AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO— this was some sort of robbery gone wrong with drugs involved. I think the perp emptied his gun on mom and dad, didn’t know Jayme was there, found her on the phone, realized cops were called, and took her with because he felt he didn’t have time to kill her on site.

If he "emptied his gun" why did the neighbor only hear 2 shots?

I doubt it. I think the last thing he’d want to do is draw attention to himself. He’s lucky he was able to escape the scene in the first place, and hopefully, he still has Jayme.

He’s murdered two people so far, and right now everyone is searching for a faceless monster.

He’d probably like to keep it that way.
Some people are pretty brazen. If they’re able to do a crime like this, who’s to say they wouldn’t show up for a search? Although limiting the amount of people to search to 100 ppl may be a differant not to show. Imo

MOO— this was some sort of robbery gone wrong with drugs involved. I think the perp emptied his gun on mom and dad, didn’t know Jayme was there, found her on the phone, realized cops were called, and took her with because he felt he didn’t have time to kill her on site.
That could be the case!
MOO

Transcript from AB's show 10/17/18:
CNN.com - Transcripts
Thanks, rainynights. I've been patiently waiting for CNN to update their transcripts. How is everyone interpreting this (bolded)? Do they have her phone or not?

BANFIELD: Ok. So often times when a young person goes missing, the digital trail is almost like a popcorn trail, which leads me to the question about Jamie`s social media. 13-year-old girls are almost always on their phones or on some form of social media, I`m guessing, and I think it`s a good guess. You have been blanketing that angle. Have you found any information from her social media? Is it possible she has a phone with her?

FITZGERALD: I do not know the answer to the second part of the question, if she had the phone with her. I can tell you that we are looking at the social media platform. Again, that is why our partners in the FBI are so key in this, because they have the experts for smaller agencies like mine in a county of 44,000 people.

If it were a single perp, what would you guess his age range?

Why - if kidnapping Jayme were the reason - did he choose to do it this way?

Do you think Jayme is dead or alive?

If alive, still in-state, or out?

These questions are rolling around my addled brain. Help!

I
Thanks Jethro. Interesting that there are two ways to put the address in resulting in different Google pin drop locations. I was using 13 1/2 Ave based on the sign in front of their house seen in this photo:
5bc5f0f1dde8672ed577aaf1-750-563.jpg

Authorities are searching for a 13-year-old girl after her parents were found dead in the family's Wisconsin home
I was surprised by that too.

Some people are pretty brazen. If they’re able to do a crime like this, who’s to say they wouldn’t show up for a search? Although limiting the amount of people to search to 100 ppl may be a differant not to show. Imo
Perps have been known to show up at searches and vigils. I'm sure LE has someone with a camera videotaping the volunteer gathering today.

jmo

1. 18 plus (only because being an adult he could be not living with parents, guardians, therefore not "missing")
2. Met with resistance
3. idk
4. in state

Ok -- here's what I think happened.

I think Jayme was the target. We know that she attended the gathering with her mother and that her father was not there because he was at work. I think someone either knew that the father wasn't at the the family gather or some coworker or someone knew the father was working Sunday evening and thought the father would be out of the house and therefore an opportune moment.

Perp kicks in the front door and father goes out to confront the guy only to be shot immediately. Meanwhile someone in the house mother perhaps attempted to contact 911 but was intercepted by the perp and shot. Hence why she was located in a different part of the house. Perp grabs Jayme and leaves with her before police can arrive.

Welcome Wolfmack9. :)

Last edited:
Couple photos for you from Hwy 8 & 16th Street in Barron. No law enforcement visible here now. A couple car dealerships & other businesses. Prolly 3 miles or so from #JaymeCloss family home. Sheriff has called for public search here at 2pm.

View attachment 151820 View attachment 151821

Paul Blume on Twitter
What I find odd about this being the place for the volunteers to show up is that there is not much parking for all the vehicles of people who do show up. Why not have the meet up at City Hall, or the Community Center or the Community Swimming Pool or one of the churches where there is parking?

Ok -- here's what I think happened.

I think Jayme was the target. We know that she attended the gathering with her mother and that her father was not there because he was at work. I think someone either knew that the father wasn't at the the family gather or some coworker or someone knew the father was working Sunday evening and thought the father would be out of the house and therefore an opportune moment.

Perp kicks in the front door and father goes out to confront the guy only to be shot immediately. Meanwhile someone in the house mother perhaps attempted to contact 911 but was intercepted by the perp and shot. Hence why she was located in a different part of the house. Perp grabs Jayme and leaves with her before police can arrive.

Since James was found in the front entry area (at least this is what I have read from multiple sources), did the killer stand there for a moment and kick the door a few times? If the perp walked up and got in with one big kick, which I think would take some doing on any outside door with a bolt, how did James make it all the way to the front in time to be shot? If the perp broke in swiftly, it would follow that the parents would be somewhere other than the front door.

Perhaps the perp knocked and James recognized the perp, perp let's him answer and shoots him, wife a ways behind the husband listening from another room is quickly found and killed. Two quick shots, and the perp is inside and ready to take the girl. Who would James trust enough to see outside his front door at 12:30 Am that he would even open the door a crack? I might be cynical, but if you come knocking at my door at 12:30 I'm not gonna be very inviting. Maybe it's my isolationist American attitude, but I read too much of this *advertiser censored* to not have a bit of an unhealthy suspicion of people. You come to my door at 12:30 in the morning you better identify yourself.

As for age, my guess would be "adult" rather than a fellow teenager. That's as close as I can guess at this point.

I hold on to hope that she will be found soon and found alive.

jmo

CNN.com - Transcripts
BANFIELD: Has her social media shown that there may have been someone communicating with her, who may have shown up?

FITZGERALD: We`re exploring multiple theories on that, at this time I don`t know of any that have been reported to me, but again with, having 200 plus people on the ground, I have not been alerted to anything significant, we need to get out to the media. Again, I would not hamper the investigation to you know, answer your question or anybody`s question for that fact.

Press Release

October 18, 2018

Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald would like to thank the community for their continued support and all of the tips we have received in the case of missing & endangered 13 year old Jayme Closs of Barron, Wisconsin.

At this time, we are requesting the public’s assistance in conducting a routine search for articles of evidentiary value that may be related to the incident.

One hundred volunteers are needed and should report to the intersection of State Highway 8 and 16th Street at 2:00 p.m. in the City of Barron. Barron County officials will be there to greet you.

Volunteers need to present a valid form of photo identification and be able to walk on uneven terrain. Proper footwear (hard soled shoes) and clothing are required. Volunteers are asked to provide their own water.

Once we have 100 able-bodied volunteers, we will need to turn additional people away. Please continue to monitor our social media accounts, should we need additional volunteers in the future we will make those requests via social media.

Please do not call in we only need 100 people

Barron County Sheriff's Department

Noting to comment on this after Jayme is found.

What I find odd about this being the place for the volunteers to show up is that there is not much parking for all the vehicles of people who do show up. Why not have the meet up at City Hall, or the Community Center or the Community Swimming Pool or one of the churches where there is parking?
Those that are 100% determined won't mind the walk from parking spot to meeting place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member