AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Once again I am unable to quote. In reference to James being and work and wondering what Denise actually said at the party, I have always wondered if she just used that excuse because he didn't want to go to the family function? My mom comes from a big family and my dad almost always stayed home and sometimes made brief appearances. He isn't about large gatherings, nothing to do with him liking them or not, just not his thing. I don't believe Jennie-O has actually verified that he was indeed working and that has only come from the family.

I have noticed a few things have disappeared. I spent days looking for the sheriff in a brown coat interview, never did find it. I know it existed at one point. I don't understand why things are disappearing.

I wonder if, in our age of instantaneously posting as news everything that comes across the desk before confirmation, beleaguered small local news outlets implement a policy of revising or simply deleting entire stories if facts or pressure are contradictory to the story previously posted. 1984-like, rather than preparing and issuing a correction.

Okay. Next one--there was an Almena address on the original call log in an entry showing an officer was sent there. Again, maybe I am just not seeing it. I will admit there is a little vodka in my kool-aid.

I also remember the interview all have been talking about, I remember a school liaison officer and I remember an Almena address.

With regard to the interview, the brother did not say as much as the sisters and yes, when he started to say that, he did not get to finish. I almost remember it as one day was part of the interview and a following day or two they released a longer portion of the same interview because there were a few additional things in it. Almost like there was the TV release and then someone linked the original unedited interview from the news station. I doubt that helps if it no longer exists but that is what I recall. I also remember thinking one almost did not know grandpa was there on the couch in my first viewing of one, but in a later one he was at the right end.

This probably helps in no way and it is simply gone but did more than one station come to the home for the interview...? Not unheard of, just like the press conferences. I almost thought it was 5 or 11, not channel 9...

There WAS an Almena address.

At about the 2:08 mark in the video I really wish I could link, one detail is cleared up. The soccer mom minivan which we believe to be the ME's vehicle is positioned virtually atop the tire marks in the front yard, marks we've seen and questioned in other still photos. Might be just my opinion, but it looks like all that giddy up ate up some turf.

That time frame was 7 min, 3 seconds. It took about 2.5 minutes do everything up to the dispatch of the 3 BCSO units.

How? It's a 911 call center. It's what they do. They have training, procedures, and software to help them do that job.

I've worked with these people for 15+ years across the US. They generally do an excellent job under high stress.

This call was handled very well. You can find my other points by searching for them.

I can do a 911 primer if there's interest I suppose, though there are excellent explanations online already.

and, from my extremely limited knowledge of 911 procedures, the operator most likely alerted LE once she found the address, correct? so LE was "suiting" up so to speak while she then tried the landline, etc and then kept in contact with LE as they were on their way. Seems like from the various 911 calls i've listened to, things are going on simultaneously and that's why you often hear operators say "ambulance is on the way, you have to stay on the line with me" and such. Based on your knowledge and experience, do you believe this would be a fair assumption?

@The Dude I went back to when the videos were originally posted in this thread and I can't find any conversation about what you are talking about (the couch interview). Was it possibly from the other interview? The one where he has the bright green shirt on first aired on November 12th and those who watched it didn't really get much from it.

Okay. Next one--there was an Almena address on the original call log in an entry showing an officer was sent there. Again, maybe I am just not seeing it. I will admit there is a little vodka in my kool-aid.

I also remember the interview all have been talking about, I remember a school liaison officer and I remember an Almena address.

With regard to the interview, the brother did not say as much as the sisters and yes, when he started to say that, he did not get to finish. I almost remember it as one day was part of the interview and a following day or two they released a longer portion of the same interview because there were a few additional things in it. Almost like there was the TV release and then someone linked the original unedited interview from the news station. I doubt that helps if it no longer exists but that is what I recall. I also remember thinking one almost did not know grandpa was there on the couch in my first viewing of one, but in a later one he was at the right end.

This probably helps in no way and it is simply gone but did more than one station come to the home for the interview...? Not unheard of, just like the press conferences. I almost thought it was 5 or 11, not channel 9...

There WAS an Almena address.
I remember the interviews were like that...just some and then a lot more was found that looked like same interview at first.

Last edited:
There are enough of us who saw it that I know we weren’t all dreaming!! Frustrating when things are taken down.

On another case I follow (Abby & Libby) there were a couple of interviews that were posted in MSM and then parts were removed. Makes me want to screenshot everything but then I would need a phone with more memory.
Or a burner lol. Just joking.

I remember an interview with James's brother early on, but not since. Has he spoken out at all and I missed it? I think his observations would be interesting to hear. I agree with your post. I know there is no perfect family. I would hate for mine to be held to scrutiny.

They can be perfectly lovely and some person decides something they did was unacceptable. Maybe they forgot to say,”Hello.” There are a lot of unhappy people out there who take things personally that no one else would even register.

on the 911 log the call in from moms brother latter in morning stands out to me. that mixed in with him on the interviews. I have to wonder if his feeling or thought was strong enough to cause him to call 911. it could have been a call for more info just family related but...

I remember the interviews were like that...just some and then a lot more was found that looked like same interview at first.

I don't have any koolaid or juice....think the mixer for it would still be good after ten years? I might need to find some koolaid.

Yes, exactly. There were interviews I saw. Then I would see a post where someone said "so and so said this" and I would think, no, they did not say any such thing in that interview, because I saw it. They would have a link, I think I have seen that interview, but I go watch it again to see what the heck are you talking about and lo and behold it has MORE in it or different things in it. That happened a few times.... Even with the most recent Daily Mail one, I did not realize for a few days there was a video interview of the sheriff to go with it... Some probably still do not realize that.

Yet it does appear some things can no longer be found....

I do remember something about their dog, but to correct one point, they reported they had not been to sleep yet when they heard the two shots. moo
I remember this too because it made me think of how my dog would act sometimes when my husband was traveling. He wouldn't make a noise perse, just get up or start walking around and looking at me as if to say "did you hear that?" Used to freak me out.

@The Dude I went back to when the videos were originally posted in this thread and I can't find any conversation about what you are talking about (the couch interview). Was it possibly from the other interview? The one where he has the bright green shirt on first aired on November 12th and those who watched it didn't really get much from it.
You wouldn't have found the comment because either the linked video would be the one edited on the Fox side, or it was the mass delusion several of us are suffering. It was either the sofa / green plaid interview that we still see part of now, or a different sofa interview that has vanished altogether.

You wouldn't have found the comment because either the linked video would be the one edited on the Fox side, or it was the mass delusion several of us are suffering. It was either the sofa / green plaid interview that we still see part of now, or a different sofa interview that has vanished altogether.

I know it's been attributed to LSD in the juiceboxes and case closed, but I'll take one shot and not mention it again: the interview bizzel posted had the brother saying he had gut reactions, while the couch interview did not have him saying that.

Is it possible that the two interviews have been conflated/combined in the collective mind?

If not, it seems that we still have Steven saying he has a gut reaction as to the perpetrator. And maybe that interview should be preserved, just in case in comes up again.

Last edited:
@ilovechili They did go to an Almena address but it was the next day or something of that. They were checking in on sex offenders in the area. I remember looking up the sex offenders in that trailer park too. A girl from Almena had posted a snapchat photo of all the LE presence on the Barron County page when it was happening.

Missing Jayme Closs Was Home When Abductor Shot Her Parents Dead, Source Claims

The additional address on the call log that they sent officers too 3:27 is a Cumberland address belonging to Jayme's cousin's fiance/boyfriend (per CCAP). I have read they went there to alert her cousin prior to her going to work that morning because she works for Barron Sheriff. But she also could have heard it on the scanner and been calling in freaking out, but either way that address is a relative. I also wondered who lived at that address when they released the call log.

No, I meant I didn't find any previous discussion about what you are saying here in these forums. I would think something like that would have been a hot topic when they interviews came out? Or admin has scrubbed the forums of that as well? Or..... you guys are just cray ;)

These links may help clarify the 911 call center dispatcher’s actions and the timeline. The dispatcher had contact with the cell phone for 45 seconds. Both the landline and Denise’s cell phone were attempted.

Additionally, regarding the specially trained dog used for locating electronic devices- the dog may have found the cell phones- I am not sure about other talk regarding a school issued device, like an iPad, laptop, or Chromebook- not a media source to verify (that I can find- help out if there is one).

The events started at 12:53 a.m. on Monday, October 15, when a 911 call was received on which nobody spoke. The dispatcher reported she “could hear a lot of yelling” in the background before the connection was broken.

The dispatcher tried several times to reach the phone from which the 911 call was placed — a mobile phone listed to Denise Closs — but received no answer. The dispatcher also called the landline at the house; it had been disconnected, she said.

Following are selected entries from the dispatch log.

12:56 a.m.: Three deputies are dispatched to the Closs home after a 911 hangup.

Jayme Closs: Night of the killings, from the dispatch log

County dispatch records show a cryptic 911 call that ended abruptly in 45 seconds was placed the night of Oct. 15.

Authorities at the Closs home discovered the landline was disconnected and that Jayme's parents had been fatally shot.

Thursday Marks 1 Month Since Jayme Closs Reported Missing

The sheriff said that deputies arrived at the house early Monday morning within 4 minutes of the end of a 911 call from the residence, but found no suspects or gun and no sign of Jayme, who was ruled out as a suspect early on.

<snip>

Fitzgerald has yet to say how long the parents were dead before the bodies were discovered the 911 call brought deputies to the home, which is set back in woods along Hwy. 8 just west of town. Family members told CBS News in a telephone interview that the front door of the family’s home was shot in.

Wisconsin town on edge with search for missing teen, parents found shot to death

Initially, detectives collected about 80 surveillance videos from businesses and other locations near the crime scene. When those failed to yield any clues, FBI agents assisting on the case expanded the collection of surveillance videos to areas beyond the county.

Meanwhile, the Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation used a specially trained dog to sniff out electronic devices at the Closs home, including the cellphones that belonged to Jayme and her parents, but that hasn’t produced any leads.

Jayme Closs’ Family Faces Painful Holiday Season

*** other interesting links:

Jayme with denim jacket, smiling vs the more subdued image- are they from the same party?

Interview with James Closs’ siblings

Jayme Closs' family shares grief one month later

@ilovechili And the reference to Almena on the call log are for Anderson Dairy, which they later searched. They called and the owners searched themselves and found nothing, and since they were on private property the sheriff had to request that they be able to search, which happened the next day I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho