AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question --and this isn't off topic I swear--can you locate a person through a uploaded photo? Like on Facebook? I was reading about the correlation of voyeurism to serial killing and I uncovered the following. It stated that a perp could locate a victim through their pictures online. As in their GPS coordinates embedded in the photos. Is that true? How would that happen? TIA

Yes, take any photo and run it through an EXIF app and it will show date and coordinates. Example, Mapillary crowdsourcing user base road travel pictures

Just listening to Sheriff Fitzgerald's interview on Drydenwire again and he goes through his reasoning about calling Jamye a missing and endangered person. I'm not saying that the logs weren't wrong yada yada but he does say exactly what I've been yammering about for so long--that they had two deceased parents and a child's room and they woke the school cop up to ask if there was a kid who lived at this address...I DO remember seeing this information in the call log but here is another instance of this information so the possibility exists that I've been wrong. The Drydenwire interview may have been the source of the information that I thought had been on the call log.

I swear that I remember hearing something similar. That LE had to contact the school to determine if a child lived at the residence. I found this odd, since when the thief showed up at the house later, the arresting document states, "The defendant stated he walked in and immediately located a room off to the right that he believed belonged to Jayme Closs." Sounds like it was obvious that a child lived there.

So we have a thief in the night saying there were obvious signs of a room being a girl's room, but we have LE seemingly being unable to make that determination.

IMO only: What if panty thief was sent by the perp(s) who committed the crime, as a test to see if LE was watching the house...better a known criminal be caught that has a record of doing such things versus the perp who committed the crime..now the perp knows sneaking back into the home is not an option..again..IMO

New story. No new information but it is always possible law enforcement could decide to offer up something they have been holding back until now.

Jayme Closs relatives work to keep her disappearance a priority, investigators set to meet

In this article, it says they are putting up billboards on Highway 8 and others. I am so happy to hear this for the family's and Jayme's sake. I could not understand why they were not any. I don't know how it works and it is probably not LE's job nor should it be on the family, I just thought maybe some org or businesses could come together and help do this and I know people would donate as well. I love this news.

I live in a town where they do a lot of food manufacturing. The employees have to put in suggestions or let their supervisors know if someone is not being sanitary. Denise or Jim could have done this and got someone irate and fired or reprimanded. Do you think this plant does not want bad publicity so they are not letting investigators see this or keeping them from seeing this?? I could be totally wrong jennie o is a good product but stuff happens in work places! right?

I swear that I remember hearing something similar. That LE had to contact the school to determine if a child lived at the residence. I found this odd, since when the thief showed up at the house later, the arresting document states, "The defendant stated he walked in and immediately located a room off to the right that he believed belonged to Jayme Closs." Sounds like it was obvious that a child lived there.

So we have a thief in the night saying there were obvious signs of a room being a girl's room, but we have LE seemingly being unable to make that determination.

I figured at the time maybe it was simply because in this day and age, children often split time between homes of parents but still have a room at each? Yet these parents were the only parents of Jayme and had lived and worked in Barron for years, so one would think they would know or someone would they had a daughter who should be there. Hard to say. Confusing as is all of it. Maybe they had no records to pull as there was no prior law enforcement involvement to know who the family consisted of.

I live in a town where they do a lot of food manufacturing. The employees have to put in suggestions or let their supervisors know if someone is not being sanitary. Denise or Jim could have done this and got someone irate and fired or reprimanded. Do you think this plant does not want bad publicity so they are not letting investigators see this or keeping them from seeing this?? I could be totally wrong jennie o is a good product but stuff happens in work places! right?

I feel a work connection is just as likely as anything else. When one just goes with simple logic, it is where two of the victims spent a majority of their time each week and their years of life for that matter. In that respect, it may be more likely in some ways, it does relate to at least two of the three victims. And may even relate to the third.

Early on MSM reported LE stated that there had been no prior contact with this family & without familiarity, didn’t realize there was a minor missing immediately. No time to hunt for that link- sorry. I also thought it odd- family photos, etc. But with 2 bodies to deal with, and no other crimes of this magnitude in this area, the initial focus must have been on James & Denise.

Agree on initial focus. However:

01:30 officers onscene ask for search team.

Sheriff said drone and infrared used to search house and property. Drone asked for at 02:00:59.

Two girls in car asked to stop cruising area at 02:08 -- I'd hope they were asked why.

0400 ask for FBI

0515 initial alert for JLC

While there may have been no prior 911 calls to the Closs residence, it strains facts and common sense to imagine it took 2 hours for LE to have a V-8 moment and say "hey, there is a child missing here." Sure it probably took 30 minutes to secure the scene but they hit up the school system and family pretty quickly.

We may just be debating semantics here, though. I agree it's obvious that the first thoughts of the initial responders were not that this was also a child missing/abduction case.

Yes, take any photo and run it through an EXIF app and it will show date and coordinates. Example, Mapillary crowdsourcing user base road travel pictures

This is interesting. I have learned so much here from people with knowledge of different areas. This is also downright scary that you can get such info from a picture.

vi
My theory says it is possible that they ran to an ATV at the back edge of the property. They did not use the RR tracks. Google maps, satellite view, shows a wide mowed strip beside the RR tracks. It runs to the left all the way to a road then they could have turned north where some searches were conducted. The Google map page also shows vehicle tracks especially near the road end like it is used for off road vehicles. There appears to be enough room to leave a vehicle that a train would go by and never even know it was there.
Also we have no way of knowing if there was a path from the house to the back edge of their property, if so, they could have moved swiftly.

I have said this from the beginning. Who really knows, but this scenario could answer a few questions. I still think this is a very good possibility!

Sheriff said drone and infrared used to search house and property. Drone asked for at 02:00:59.

Two girls in car asked to stop cruising area at 02:08 -- I'd hope they were asked why.

0400 ask for FBI

While there may have been no prior 911 calls to the Closs residence, it strains facts and common sense to imagine it took 2 hours for LE to have a V-8 moment and say "hey, there is a child missing here." Sure it probably took 30 minutes to secure the scene but they hit up the school system and family pretty quickly.

We may just be debating semantics here, though. I agree it's obvious that the first thoughts of the initial responders were not that this was also a child missing/abduction case.

I agree with all of this. It may be because she was a teenager and because such things do not happen there, abductions, double murders, etc. but it was not exactly immediate that they put out an alert and made contact with those who may know. I look at it in reverse, if there was no former contact with this family then I would likely think she was missing because there is no reason to think she is a runaway, involved, etc. as LE had no former contact (or actually I think the words were they had never been called to the home) to think there were any problems. But who knows. Not knocking LE, and not sure how quickly a missing child is generally determined in any state or circumstance and an alarm raised--to be fair, it is not like someone saw her pushed into a car at gunpoint and reported it and the car where that may raise an immediate alert in a case like that one would hope. It probably even was quicker than it sounds when one considers the need to first probably approach slowly, clear the house, secure the scene, while simultaneously trying to determine what happened and calling for all of the extra areas of assistance... In fact, when considering all of that, the time of night and the day of the week, this may be impressively quick if one has nothing to compare it to. I will correct the *time of night* to *time of morning* before I get corrected lol. jmo.

From what we know, or don’t know really, it appears there are few if any clues.

It bothers me each time the Sheriff speaks and is adamant that Jayme is still alive. After this length of time, the odds are against it unless he has inside knowledge. Which is doubtful. If he is so sure she is alive, he would have to have good leads on this case,, and I don’t think he does.

0400 ask for FBI

WATCH: Sheriff Fitzgerald Discusses Jayme Closs Investigation on DrydenWire Live! | Recent News | DrydenWire

In this video, Sheriff Fitgerald says, around 55 minute mark, “we realized we had a missing kid 2 hours into the case”.

Ridiculous to rehash this. I was simply responding to someone’s idea that LE may have known Jayme was in the house due to her bed being still warm. While a great idea, I doubt her bed would still be warm in October in WI two hours later when they “realized” a teen was missing. No one is having V8 moments or lacking common sense. I’m just referencing the facts as presented by LE.

WATCH: Sheriff Fitzgerald Discusses Jayme Closs Investigation on DrydenWire Live! | Recent News | DrydenWire

In this video, Sheriff Fitgerald says, around 55 minute mark, “we realized we had a missing kid 2 hours into the case”.

Ridiculous to rehash this. I was simply responding to someone’s idea that LE may have known Jayme was in the house due to her bed being still warm. While a great idea, I doubt her bed would still be warm in October in WI two hours later when they “realized” a teen was missing. No one is having V8 moments or lacking common sense. I’m just referencing the facts as presented by LE.

Agree again. I woke up that morning and within minutes had seen the initial alert through a local connection who shared it pretty quickly as I recall. It was about 5:30 ish if memory serves. I do not have any idea how far the alert was put out or through what sources at that time.

I like your V8 moment remarks. I am going to have to remember that one. Right up there with the Magic 8 ball. I am unsure if my children would know what either of those are but I sure do :)

As always, hopefully LE has far more than the general public has and something will break soon.

From what we know, or don’t know really, it appears there are few if any clues.

It bothers me each time the Sheriff speaks and is adamant that Jayme is still alive. After this length of time, the odds are against it unless he has inside knowledge. Which is doubtful. If he is so sure she is alive, he would have to have good leads on this case,, and I don’t think he does.

I do understand what you are saying but it's what LE often does in many cases not just this one.

He will continue to say he believes Jayme is alive until he has evidence to prove otherwise.

I have seen others in LE continue to say this a long time after the victim went missing even a couple of years afterwards or more if the victim has not been found dead.

I do understand what you are saying but it's what LE often does in many cases not just this one.

He will continue to say he believes Jayme is alive until he has evidence to prove otherwise.

I have seen others in LE continue to say this a long time after the victim went missing even a couple of years afterwards or more if the victim has not been found dead.

To put a bit of a different twist on this, they always do say they believe they are alive or have hope they do until they know otherwise, almost any LE in any case do this, as you say. Right?

It is the hope she is alive I believe that gives and maintains the most urgency with this for most people, she may still HAVE a chance. It is why we get frustrated as every day that passes matters, etc. While people would still care even if they knew she was not alive, and we know the parents were murdered, the same sense of urgency would possibly not exist. What I mean is one could still hope for justice and worry a murderer is on the loose, and would still keep it alive here on the internet and in the town, etc., but one would know there is no saving the victims except to find justice for them. It is the hope she can possibly still be saved that fuels much of it imo. And keeps it alive.

For that reason, I figure LE in most cases would never say otherwise and would not for many reasons unless they know otherwise. I had trouble wording it in the way I mean it, I hope that makes sense to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member