AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two murders and a missing child.

What’s a possible explanation the family has not heard the 911 call to possibly ID other/s that may be heard on the call — even a modified version to edit out the families voices?

Just listening to Sheriff Fitzgerald's interview on Drydenwire again and he goes through his reasoning about calling Jamye a missing and endangered person. I'm not saying that the logs weren't wrong yada yada but he does say exactly what I've been yammering about for so long--that they had two deceased parents and a child's room and they woke the school cop up to ask if there was a kid who lived at this address...I DO remember seeing this information in the call log but here is another instance of this information so the possibility exists that I've been wrong. The Drydenwire interview may have been the source of the information that I thought had been on the call log.

I’m fairly certain that things got conflated at this point. If you go back to thread 26, page 30-31 there is more discussion about it. Heck, on those pages there are a few posters now insisting that it exists telling other posters that it doesn’t. That’s how things go on here when we get to dozens of threads.

I’ll say it again, the whole theme of every interview with the family has been that they have no idea what happened. It doesn’t make sense that those same interviews would include something where a family member says that they do have a pretty good idea.

I'll say it again, many of us disagree with your conclusion. We saw the video in its original form and know what was there. Perhaps it'll turn up again, who knows?

Last edited:
I believe Jayme may have been able to run through the woods in the dark. She lived here her whole life, she knew the paths. But a stranger, in the dark, nope. How does your theory have them going down the RR tracks? It's not as easy walking/running them as one would think. Cars can't drive on RR tracks. 4 wheeler maybe but isn't this a working track? Just staying parked there while you go off through the woods and do your dastardly deed, then coming back, and trusting a train didn't come in the meanwhile, wouldn't be so good. And I know one of the reasons LE ruled out the panty thief was his lack of a car. They know a car was involved, or they wouldn't have said that.
Ruling out the panty thief is a big mistake--mark my words. He is not as benign as they would have us believe. JMO

Are we still talking about this???
Yeah, the concept is hard for some to cope with.
Video packages in mainstream media get altered (re-cut) for various reasons. There are versions meant for web platforms, versions meant for the TV broadcast and versions that are altered later for reasons the media provider just isn't going to tell you.
For instance, here are two versions of this couch interview. Same interview, same family members, same reporter, but much more of what the uncle said is used in one version than in the other. And of course there could be more out there. Like the original that many of us -- who have been following this case since Day 1 and are not late to the party -- saw when it first appeared.
These two links below lead to the same interview, but are packaged differently. Family members talk longer or shorter in the two versions, and the B-roll used in the voiceovers is different. In the first one, the uncle talks longer, at about 1:10 into it.

Family of missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs shares story weeks after disappearance

Search for missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs continues as FBI investigates additional video, sheriff says

And here's a third version

"I've got quite a few gut feelings"

Last edited:
vi
I believe Jayme may have been able to run through the woods in the dark. She lived here her whole life, she knew the paths. But a stranger, in the dark, nope. How does your theory have them going down the RR tracks? It's not as easy walking/running them as one would think. Cars can't drive on RR tracks. 4 wheeler maybe but isn't this a working track? Just staying parked there while you go off through the woods and do your dastardly deed, then coming back, and trusting a train didn't come in the meanwhile, wouldn't be so good. And I know one of the reasons LE ruled out the panty thief was his lack of a car. They know a car was involved, or they wouldn't have said that.
My theory says it is possible that they ran to an ATV at the back edge of the property. They did not use the RR tracks. Google maps, satellite view, shows a wide mowed strip beside the RR tracks. It runs to the left all the way to a road then they could have turned north where some searches were conducted. The Google map page also shows vehicle tracks especially near the road end like it is used for off road vehicles. There appears to be enough room to leave a vehicle that a train would go by and never even know it was there.
Also we have no way of knowing if there was a path from the house to the back edge of their property, if so, they could have moved swiftly.

New story. No new information but it is always possible law enforcement could decide to offer up something they have been holding back until now.

Jayme Closs relatives work to keep her disappearance a priority, investigators set to meet

The sheriff meeting with state investigators and FBI....maybe we will hear something today. I don't expect LE to release anything about the crime scene evidence though. Of course, maybe the state and FBI are simply updating the sheriff on evidence processing and video surveillance reviews.

The sheriff meeting with state investigators and FBI....maybe we will hear something today. I don't expect LE to release anything about the crime scene evidence though. Of course, maybe the state and FBI are simply updating the sheriff on evidence processing and video surveillance reviews.
I was thinking/hoping the same thing!

Haha

Yup, happens here all the time.

1) Jayme's uncle said he had lots of different ideas about what happened
2) I think I heard Jayme's uncle say he had an idea what happened
3) Jayme's uncle said he had a good idea of what happened and he looked angry when he said it
4) I can't find the video of it, but I know I saw it
5) Things about this case are being deleted from the internet, it's a conspiracy

I'm not sure what step 6 is, but I'm scared to see what it is. I heard steps 1-5 involved LSD, so I am worried

I never heard any of the above, only “I have an idea” which has since been edited. Most likely for his own protection.

Considering his demeanor and body language I am fairly certain he would have shared his idea with LE.

Maybe. I have previously posted this screen shot from one of the media stories where we see part of the crime scene tape wrapped around a post where we also see barbed wire wrapped around that post and off to the left of that post. No idea if that barbed wire runs around the property or not.
Good catch.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Here in Canada there is not so much of a gun presence in the home as in other countries, and frankly, I don't think anyone in my family or myself would be able to handle having one, let alone using one properly if required under stress lol. However, I do not answer the door after dark unless I know visitors are arriving and they confirm themselves through the door lol. Also, I do not like to answer the door during the day due to sales or political peddlars lol, and when I used to answer it on occasion, we would get a few oddballs too. There is really no reason to answer the door to unannounced people, and if they are in need of help, I would always be glad to call in help for them, without opening the door! Sounds a bit paranoid, but ...
No, that doesn't sound paranoid at all. You should look into those video doorbell thingies? Obviously I don't know what they're called lol.
They're called wireless Video Doorbells runs $39 installed. Google it.

Last edited:
That is my guess...signs the bed was used, maybe even still warm...
I had thought this too, but LE didn’t realize a teen was missing until a few hours later. I think they’d have put 2 & 2 together if an officer had noticed the bed warm.

Most likely indicators of her presence would be fingerprints on top layer of Denise’s phone, footprints in or around the home, partially eaten item (fresh w bitemarks), books open in bed (Monday morning often includes quizzes), voice on 911 call, etc. LE knows she was on the property at the time her parents died. Whether it be inside or out might be unknown. MO.

I had thought this too, but LE didn’t realize a teen was missing until a few hours later. I think they’d have put 2 & 2 together if an officer had noticed the bed warm.

I think "confirm" not "realize" is more accurate here. It's a small town, even without family pictures and such I figure they knew very quickly that they needed to find Jayme.

LE needed to confirm Jayme wasn't in the house, on the property, away from home that night, etc. before putting out a nationwide BOLO.

I am still closely following this case but havent posted often lately since it seems LE has no further evidence to show who the suspect could be.

As time passes it makes me worry if it will become like the Short family case and may become another cold case where parents were murdered at home and their daughter kidnapped.

I just don't see the suspect as being a local among only 3300 citizens and probably at least half are young children and females.

When the victims are local and so is the suspect those are the easiest cases to solve even LE readily admits that to be the case.

Imo LE has found nothing which would point them in the right direction even as we roll in another new year.

As Fitzgerald has said they have found no online activity between Jayme and and any other online person. None.

He also said there is no evidence whatsoever Jayme had a local boyfriend of any age. During that thorough investigation it would include anyone who may have liked Jayme wanting to be a boyfriend even if she was not receptive. Obviously the old stored away laptop resulted in no useful evidence to advance the case. So everything collected including forensic evidence has not advanced the case.

Imo there is simply no way a local could get away with double murder and capture a 13 year old child never to be seen again. Not with the entire community being suspicious of each other who lives there watching each other's mannerisms and coming and goings closely.

With an investigation this large (possibly the largest in its history for this state) including over 200 FBI agents on the ground it is very logical that everyone who resides there have been thoroughly interviewed possibly several times by now.

As it often goes I am sure the police have asked everyone if they could come in and search their home and property and I believe they all obliged. If any denied entry with Jayme being missing the police would have probable cause to obtain a search warrant to search.

I think if anyone didnt want their home and property searched it would be to hide their own criminal activities such as using or selling or making illegal drugs and not their involvement in this case.

So imo LE has done a thorough sweep of all locals and are no further along in knowing who the suspect could possibly be.

When they have exhausted all avenues coming up with nothing cases like this eventually become cold cases. Unfortunately there are so many unsolved cases like this one.

I wish I believed that Jayme is being held against her will and will be saved but the odds are against it.

Yes Elizabeth Smart and a few others were found alive many months or many years later but Jayme's case is far different. All of those vile predators did not murder innocent victims before leaving with the child they took with them. That makes the chance for survival plummet for Jayme. She may never be found.

Its heartbreaking because we all want a good outcome for this sweet endearing child but I am realistic too as heart shattering as it is to be many times.

I would like nothing better than to wakeup one day and see Jayme has been found alive but I cant deny the sinking sad feelings I've had that this may never happen. I would love more than anything to be wrong!

I hope somehow...someway LE will find the evidence they desperately need to find out who did this to this good family.

Jim...Denise and Jayme all deserve to have justice served!!!!

I pray the families left behind will one day be able to sit in a courtroom and see harsh justice handed down against the monster who destroyed those they love and miss so dearly.

Jmoo

I think "confirm" not "realize" is more accurate here. It's a small town, even without family pictures and such I figure they knew very quickly that they needed to find Jayme.

LE needed to confirm Jayme wasn't in the house, on the property, away from home that night, etc. before putting out a nationwide BOLO.
Early on MSM reported LE stated that there had been no prior contact with this family & without familiarity, didn’t realize there was a minor missing immediately. No time to hunt for that link- sorry. I also thought it odd- family photos, etc. But with 2 bodies to deal with, and no other crimes of this magnitude in this area, the initial focus must have been on James & Denise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay