talk to one other ..

On top of the anonymity of the apps there kept in sub folders on phone with odd names... jaymes parents would open a folder for civics lesson... but subfolder might be the app ...I’m sure feds are gleaming what they can from phones ... from all 3....
Hopefully there checking all closs family phones. .... still think there’s a connection somewhere... might be 4/5 months or year old.., some people delete text...or switch phones .... I’d scrub them all... jayme might have confided to aunt something specific.. who knows ..

Article on kik

Westfield police warn against Kik messaging app as they investigate elementary school sexting

What’s app uses your phone number. Kik doesn’t. You can create any email address and assign it to work as your login For Kik. Give yourself a username and password and that’s it. Kik doesn’t keep a record of the messages users exchange. If I sign in on one phone then on another I am logged out on the first device and can’t see the history on the second device. It’s hard for parents or cops to track usage on there for these reasons. Additionally there are apps that hide your actual apps. So I can download what looks at a glance to be a basic calculator but open it and poof Kik may be hiding in there.

The threat used to be people on the street and now it’s people in your devices. Also if you download Kik and delete it after you’re done, it will show as an app you downloaded etc but not what you used it for. So to hide history? Delete the app and reinstall when you want to use it. Or just delete history and block people when you don’t wanna hear from them (their messages appear if you unblock them within a day or so).

Frustrating for sure.

I'm sure LE knows more than they are sharing and I personally don't want them to share anything that would harm the case or Jayme's (hopeful) return. BUT I am hoping LE will at least debunk some of the rumors. The pot is boiling on SM and there are a lot of people/groups/families being socially terrorized. My fear is that some vigilante is going to take matters into their own hands thinking "they" know the truth....

IMO: Jayme was taken only as a result of the 911 call. If that call had not happened I think she would have been killed as well. Securing her (as hostage) offered some assurance and leverage to perp(s) in the event they did get caught.
Also feels like a hired out "hit"regardless if it was the right house or wrong house? Busting door down and executing two people so quickly - these perp(s) didn't even know who they were sent to kill. They just had a job to do. IMO

Sad case. Prayers and justice for Jayme.

My 22-year old daughter (not a teen, I realize, but still in college), suspects the perp is someone Jayme communicated w/ regularly online, but didn't know in person. I think it was someone majorly pissed off at James and/or Denise, for whatever reason.
That is a scenario I can see and Jayme would not intentionally or knowingly be contributing to it.

Hopefully this is okay to post, I wish these rumors would stop.:mad:
Authorities Investigating Jayme Closs Photo, Say It’s Not Credible

Yes, let's hope! These hoaxes are so hurtful to the family and unnecessarily consume LE's time.

IMO: The only thing remarkable about the photo is the differences in hair texture/line, lip outline, nose, eyebrows, chin, eyes, cheek bone structure and overall shape/size. I guess it's all in how you look at it; as a whole or as separate elements.

I'm trying to confirm (or eliminate) whether the origin is a still photo from an episode of a television crime drama which aired in 2006. I'll update if I find proof/links.

One of the recent updates from the sheriff stated that they believed they needed to do more work on the time line leading up to the crime. We know very little from that day - a party attended by Jayme and her mother, her father didn't attend (at work? at a bar watching a game?) and mother's phone call to her sister that night. After that the time line is full of holes for those of us outside the investigation. I suspect LE knows more than we do but I find it interesting that they are trying to fill in the gaps and go farther back in time. Perhaps for situations like you brought out or others.

I live in VA and heard about the Smart Family Murders in Bassett VA, but I had not done any research on the case in years. After others on here brought it up, I saw a lot of similarities. I listened to a podcast on the case and the hosts had many of the same questions about the motives that we have thought about on Jayme's case. I just hope the end result is not the same.

Does anyone have a link to the image online, perhaps can share with me in private? I would like to sleuth any data attached to the image file. Tia!

MOO: I think we might be looking for a still photo taken from a (2003-2006?) tv crime drama. That's what I'm currently looking into. From the get-go this has had "Hollywood" and "hoax" written all over it (to me).

The phone line at the Smart house had been cut. I seem to recall that the 911 dispatcher could not reach the Closs residence via the landline. I wonder if it was cut also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214