AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave up trying to make sense of this timeline. What still bothers me is that this is the only thing (that we know of) that resembles any form of having witnesses, yet it seems to have just been discarded. If it’s because they just gave up trying to figure it out, I’m not sure how excited we should be about the rest of the investigation. *shrug*

totally agree. that's why i had said earlier the only thing i feel comfortable with 100% is what's in the 911 log and the fact that 2 adults were murdered and a 13 year old is missing. Everything else is just too confusing and i don't know what to believe. i've even entertained the thought that the gunshots were in fact to scare off animals as Mrs. Smrekar believed, and the timing was just purely coincidental...might seem a bit far-fetched but hey, stranger things have happened.

i'm truly not interested in being 'right' or having the correct theory - heck i've put out enough that obviously one is right and the others are wrong. what i'm interested in is finding Jayme and catching whoever is responsible. i really enjoy trying to make sense, if it's possible, of what happened with all of you and your insights and life experiences. it certainly gets me thinking and i learn new things from everyone.

totally agree. that's why i had said earlier the only thing i feel comfortable with 100% is what's in the 911 log and the fact that 2 adults were murdered and a 13 year old is missing. Everything else is just too confusing and i don't know what to believe. i've even entertained the thought that the gunshots were in fact to scare off animals as Mrs. Smrekar believed, and the timing was just purely coincidental...might seem a bit far-fetched but hey, stranger things have happened.

i'm truly not interested in being 'right' or having the correct theory - heck i've put out enough that obviously one is right and the others are wrong. what i'm interested in is finding Jayme and catching whoever is responsible. i really enjoy trying to make sense, if it's possible, of what happened with all of you and your insights and life experiences. it certainly gets me thinking and i learn new things from everyone.

We know Jim's guns were account for allegedly. Do we know however he may not have used one to shoot in the air to send someone off of his property to show he means it, either a visitor who got out of line or who knows? He puts it back away, all is quiet and here comes the person back madder than a hornet and the door is kicked in, etc. This I believe would fit with the neighbor's account and the LE comments on timeline... Just rehashing thoughts which is pretty much what we do :)

*accounted*

I thought jacket, but you would have to ask 1987. Green plaid shirt was my focus. :mad:
Why is so much disappearing? And How?
Im starting to make theories about missing pieces to theories. Im just glad its not just me because I would swear I was losing my mind.
Fwiw, I do also remember the green plaid interview as is being discussed. But maybe it was the LSD, idk.

The Closs Mystery

scroll way down and this has part of the log and was the first I seen it, I don't know if it has changed or is the same or??? is just something I had saved and might be a little something that someone might be looking for maybe.

This is getting closer--this is what I was thinking of or closer to it--it looks more like screen shots than a download PDF, etc. or link. It was interesting to reread this article as well.

This is getting closer--this is what I was thinking of or closer to it--it looks more like screen shots than a download PDF, etc. or link. It was interesting to reread this article as well.

Nothing different in the log I see. Plus, the first part of the article is just wrong on timeline.

Again, the downloaded PDF *is* screenshots!

Nothing different in the log I see. Plus, the first part of the article is just wrong on timeline.

Again, the downloaded PDF *is* screenshots!

I mean the angle of the shots and the blurriness. I did not say it was it, I said it was closer to what I remember. It is not even all of the pages. You know we do not have to agree, I know what I am trying to find, it does not make me right or wrong. What is wrong on the time line? The first paragraph?

Why is so much disappearing? And How?
Im starting to make theories about missing pieces to theories. Im just glad its not just me because I would swear I was losing my mind.
Fwiw, I do also remember the green plaid interview as is being discussed. But maybe it was the LSD, idk.
I can’t answer why stuff is vanishing. I just know it is. It wouldn’t bother me so much if not for the fact we have been given so very little in the first place!

One item I cannot understand is how the phone used to dial 911 was turned off. Or, it was 'ended by the user'. But I thought the perp/s didn't even step 5 feet into the house?

I have exactly the opposite problem, I think I have ended a call and find it is still connected. Just another question with no answer. If I dropped my phone during a call it would not disconnect. A phone with little charge? A phone that was Denise's (so it went to her voice mail) but maybe she recently got a new one and again little to no charge, just the one someone could get their hands on? One day maybe we will know.

I am one that does not feel it has been said that "we know" the perp only stepped 5 feet in the house. I have taken those comments (2 I believe in different interviews) by the sheriff to be IF. Yet it seems to lend to saying they think that is the case...

ETA: I mean little to no charge on the old one, she had a new one? but one of the family members got their hands on the old one which had little to no charge...?

Wonder if there is a connection to the recalls....
Another Jennie o incident in 2016 at Minnesota location. Man threatens employee with broken beer bottle:
Police: Man breaks bottle, threatens to stab man in Faribault

Or
Today's news update - Car/tractor crash sends victim to hospital via Air Ambulance; Man threatens employees at Jennie-O Turkey; ESSA puts control locally for School Districts · KYMN Radio · Northfield, MN · AM 1080 & FM 95.1

I also wonder if any family members had any active restraining orders against someone.

Last edited:
Thread is open again.

When a post and subsequent discussion has been removed, it is done so for a reason. In this case it was because the discussion was based on social media rumor (Denise feeling unsafe) and there is no known MSM to substantiate that. WS is fact based, thus the requirement that information be based on MSM or LE, not social media rumors.

WS has been around for a long time and The Rules are in place for a reason and work very well.

Please do NOT decide that you think it is okay to discuss a rumor here and go ahead violating Websleuths TOS.

Something I wanted to bring up but the conversation had moved on by the time I got to the end of the comments was the idea of the murderer wearing protective gear from the plant. That kind of thing is made to not shed fibers or contamination. That is the point of it. If those suits could leave fibers so easily it would shed all over the products on the line.
I remember a case where the killer went home and soaked his tennis shoes in bleach. I can't believe how many times they found bloodstained clothing in a murderers hamper or washer or dumpster. I have seen interviews where people wore bloodstained items into the interrogation room because they didn't think about it getting on their shoes or jeans because they didn't see it themselves.
I had another idea while reading the posts about where Denise was found. What if she got up to go to the bathroom in the night and took her phone. James hears beating at the door and thinks something is going on with Denise. He reaches the main room and realizes it is coming from the door. He moves toward it and that is when it comes open and he is shot. Denise hears the shot and stumbles from the bathroom trying to dial 911. She fumbles the phone which disconnects it and ends up dropping it. The killer sees her framed by the light of the bathroom and shots her too. A gun going off in the house should wake up anyone. Jayme stumbles out and collides with the killer and that is how he grabs her.

Something I wanted to bring up but the conversation had moved on by the time I got to the end of the comments was the idea of the murderer wearing protective gear from the plant. That kind of thing is made to not shed fibers or contamination. That is the point of it. If those suits could leave fibers so easily it would shed all over the products on the line.
I remember a case where the killer went home and soaked his tennis shoes in bleach. I can't believe how many times they found bloodstained clothing in a murderers hamper or washer or dumpster. I have seen interviews where people wore bloodstained items into the interrogation room because they didn't think about it getting on their shoes or jeans because they didn't see it themselves.
I had another idea while reading the posts about where Denise was found. What if she got up to go to the bathroom in the night and took her phone. James hears beating at the door and thinks something is going on with Denise. He reaches the main room and realizes it is coming from the door. He moves toward it and that is when it comes open and he is shot. Denise hears the shot and stumbles from the bathroom trying to dial 911. She fumbles the phone which disconnects it and ends up dropping it. The killer sees her framed by the light of the bathroom and shots her too. A gun going off in the house should wake up anyone. Jayme stumbles out and collides with the killer and that is how he grabs her.
Your scenario seems plausible, minus maybe 2 things. I just don’t think the turkey suit is necessary. Have you seen pictures of that get-up? The other thing that gives me pause is that Jayme’s bedroom is in the back corner of the house. Did she stumble in a daze all the way to the front door?

Your scenario seems plausible, minus maybe 2 things. I just don’t think the turkey suit is necessary. Have you seen pictures of that get-up? The other thing that gives me pause is that Jayme’s bedroom is in the back corner of the house. Did she stumble in a daze all the way to the front door?

That’s also one of reason I think jayme was likely behind shooter or already told to lay down..stay put. something...

U don’t risk life in prison for 13 yr old girl if u might kill her.... perp had to know...jayme in car or basement...

I dunno just think jayme was goal... they weren’t risking hurting her..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member