AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I sign off for the night, I wanted to throw and idea out there for my fellow dinosaurs to gnaw on. I think it’s safe to say that most of us are way closer to understanding the perspective of folks Jim and Denises age. But I can say with confidence that I do not have a clue what life is like as a today teenager. I barely remember what being a teen in the 70’s was like.

There’s no teens in my family right now, but I would love to hear that perspective. Do any of you know teens - especially girls - who have or would have an opinion on this case?

As I sign off for the night, I wanted to throw and idea out there for my fellow dinosaurs to gnaw on. I think it’s safe to say that most of us are way closer to understanding the perspective of folks Jim and Denises age. But I can say with confidence that I do not have a clue what life is like as a today teenager. I barely remember what being a teen in the 70’s was like.

There’s no teens in my family right now, but I would love to hear that perspective. Do any of you know teens - especially girls - who have or would have an opinion on this case?

Yes. My sisters grand daughters are 13 and 15. I have talked about this case with them. I do share some cases with them, and have in the past, because they live in Los Angeles suburbs and need to be aware of their surroundings.

My 13 yr old great niece thinks she was kidnapped by a stranger. But my 15 yr old thinks she may have had an older boyfriend, who got mad at her parents. Neither of them think she had anything to do with hurting her parents. But the older niece thinks she may have complained about her family and used them as an excuse for why she couldn't see him, etc. And I do see how that might have triggered something bad, especially if the guy was unstable.

I said, but wouldn't the detectives find the texts and calls. She laughed and said it's easy to stay under the radar, using Wats Up and Snap Chat and other apps I never heard of....

Are there any articles noting whether or not law enforcement is still actively searching for the two vehicles of interest — the Acura/Edge + Dodge Charger? It may be helpful to know this, and which residential and commercial properties had cameras to film them being near the Closs’ home.

It was also odd LE dismissed the Florida angle, but then warned GA residents to be on the lookout. Granted, I believe this had to do with time stamps and the actual time it would have taken to get to Florida.

Any chance the 911 call which overheard yelling could be fixed up and released to the public for potential ID purposes?

Yes. My sisters grand daughters are 13 and 15. I have talked about this case with them. I do share some cases with them, and have in the past, because they live in Los Angeles suburbs and need to be aware of their surroundings.

My 13 yr old great niece thinks she was kidnapped by a stranger. But my 15 yr old thinks she may have had an older boyfriend, who got mad at her parents. Neither of them think she had anything to do with hurting her parents. But the older niece thinks she may have complained about her family and used them as an excuse for why she couldn't see him, etc. And I do see how that might have triggered something bad, especially if the guy was unstable.

I said, but wouldn't the detectives find the texts and calls. She laughed and said it's easy to stay under the radar, using Wats Up and Snap Chat and other apps I never heard of....

Nephews are jaymes age... what’s app/ snap/ kik are their go tos.... with snap. Think law enforcement gets a lot of last 30 days info.. kik there likely screwed...

They snap so much I think it 40 years humans heads will change shape and we no longer talk to one other ..

On top of the anonymity of the apps there kept in sub folders on phone with odd names... jaymes parents would open a folder for civics lesson... but subfolder might be the app ...I’m sure feds are gleaming what they can from phones ... from all 3....
Hopefully there checking all closs family phones. .... still think there’s a connection somewhere... might be 4/5 months or year old.., some people delete text...or switch phones .... I’d scrub them all... jayme might have confided to aunt something specific.. who knows ..

Article on kik

Westfield police warn against Kik messaging app as they investigate elementary school sexting

The Barron County Sheriff's Department investigated a picture on social media this weekend claiming to show Jayme Closs, but the photo is not considered credible at this time, Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald told KARE 11 on Monday.

The origin of the photo is unknown, but it has been widely shared and discussed in multiple Facebook groups and even appeared on a "true crime" YouTube Page. It appears to show a younger girl in the company of an unidentified man.

The picture was sent to a law enforcement tipline at some point, but Sheriff Fitzgerald said it does not appear to be Jayme. It is unclear how the photo spread online in the first place.

Family members have received messages alerting them to the picture, but a relative also told KARE 11 unequivocally that the photo is not of Jayme Closs.

Verify: Social media posts about Closs not credible, sheriff says

The Barron County Sheriff's Department investigated a picture on social media this weekend claiming to show Jayme Closs, but the photo is not considered credible at this time, Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald told KARE 11 on Monday.

The origin of the photo is unknown, but it has been widely shared and discussed in multiple Facebook groups and even appeared on a "true crime" YouTube Page. It appears to show a younger girl in the company of an unidentified man.

The picture was sent to a law enforcement tipline at some point, but Sheriff Fitzgerald said it does not appear to be Jayme. It is unclear how the photo spread online in the first place.

Family members have received messages alerting them to the picture, but a relative also told KARE 11 unequivocally that the photo is not of Jayme Closs.

Verify: Social media posts about Closs not credible, sheriff says
Does anyone have a link to the image online, perhaps can share with me in private? I would like to sleuth any data attached to the image file. Tia!

I also have a daughter that’s 15, her first question was “have they found all her snap/kick/whatever profiles?” Apparently it’s pretty common to have one for family and the like, and then a second that mom & dad don’t know about. She says THAT’S the one they need to find if they want to find an online connection. Any profile that mom, dad, aunts and the rest of the family know about, won’t have the people that LE are looking for.

Could it have happened like this;
Jayme is in bed asleep. Denise is in the bedroom. James is sitting in the living room. A car comes up the driveway, he sees it and hears it and gets up and looks through the living room window and recognizes both car and occupant. He goes to the door and opens it. Then, seeing a gun, he closes it and the perp kicks it in as James tries to hold it shut. The perp comes in with gun in hand and holds James and Denise at gunpoint and is yelling. Jayme wakes and comes out of her room. Denise dials 911 and is holding the phone. Perp grabs Jayme (or his accomplice does) and leaves and on the way out shoots James and Denise. Shootings happen on the way out not on the way in.
This allows for revenge as a motive (parents know he has Jayme) and purpose (he has Jayme).

I suppose it could have happened that way, but I still can not see my daughter coming into a room with an argument like that going on. She would hear me telling him to put the gun away, and let’s talk this out... I believe she would stay in her room, hide and call 911. I’ve said it before, she would give me up for lost if there was a spider in the same room as me. I think however it went down, all three of them had to already be in the living/front room for the time line to fit. Something else that doesn’t fit: why did they find Jayme’s phone charging on the kitchen counter? That NEVER happens with my teen aged daughter if she’s in her room...

Edit: Now that I think about it, this makes me think that nearly every theory I’ve read starts with her in her room. This makes me sure that she was not in her room asleep when it went down. For whatever reason. She doesn’t go to bed and leave her phone to charge in the kitchen, there’s outlets in her room. This also makes me firmly believe she is not involved in the plot. If you know you’re leaving and not taking your phone, why charge it?

Last edited:
With all due respect, there is NO WAY a 13yo ‘outsmarts’ the FBI. There may be ‘invisible’ apps, or ‘under the radar’ apps, or whatever you want to call them...but if a device in the possession of LE was used in such a manner or with that sort of app, then they know about it.

Common sense says that with school the next day, that Jayme would be in bed and probably asleep. Common sense says that a young girl who just turned 13 and is so obviously loved and cherished by her parents would not be looking to get out of her house and out and away from them. I am not sure that suspicion would be the first reaction by James to someone he recognizes coming up to the house, probably curiosity and then it was too late.

My 22-year old daughter (not a teen, I realize, but still in college), suspects the perp is someone Jayme communicated w/ regularly online, but didn't know in person. I think it was someone majorly pissed off at James and/or Denise, for whatever reason.

I’m so worried she’s being held against her will under unspeakable circumstances (like AH), but of course that would mean she’s alive...

I go back and forth between her being alive and deceased. :(

I have no idea what happened to her.

But parents killed, held against will (if that were the case, under likely unspeakable conditions), it would be a hard thing to come back from to say the least :(. But look how Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee D, Amanda berry and Michelle knight..
—-

ETA: Parents murdered in front of you and who knows what else.

Jayme, if you are alive we are holding you in our hearts right now, hugging you and we are still looking for you and will not forget about you until you are found!

( :( )

(Tearing me up going into the new year with this unresolved)

Where the heck is she?!

:(

(ETA: looked these ladies up, Michelle K, just seeing a new article from 2018:

Michelle Knight's five years of freedom after house of horrors

“I do have triggers,” she said. “Certain smells. Light fixtures with chain pulls.”“

Last edited:
I tend to agree with Moonsie, but I also don’t know what’s even possible on the average smart phone. In talking with my daughter trying to understand this case (I’ve learned a lot about teenagers), she told me that she has 12-15 email accounts. She never uses email so she forgets the password. Then when she wants to join something else that needs an email address, she just makes a new one. If she and and Jayme are similar, I can see how there could be a second online account that LE hasn’t found yet. Add that to my phone has a “private” browser mode that says it doesn’t save any history or searches...(although, again I don’t know how uncrackable that is for the FBI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214