AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone at the end of thread #1 lamented their are no organized citizen searches. This is the last thing we need - more dead citizens; we already have two. This guy is dangerous and likely very unstable. He needs an expert hostage negotiator working with him. However, to aide discovery, I hope they are using infrared drones. Something similar to this:
The Thermal Advantage: Search and Rescue Drones with FLIR Infrared

Amateur opinion and speculation only

Here's something else that I thought of, that probably has nothing to do with this case. Where I live, fireworks are legal. Many times at night, fools set them off, and yes, late at night, early morning hours. I don't know much about the different kinds of fireworks, other than to tell you all that there is one kind that sounds just like a gun shot- it has a single boom to it. Another kind has about three booms to it with many colors going off. The single ones that are set off around here can be shot off anywhere, because we live on a lake, and the echo from it can be heard from a long distance- it can sound closer than it actually is. People set those off all year long around here, weeknights included. Many of my neighbors have been livid about this and have complained to the town about it, wanting a time restriction on them. Again, this probably has nothing to do with this case- I have no idea if Wisconsin allows fireworks or not, but I do know that people come up here from other states where they are illegal and buy them and use them at their homes for 4th of July and other gatherings.

From what I have learned about this case a 911 call was made from a cell phone in the house. Nobody answered, but there was a disturbance going on, one that was threatening enough to lead to a 911 call. I think its probably most likely that Jaymie made that call. So it is pretty clear that the perp or perps did not go there to abduct a girl, they were there because of the parents. This might suggest a few things. If Jaymie was in another room when this was happening, the perps may not have known she was there at all, maybe not familiar with the family unit. It also suggests that this wasn't an "open the door and shoot" situation. There definitely was a discussion. Possibly screams were heard after the gunshots and Jaymie was discovered. Knowing that 911 had been dialled, the perp wanted to get out asap, but didn't want to kill a child. I've seen this type of scenario before and the child was killed a short time later after the perp thought it out and realized there was no possible way out with the child still alive.
BBM
I'm trying to understand how you came to this conclusion. It doesn't seem clear at all to me. In fact, I see it quite the opposite - the perp was there to take Jayme, and that's what happened. There was definitely a discussion? o_O
MOO

Now that I got my 10 month old nephew down for his afternoon nap I can sit here and type a more in depth post as to why I believe this is a sexual predator kidnapping. I think some are looking too much into LE's comments when really this is all in front of our faces.

Typically in abductions in the middle of the night we see that the child is much younger in age like 1-11 years old and the perp just carries them out of the home without the parents hearing. We have seen this in so many missing child cases where the child is taken in the middle of the night. In Jayme's case because she is 13 years old it would be absolutely 100% impossible for the perp to just carry her sleeping body out to their vehicle to take her or abduct her during the day because a lot of things factor into it.

1. She's much heavier in weight at 13 years old.

2. Would be more apt to wake up and cause commotion in the home thus waking up her parents.

3. Would be very hard to do this during the day because of being seen by someone.

I believe this sexual predator broke into the home with the intention of taking Jayme but in order for them to successfully get her out of the home they would have had to do this in the middle of the night as well as take out her parents otherwise they would have no doubt had way more of a chance than getting caught.

LE's comments about not being a danger to the public is another indication that this is a sexual predator case IMO because this leads me to believe that the perps intentions was to take Jayme only and that she was only the targeted child around here. The comment could also indicate that they may have evidence to suggest that she was being watched. Maybe someone seen a strange vehicle around the house recently and pointed this out to LE so they're going off that?

About them coming out and saying that Jayme was seen at a family gather, I don't believe that this comment is anything other than LE telling the public when she was last seen. There needs to be some sort of time line out there so that the public has something to go off of in case someone may have seen something prior to her going missing.

Anyways this is all JMO!! Looking forward to the presser at 4PM!

I will note that she is wearing the same jacket in the photos on the Sheriff's page that she was wearing in the photo her cousin posted yesterday.

I knew they were using older photos. People out there are looking for someone that looks quite different than what has been shared about 1 million times across FB and published throughout the media nationwide.

Don't know why they did that when they had access to the photos yesterday - early.
Maybe it was the media using them and not LE? Just saying, many media folks use a FB or social media photo of a missing person when they're trying to get their story out quickly.

I do not believe the family gathering has anything to do with what happened around midnight. Every victim had lives where things are normal such as attending a movie or being with family or friends before such things like this happens.

Usually they wind up having no relevancy to what actually transpired and why.

It is heartbreaking to know the day seemed to have been normal and typical just like other families going about their lives as usual before the monster came to their door in the dark of night.

I refuse to speculate that someone may have had a grudge against these two parents. None of this was their fault. IMOO

I haven't read anything to lead me to believe this is true about these victims. I think Jayme's parents were good people. The police said they have never been called to their home not one time in the past.

I think they were a good upstanding law abiding family who loved their young daughter completely.

So I cannot nor will speculate out of thin air they were the targets instead of being targeted simply because they stood in the way of the murderer who came for their daughter. Its just the way I always am in any case where there aren't known facts to support them and even more so when the persons are the murder victims themselves. That's just how 'I' feel comfortable doing it though.

I dont think the police think this happened because of the two murdered victims either . I think they know who the specific target was and her parents were collateral damage because taking Jayme would have been impossible if they were alive to stop it.

Imo that is solely why these parents were murdered in cold blood and it has nothing to do with what they may have done then or in the past to anyone else.

They died because the killer knew they wouldn't willingly let the killer take Jayme.

There is no danger to the community now. They know Jayme was specifically taken and she and whoever this is who took her away are no longer in the community.

All just mhoo.
Gonna have to disagree with you. I think the reason LE is saying there is no danger to the public is that they have an idea what the perp was after. We do not know how long the 911 call was but police definitely may have heard enough to know something. If someone wanted Jaymie they could have just taken her. Its a rural area and I'm sure she was out alone quite often. Parents may have been involved in something shady, or maybe they just happened to have money. Maybe a revenge thing, a debt, retribution for an affair or bad breakup. Who knows at this point?

Marking my spot-
Why did I say I'd go to the movie with my mom?!?
Can't tear myself away!!
Which movie are you seeing ? :)
Just being nosy.

Also marking my spot, and disappointed to see she hasn't been found safe.

The family gathering is interesting.
Esp. that it was held on a Sun. night, which most people do not do --- as other posters pointed out ---since it's a school night.

Still getting a bit of Joseph Duncan vibes... but if LE maintains their view that the public isn't in any danger ; well , then.
But it absolutely astonishes me that LE would say that--- I'd be afraid at night if I lived in that area !!! :eek:

So LE might feel this is someone known to the family ?
How sad is that . A person the parents might have trusted and allowed into their home .

Florida is in horrible shape right now. They just had a hurricane and electric companies are still trying to get into the harder hit areas. Others have still not been allowed to even return to their homes. There is no way she/they made it to Miami in that amount of time (barely possible in optimal circumstances). Shame on Miami for distracting the investigation.

I totally agree, I don't believe the sighting is correct. FYI....all the major interstates here in Florida...ie I95, I75 and I10 are fine and running smoothly. The area with all the major damage is in the Panhandle.

I tend to agree with this. Once inside, something escalated, enough for someone to call 911 (JC hiding in her room? It was late and wasn't it a school night?). In short time, DC could have been shot first, then father could have possibly run to the front door to escape, but was shot before exiting (we don't now, I'm just speculating). Hence the louder second shot that was reported by a neighbor, and since the front door was found open by LE with a body there. Jmo
Then it's possible that Jayme fled outside to escape . . . If she made the 911 call, then police would've been able to trace the call back to her cell. Possibly they're not releasing this info in order to protect Jayme from the shooter(s).

It's possible she didn't survive and her body is in the general area outside (I know, not pleasant to think of).

Has it been released where the dad was shot on his body? Was he shot from the front or from behind? ie was he running from or running towards the shooter?

No. Autopsy reports are not complete yet. Based on this morning's presser I'm not sure if they will release them either. JMO.

In thinking about this case, if someone was to abduct a teenage girl who had just witnessed her parents being killed they would likely need to have a very secluded place to keep her until they were able to determine what to do next. One couldn't take a chance of her being loud and attracting attention. For anyone familiar with the area, are there any places that are secluded enough to pull off such a thing?
Also, I was looking at Google Maps of the area a bit ago and saw that the Superior National Forest is relatively close. That looks like a place where one might be able to hide out in the forest and not attract suspicion.
I would assume that these things are being looked at in some form or another, but just felt I should say something and see if it rang a bell.

In thinking about this case, if someone was to abduct a teenage girl who had just witnessed her parents being killed they would likely need to have a very secluded place to keep her until they were able to determine what to do next. One couldn't take a chance of her being loud and attracting attention. For anyone familiar with the area, are there any places that are secluded enough to pull off such a thing?
Also, I was looking at Google Maps of the area a bit ago and saw that the Superior National Forest is relatively close. That looks like a place where one might be able to hide out in the forest and not attract suspicion.
I would assume that these things are being looked at in some form or another, but just felt I should say something and see if it rang a bell.
A hunting cabin or home with a basement comes to mind. Or even just a house in a remote location.
MOO

LE let the public know there was a family gathering that Sunday. Why? Was it significant to the crimes?

it was in response to a question about when the last time they were seen alive. I think we might be putting to much emphasis on the gathering. The significance of it was only to say that as of Sunday afternoon they were alive and well.

Has anyone discussed how rural this area is? It is surrounded by forests and lakes and rivers.

Highway 53 will lead you up to Minnesota and then Canada to the north.

To the south, it joins with 94 which will bring you to Chicago. I have driven these highways many times and there are miles of nothing but woods.

There are seasonal lake homes and cabins in the area with people from all over including Minnesota and Chicago. Some of the lake homes may cost $1 mil.

Here's something else that I thought of, that probably has nothing to do with this case. Where I live, fireworks are legal. Many times at night, fools set them off, and yes, late at night, early morning hours. I don't know much about the different kinds of fireworks, other than to tell you all that there is one kind that sounds just like a gun shot- it has a single boom to it. Another kind has about three booms to it with many colors going off. The single ones that are set off around here can be shot off anywhere, because we live on a lake, and the echo from it can be heard from a long distance- it can sound closer than it actually is. People set those off all year long around here, weeknights included. Many of my neighbors have been livid about this and have complained to the town about it, wanting a time restriction on them. Again, this probably has nothing to do with this case- I have no idea if Wisconsin allows fireworks or not, but I do know that people come up here from other states where they are illegal and buy them and use them at their homes for 4th of July and other gatherings.

They are illegal, but that doesn't stop people in Wisconsin from using them. Especially in these areas.

It is cold. Forties daytime temp, Could be thirties night

Someone at the end of thread #1 lamented their are no organized citizen searches. This is the last thing we need - more dead citizens; we already have two. This guy is dangerous and likely very unstable. He needs an expert hostage negotiator working with him. However, to aide discovery, I hope they are using infrared drones. Something similar to this:
The Thermal Advantage: Search and Rescue Drones with FLIR Infrared
Amateur opinion and speculation only
Barron County deputies searched the area around the family's home with drones and infrared equipment, but they didn't find any clues as to her whereabouts. Fitzgerald said investigators are frustrated they haven't developed any leads and asked for the public's help with any information about what could have happened to the girl.
Deputies Search for Wisconsin Girl Whose Parents Are Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member