AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like possibly somebody has been found and will be going home, even if it's not Jayme.

No matter who it is, they would probably keep matters private while they track down whoever hurt her or has been holding her. It might even be for her own safety.

Yeah the only other option is LE knows something and ain’t sharing it yet for whatever reason but I think it’s doubtful. If they had Jayme I’m thinking they’d be shouting or from rooftops.

Hypothetically I would hope they might wait til Jayme has made it to the hospital so as to not have a media frenzy upon her coming straight out, privacy etc of a minor. Also, if they’re doing an extraction, let’s say, they won’t want media to know until the mission is complete, etc.

on the 911 log the call in from moms brother latter in morning stands out to me. that mixed in with him on the interviews. I have to wonder if his feeling or thought was strong enough to cause him to call 911. it could have been a call for more info just family related but...

Discussed a while ago. No guarantee he called 911 (he could have) he could have talked with an officer or called the public police number instead. What's in the log is the dispatcher noting the info and direction given to the officer.

If not Jayme, I would love to know who it is. Back in the summer months there was a news report of a juvenile missing person who was found wandering a wooded area in Virginia. I completely understand the need for privacy, but it would be nice to know who has been found.

My husband said "maybe it is that one person who has been missing forever". My first thought was Laurie Depies. Growing up we heard about her and always hoped she would be found. Especially when you consider cases like Jaycee Dugard and Amanda Berry. I don't know if we will ever find out who this victim is but I am grateful they have been found.

I know, right? All this time that could have been spent taking LSD and analyzing patio doors. :mad:

May the people who start these rumors become infested with fire ants.

Well at least I didn't have to watch the same paul blume interview over and over anymore trying to find what the heck you were talking about

and, from my extremely limited knowledge of 911 procedures, the operator most likely alerted LE once she found the address, correct? so LE was "suiting" up so to speak while she then tried the landline, etc and then kept in contact with LE as they were on their way. Seems like from the various 911 calls i've listened to, things are going on simultaneously and that's why you often hear operators say "ambulance is on the way, you have to stay on the line with me" and such. Based on your knowledge and experience, do you believe this would be a fair assumption?

Well, the dispatcher is LE :)

I've never been in BC dispatch so I don't know the layout. At 1am Monday it's possible officers were in dispatch or nearby when the call came in. Also possible another dispatcher made a call to an on-duty deputy while the primary dispatcher worked on the hangup.

However, I'm pretty sure the dispatcher who took this call was very busy and very focused trying to get someone to pick up a callback, then confirming the address, and then dispatching all of the closest cars she had. Probably a strong jolt of adrenaline and the beginning of a long night.

Much like I think folks should do a ride along, I think people should sit for a shift or two in dispatch. A lot of times it's quiet or steady -- then there are calls like this and you can feel the stress, tension, and concentration.

They should track down the person who posted it and charge them with inducing panic to some posters on here. Just kidding, but I do wish these rumors would stop, just imagine how hurtful they are... especially for Jayme's family. :(
But, just imagine how happy this person's family is and how safe she has to feel. I'm assuming the story was true, not just Jayme?

I have one piece of good, but maybe bad news. I heard on my Texas weather today. Wisconsin temps will be as much as twenty degrees warmer this winter. Discussions today about winterizing cabins etc. Maybe that won't have to be done.

Lol. It would have been done months ago. October, November for sure

I have one piece of good, but maybe bad news. I heard on my Texas weather today. Wisconsin temps will be as much as twenty degrees warmer this winter. Discussions today about winterizing cabins etc. Maybe that won't have to be done.

Lol. It would have been done months ago. October, November for sure

Warning graphic:

I want to reiterate the potentially horrific circumstances under which Jayme could be being held under.

For example, AH was in a hot shipping container, and chained to a bed with a hose/straw to a fish tank for water. She also had a T-shirt over her head with a motorcycle helmet on top of that. She was NK’s captive for 9 months iirc?

(Reference Links:
GUILTY - NH - Abby Hernandez, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #15

Kidnapping survivor on how she stayed alive in captivity and never lost hope )

—-

If Jayme is alive obviously I hope we can find her fast. :( It’s already been so long... :(

This is starting to reeeeeally haunt me.

Last edited:
I Have a question forgive me for my bluntness.

How on earth did the 911 operator receive the SOS call, listen, call back no answer, identify the owner of said mobile phone and location of the caller/mobile phone, Then try the landline, glean information landline was disconnected and then get several LE units there in 4 minutes. How? Just pondering nothing more flipping quick and good going

From the receipt of the initial call, until she dispatched officers, was 2 minutes & 35 seconds.
From the time she dispatched officers until the first one arrived on scene, was 4 minutes and 28 seconds.

I rolled over and looked at the time on my clock, and it said 12:38. My clock is off by seven minutes per the Sheriff`s department, so this happened roughly around 12:30."

Did we ever hear 12:31 from the Sheriff? If this is the only place we've heard of the time adjustment, maybe Mrs Smrekar subtracted 7 minutes when she should have added, so instead of 12:31 it's 12:45?

Did we ever hear 12:31 from the Sheriff? If this is the only place we've heard of the time adjustment, maybe Mrs Smrekar subtracted 7 minutes when she should have added, so instead of 12:31 it's 12:45?
I've thought of that as possible. Then there would be, what, eight minutes difference?

Does anyone else remember reading in the call log that they saw James feet sticking out of the doorway on their approach to what they thought was s suicide? Does anyone else remember reading, again, in the call log that they contacted Jayme's school resource officer to ascertain that there WAS a juvenile in the Closs home because they came upon her room? These and other items are what I remember reading but now cannot find in the call log. It says they issued whatever it was that they issued re missing juvenile at 0317? Why the time discrepancy? The call log says nothing about these two things and I remember reading both. TIA

These were not in the dispatch log. They may have been in one of the news articles that reprinted portions of the dispatch log interspersed with commentary.

These were not in the dispatch log. They may have been in one of the news articles that reprinted portions of the dispatch log interspersed with commentary.
Well, I will have to quit sleuthing. I've had memory problems like any other human being but they're reductive in nature. I usually don't pull something like this and two other things like this out of my butt jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho