AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is a random crime I find it odd LE would say there's no threat to the community or however they worded it.
jmo
well......there was another recent case in Iowa LE said the same thing......and they were wrong imo. I think what they mean is that they have nothing indicating there is someone out lurking to kill and kidnap others as in a serial killer. But common sense would dictate they can't positively know that unless they know more regarding the reasons for the crimes and/or who the perp is and are keeping an eye on him.

But at her age,she would have needed some type of ID to get on the plane.....she would have had chances to say something to the adults around her. I think she isn't in Miami,IMO
The child has to have some sort of ID to get on the plane. Anyway, what are they going to threaten her with at the airport? Her parents are already dead. The airport is no place to take an abducted child. Too many people. A child would be free to shout for help. You can't take a gun in the airport. Certainly, not through TSA.

The sheriff described the scene as a "home invasion" which means there is a point of entry . I find it interesting that there was no mention of "robbery." However, it may be too early to evaluate property. As a clinician, I suspect the 911 call was Jayme. IF the house was broken into , the parents would respond. Children don't run to danger. They hide. Like in fires. I suspect Jayme hid and made the call. This sounds like a random crime, IMO. The perp didnt know there was a child in the house. If Jayme wanted to meet an online friend , she could have simply stepped out the door. Just my opinion.
It really does sound like she may have been hiding as the call was nearly a full minute, and all they could hear was yelling and a disturbance in the background. Fitzgerald said the only word they could understand was "help" which makes me think she didn't want the perp to hear her, and maybe she said it quietly into the phone. Since the neighbor said the gunshots were around 12:30, she may have been hiding at the time of the shots, knowing someone was still there and the call ended when they found her. Jmo

Links to what? The facts that I stated are all out there. I'm just connecting dots.

- For instance, as the mother & father were both engaged with the perp, it is most likely that the 911 call came from someone else.
- The fact that the 911 caller did not speak to the operator suggests that the call came from someone who was being secretive, not in the presence of the perp.
- As the Operator heard the disturbance, its probable that the parents are still alive and the caller is elsewhere.

These are your opinions, not facts.

It's possible one parent was shot but was able to grab a phone and their last dying motions were dialing 911 where the operator heard what happened in the background as the person was dying and unable to speak.

It's also possible that the perpetrator walked in and ended the call, as the call was not made in secret.

I think the answer is either right there in Barron or on that poor child's computer. Maybe she be found safe.

RSBM. I think she’s still somewhere in Northwestern Wisconsin. It would be so, so easy to stay off the grid in the forests there. To what other people have said, there are many cabins in the area that one could easily hideaway in. Or, it would be very easy to get to International Falls via Highway 53; you could get there in about 4 hours, give or take. JMO.

Is there any major stores around such as Walmart or Target. Maybe law enforcement can check surveillance and see if anyone recently purchased a large amount of camping gear. Just a thought.
Well, good point, several missing people or criminals have been found on tape at walmart. Teacher that took student from tennessee is one incident.

Is there any major stores around such as Walmart or Target. Maybe law enforcement can check surveillance and see if anyone recently purchased a large amount of camping gear. Just a thought.
Well, good point, several missing people or criminals have been found on tape at walmart. Teacher that took student from tennessee is one incident.

I think the local SO angle is possible. That jail worries me, especially so close to the school, and especially with so many SOs. I bet she is still in the area.

I also hope they are not just looking at the possibility of “street” vehicles. I know people in the north woods and 4 wheelers are popular. You can haul deer on them; it would be nothing to toss a subdued small human on one and quickly get to a remote, secluded place.

I am also wondering if one victim had blunt force trauma. Might explain why LE was reluctant to say both victims were shot. Might also explain why only two shots were heard. moo.

If the gunshots were at 12:30 and the call at 1, I wonder if one of the parents didn’t die immediately after being shot and was somehow able to call 911, but was also incapable of speaking. And the commotion in the house was Jayme being assaulted/attacked. I hope not, because that sounds horrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member