AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find odd about this being the place for the volunteers to show up is that there is not much parking for all the vehicles of people who do show up. Why not have the meet up at City Hall, or the Community Center or the Community Swimming Pool or one of the churches where there is parking?
Cameras? Although I would think City Hall (at least) would have cameras.

CNN.com - Transcripts
JS, CLOSS` NEIGHBOR: We had come home about 11:30. We went to bed about quarter after 12:00. We were not sleeping and we heard the first shot and just a couple seconds is the second shot. And I asked my husband, I said, were those gunshots? Because they were so loud? And he said, yes, and he said, it`s a big gun and I rolled over and looked at the time on my clock, and it said 12:38. My clock is off by seven minutes per the Sheriff`s department, so this happened roughly around 12:30.

BANFIELD: And you said you heard those two shots and by your best recollection, those shots were a couple of seconds, like two, three, four seconds in between?

JS: It was just bang and bang. That close together.

BANFIELD: Did you hear any other shots after that? Or was that it?

JS: That was all we heard. We have people that hunt in the woods around us, and we hear gunfire out here off and on, people like in a rifle, whatever, but this was so totally loud that it -- you couldn`t help, but have a feeling about it, because it was just so loud.

JS: It was a lot closer than usual, that we would hear something at that time of night.

Thanks, rainynights. I've been patiently waiting for CNN to update their transcripts. How is everyone interpreting this (bolded)? Do they have her phone or not?

BANFIELD: Ok. So often times when a young person goes missing, the digital trail is almost like a popcorn trail, which leads me to the question about Jamie`s social media. 13-year-old girls are almost always on their phones or on some form of social media, I`m guessing, and I think it`s a good guess. You have been blanketing that angle. Have you found any information from her social media? Is it possible she has a phone with her?

FITZGERALD: I do not know the answer to the second part of the question, if she had the phone with her. I can tell you that we are looking at the social media platform. Again, that is why our partners in the FBI are so key in this, because they have the experts for smaller agencies like mine in a county of 44,000 people.
I take it to mean that law enforcement did not recover Jayme's phone at the house nor anywhere else.

It is my opinion that the motivation was to take Jayme.

Otherwise, the perpetrator(s) would have killed her there.

My reasoning is because it was extremely risky to take Jayme out of the house and into the perpetrator's vehicle.

Criminals know that testing by law enforcement can determine fingerprint minutiae and DNA within a vehicle.

Even if Jayme's hands were tied, her fingers would still touch certain points in the upholstery or other areas of the vehicle. Her DNA would be found as well.

Because of the extreme risk of being caught and this vehicle ever being examined, I believe that Jayme was taken for a reason. There is a possibility that, depending on why she was taken, Jayme could still be alive.

It absolutely does happen, but more often than not, they don’t help in the search.
I think this is probably true. However, if this person is a member of the small community and a male especially (if it is a male), it might look odd if he doesn't volunteer to help in the search. Imo there would be a lot to weigh for the perp if a known member of the community.

Wouldn't it be great if she is lying injured in a nearby field because she tripped or something from being taken by perps and that could be the reason that they are doing a search. i know, hopeful wishing

CNN.com - Transcripts
JS, CLOSS` NEIGHBOR: We had come home about 11:30. We went to bed about quarter after 12:00. We were not sleeping and we heard the first shot and just a couple seconds is the second shot. And I asked my husband, I said, were those gunshots? Because they were so loud? And he said, yes, and he said, it`s a big gun and I rolled over and looked at the time on my clock, and it said 12:38. My clock is off by seven minutes per the Sheriff`s department, so this happened roughly around 12:30.

BANFIELD: And you said you heard those two shots and by your best recollection, those shots were a couple of seconds, like two, three, four seconds in between?

JS: It was just bang and bang. That close together.

BANFIELD: Did you hear any other shots after that? Or was that it?

JS: That was all we heard. We have people that hunt in the woods around us, and we hear gunfire out here off and on, people like in a rifle, whatever, but this was so totally loud that it -- you couldn`t help, but have a feeling about it, because it was just so loud.

JS: It was a lot closer than usual, that we would hear something at that time of night.

“We have people that hunt in the woods around us, and we hear gunfire out here off and on...”

Maybe he’s a hunter.

Couple photos for you from Hwy 8 & 16th Street in Barron. No law enforcement visible here now. A couple car dealerships & other businesses. Prolly 3 miles or so from #JaymeCloss family home. Sheriff has called for public search here at 2pm.

View attachment 151820 View attachment 151821

Paul Blume on Twitter
Doesn’t look like much growth / cover in that area. I’d think a handful of dogs and handlers could scour that better than 100 volunteers.

Thanks, rainynights. I've been patiently waiting for CNN to update their transcripts. How is everyone interpreting this (bolded)? Do they have her phone or not?

BANFIELD: Ok. So often times when a young person goes missing, the digital trail is almost like a popcorn trail, which leads me to the question about Jamie`s social media. 13-year-old girls are almost always on their phones or on some form of social media, I`m guessing, and I think it`s a good guess. You have been blanketing that angle. Have you found any information from her social media? Is it possible she has a phone with her?

FITZGERALD: I do not know the answer to the second part of the question, if she had the phone with her. I can tell you that we are looking at the social media platform. Again, that is why our partners in the FBI are so key in this, because they have the experts for smaller agencies like mine in a county of 44,000 people.

Huh. Not sure what to think anymore. I thought he did indicate that they are in possession of the phone that made the 911 call... so it was not made from JC's phone? Or they can't tell for some reason if it is her phone. I can't imagine that they would not know which phones belonged to which family members at this point. I could see him saying he doesn't want to answer that question but not that he doesn't know the answer. She either had a personal phone or she didn't. It's either in the house or it's not. Weird. jmo.

I think this is probably true. However, if this person is a member of the small community and a male especially (if it is a male), it might look odd if he doesn't volunteer to help in the search. Imo there would be a lot to weigh for the perp if a known member of the community.
I thought the same thing, but a 2pm search on a weekday with very little notice makes it hard for many people to participate - even if they are interested. I wonder why NOW and on short notice.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member