AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, no, that would mess everything up.

I haven't seen the interview with them, but if one of them suggested it was a semi or backfires, maybe it was just an instinctual response to being put on the spot with a camera on you, and all of a sudden feeling like, well, damn, I don't really know what I heard.

I thought a bit about the timing and did a walkabout in my house, and of all the timepieces (stove, microwave, phones, laptops, bedside clocks, etc.), there's an 11 minute difference among them. I didn't notice it before! The clocks in the Smrekars's house could be way off, who knows.

They're sure they heard gunshots...

Video: Jayme Closs neighbors heard two gunshots before a 911 call was made | Daily Mail Online

Around here, guys work on their cars so they are fast and loud not quiet and smooth. I noticed an Xtreme Motor Sports business down the road a bit and a lot of tracks from ATV's I guess down along side the railroad tracks behind their home. Wonder if there is a connection. I noted this on Google Maps.
I realized we are not really talking about the same thing. The guys you know of are purposely making them loud with high performance parts, exhaust pipes being the biggest contributor to how loud they are. Yes, it does make the engine sound like it’s popping, because it’s louder you hear every cylinder firing. What I’m talking about is (again, I’m no mechanic), the engine is running rich (maybe) and/or the timing is off, so it’s getting more fuel than it’s burning. When you let off the accelerator, the unburnt fuel builds up in the exhaust pipe, and then is ignited causing an explosion that literally sounds like a gun shot. Or louder. A “car guy” wouldn’t let his vintage muscle car run that bad, git tears up exhaust systems. Like I said, probably every car made in the last twenty years has a computer that controls all that on the fly, so I don’t think they can back fire.

Edit: Dumb kids in small towns circa 1992 will definitely let their pickup run that bad just for laughs. *whistles innocently*

I'm very familiar with the semi-braking sound. I don't think I would mistake it for a gun unless I were asleep (which I gather they weren't) and it woke me up, plus you'd hear the truck decelerating as well. Also, if there were two bangs, the sound would be moving if it were a semi and the listener would be able to discern that, I believe. But I'm not a gun person at all, and from looking at street view, "next door" is not all that close. All in all, I'm thinking the neighbors did hear the weapons fire next door, though LE thinks they're off on their timing.
I agree, it’s a stretch, I was just stating I’d guess jake brake over a cars’s back fire.

Last edited:
In the couch interview, the brother does not say he has a gut feeling. So it looks like the recollection is a combination of the two interviews? Or did I miss him say something?

In any case, thanks for finding the interviews! I hadn't seen them before.

I realized we are not really talking about the same thing. The guys you know of are purposely making them loud with high performance parts, exhaust pipes being the biggest contributor to how loud they are. Yes, it does make the engine sound like it’s popping, because it’s louder you hear every cylinder firing. What I’m talking about is (again, I’m no mechanic), the engine is running rich (maybe) and/or the timing is off, so it’s getting more fuel than it’s burning. When you let off the accelerator, the unburnt fuel builds up in the exhaust pipe, and then is ignited causing an explosion that literally sounds like a gun shot. Or louder. A “car guy” wouldn’t let his vintage muscle car run that bad, it tears up exhaust systems. Like I said, probably every car made in the last twenty years has a computer that controls all that on the fly, so I don’t think they can back fire.

I agree, it’s a stretch, I was just stating I’d guess jake brake over a cars’s back fire.
You described what I couldn't. That's what I meant. On the other hand, someone who would be on a thrill kill ride wouldn't probably care about his car exhaust system. It seems like someone would not drive up to that house in a calm, controlled way and get to the front door and then explode in the level of thrill/rage that the rest of the crime would require. Also, I have been thinking about what kind of person would Denise's brother think could have done this.

Thanks for finding this. I have been too lazy to refute the posts saying the family had an idea who did this...clearly IMO they do not, no more than LE does.
This matter has been resolved. It turns out that at least a dozen of us here had our juice boxes spiked with LSD and were suffering mass hallucinations! Case closed.

Thanks for finding this. I have been too lazy to refute the posts saying the family had an idea who did this...clearly IMO they do not, no more than LE does.
Unfortunately that is not the original, this one has been edited.

In the original, he stated “I have an idea.” And it wasn’t “the family” who said it. Only Steve.

I remember it that way too. I mentioned it some time back. I went over and over the Internet videos last night every which way but could not find it. Darn.

I guess maybe we have all lost our collective minds :) I know darned well this was mentioned both in the log and in an interview. There is another entry also missing, I just realized but want to double check first...

Neighbor account
  • The Smrekars reported hearing two high-powered gunshots after 12:30 a.m. Monday. [2]
  • “I hear one shot and the second shot was even louder yet,” Joan Smrekar said. [26]
  • “It actually sounded like a car backfiring or something quite large,” her husband Tom Smrekar added. [26]
  • "JOAN SMREKAR, CLOSS` NEIGHBOR: We had come home about 11:30. We went to bed about quarter after 12:00. We were not sleeping and we heard the first shot and just a couple seconds is the second shot. And I asked my husband, I said, were those gunshots? Because they were so loud? And he said, yes, and he said, it`s a big gun and I rolled over and looked at the time on my clock, and it said 12:38. My clock is off by seven minutes per the Sheriff`s department, so this happened roughly around 12:30." [27]
This is from page one of each thread that Whiskers 16 put together.

I have noticed a few things have disappeared. I spent days looking for the sheriff in a brown coat interview, never did find it. I know it existed at one point. I don't understand why things are disappearing.

I have noticed a few things have disappeared. I spent days looking for the sheriff in a brown coat interview, never did find it. I know it existed at one point. I don't understand why things are disappearing.
I spent days going back over everything looking for tire skid marks and never found them. Thought I was losing my mind.

Neighbor account
  • The Smrekars reported hearing two high-powered gunshots after 12:30 a.m. Monday. [2]
  • “I hear one shot and the second shot was even louder yet,” Joan Smrekar said. [26]
  • “It actually sounded like a car backfiring or something quite large,” her husband Tom Smrekar added. [26]
  • "JOAN SMREKAR, CLOSS` NEIGHBOR: We had come home about 11:30. We went to bed about quarter after 12:00. We were not sleeping and we heard the first shot and just a couple seconds is the second shot. And I asked my husband, I said, were those gunshots? Because they were so loud? And he said, yes, and he said, it`s a big gun and I rolled over and looked at the time on my clock, and it said 12:38. My clock is off by seven minutes per the Sheriff`s department, so this happened roughly around 12:30." [27]
This is from page one of each thread that Whiskers 16 put together.

I didn't hear that in the interview that Dude linked, which is why I suggested they must have given a second interview to another news outlet, not linked, in which Tom compared the sound to a car. And I didn't recall where the car idea came from, so thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MisstressNifer