AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://wxow.com/news/crime-2/2018/...ts/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_WXOW
Sheriff Fitzgerald said, often, someone will have knowledge about a crime and not even realize it. People who commit acts of violence may display changes in their behavior, including things like a change in routine, missing work or missing scheduled appointments or suddenly leave town. People may even alter their appearance. He is asking the public to report any suspicious behavior.

Sound familar, @otto

ETA:
Another press conference will be held at 4 p.m. Sheriff Fitzgerald said at that time, they may release the autopsy results for Jayme’s parents, James and Denise Closs.

WXOW will be streaming that press conference live on WXOW.com and the WXOW Facebook page.

Oh, I forgot to add a big Thank You to members for posting summaries from this morning's update!
crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif

Search Continues for Missing Wisconsin Teen, Investigation into Double Homicide Case Underway
The best friend of a missing Barron County, Wisconsin, girl said she's afraid for her friend's life as the search for her continues Tuesday morning.

"She would never run away," family friend Ashlea said. "She was really, like, not the type of person who would do that."

What makes Jayme's disappearance so puzzling for investigators is that police say they have never been called out to the Closs home before and Jayme had no known issues at middle school.
Yes -- At this time, knowing so little, it seems that she was taken either simply because she was there, or because he/they had seen her, knew where she lived, and planned an abduction.
But, seems to me if he/they were after just Jayme, he/they would have just kidnapped her by luring her, or by just taking her & throwing her in the backseat of a car, etc., even in daylight. Why take such a chance going into that house at night and really complicating things?

Why go into a house in the middle of the night just to kidnap a young girl? We may never know if a conversation took place there that night with her parents and the intruder(s) -- if Jayme survives, she may know what transpired, but OTOH, if she had heard a "scary conversation," seems to me she would have escaped through a window in her bedroom to go get help, or simply have hidden somewhere.
Another scenario might paint an entirely different situation. And again, we may never know.
I am still not ruling out that the intruder went to the wrong house.

Was she simply in the wrong place at the wrong time??

The family gathering that Sunday prior to the murders that very late evening is of interest. (very early next morning actually) There was school and work the next morning. Typically people would be in bed asleep at this hour on a Sunday night/ Monday morning. Was someone spending the night with them after the party? What put the killer there at that hour?

Last edited:
glass-png.151439

Blowing that picture up to about 500x it scares me.
Could those be bloody handprints? Like palms?
I gotta take a chill moment.
Mega bad thought and vibes. Could be the season we are in, with Halloween coming up. :(
I don't believe in cults doing stuff like this, don't get me wrong. I don't believe she is being trafficked either.
It just spooks me seriously.
Chi
I can't imagine any other reason for taking away an entire door. There must be prints at least, hopefully lots of evidence to give someone up.

Hello everyone. I've lurked on this site a few times but with this case being so close to home for me, I decided to join. I don't have anything exceptional to add to the conversation, but I do want to say I'm glad the FBI is involved. Barron County is not equipped to handle a case like this.

The family gathering that Sunday prior to the murders that very late evening. (very early next morning actually) There was school and work the next morning. Typically people would be in bed asleep at this hour on a Sunday night/ Monday morning. Was someone spending the night with them after the party? What put the killer there at that hour?
I was thinking similarly. Did someone come home from the gathering with them? Or if it was at their house, did someone stay? All hypothetical of course.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 12.17.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 12.17.20 PM.png
    639.7 KB · Views: 117
That got my attention as well. I'm curious whether the family gathering was at Jayme's home, or at another location. I'm also curious whether it was just the family, or whether friends also attended.
Again I ask (do we know) is anyone else in family or circle of friends, acquaintances, co-workers missing as well?

I am catching up as I was interrupted as the presser started. Confused by LE putting it out to look for changes in behavior (re perp)If perpetrator has resumed their normal routines then where the heck is Jayme???? Why risk taking her in the night with Parents home???? etc. etc.

Hello everyone. I've lurked on this site a few times but with this case being so close to home for me, I decided to join. I don't have anything exceptional to add to the conversation, but I do want to say I'm glad the FBI is involved. Barron County is not equipped to handle a case like this.
:) Welcome to Websleuths, Platform9! :)
Thank you for joining us, and we look forward to hearing what you have to add.​

I’ve seen a couple comments from people who are confused about LE saying there is no danger to the public. I think the reason for this is because they have some sort of information that leads them to believe that ONLY Jayme was specifically targeted therefore the perp wouldn’t be going for any other person since the perp was after Jayme only. I think this is a case of a sexual child predator. All signs are pointing to this. JMO

"reprocessing the crime scene" wonder what led to that? a tip or something they already discovered earlier from evidence taken and it led them to go back?

My thought was perhaps the FBI getting involved led to a second look. I don't know when the FBI came into the investigation but they may have resources that the local pd doesn't have. For example, they are now using dogs around the house and there was no mention of dogs being used before this. JMO.

A press conference was held at 11am.
  1. They're continuing to receive tips.
  2. 911 call was from a cell phone.
  3. Unknown if the word "help" was said, but there was some kind of disturbance going on in that house.
  4. FBI is assisting, providing support teams and staff.
  5. Residence is still being processed, working with state crime lab.
  6. Hoping to receive prelim autopsy reports and share more info at 4 pm.
  7. Jayme attended a family gathering on Sunday.
  8. Number one goal is to bring Jayme home.
  9. Following up on phones, social media, etc.
  10. At this time, they do not see a danger to the public.
  11. If you notice someone with a change of behavior, please report that.
  12. They will be releasing an updated photo on their FB page after the briefing.

Not to criticize LE, but they should NEVER state this, unless they have a suspect in mind and know that it is a personal situation and not some crazy monster running amok, looking for young teens. This isn't comforting words to me, as a parent, when they don't even know who the heck did this to her parents!

Welcome!
So glad the FBI is involved. Many of these cases happen in very small towns, like the recent murder of Mollie Tibbetts.
Chi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members