AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like they got something big today too.
I hope so. But, I'm thinking of Lucas in Kansas - there were searches that seemed like they were targeted....but the searches were in the wrong area and it took a long time to find the little guy.

Hopeful for a quicker and BETTER outcome in this case.

jmo

I think that too many people are getting fixated on the concept of there only being two shots. I would think that even in the heat of the moment, that someone (drug riddled or not) would shoot twice just for one victim. The location and direction of the shot could likely hinder the sound.

I, of course, don't have any evidence to prove this.. But I think it will come out that there were more than just two shots fired. I would like to think that killing someone would not be so easy that they could shoot two people in different parts of the house (even mere feet away), with just two bullets.
I fell into the same trap a couple days ago, as two shots simply didn’t make sense to me.

A shotgun explains this though.

There still could have been more than two shots, but it wouldn’t have been necessary.

Doing it right away might have cause the suspect to panic or cause a destruction in evidence.

Unfortunately, when they ask people to search outside, it usually means that they think has passed.

I understand but still. The bad guys/gals have had almost 4 days now for the destruction of evidence. All they would have to do is listen to the radio, go on the internet, turn the TV on etc.. They know many people are trying to find out everything they can about the crime.

IMO this is a great way to make use of the public. I don't think the sheriff is expecting to find Jayme - that would be traumatic for a civilian - but the search may turn up something of value. I do wonder though if this is a generic search or if LE is specifically trying to locate something?

I agree but assume it will be a tightly controlled search. Any evidence found would need to be handled carefully under chain of custody, so there will likely be some stringent rules for this volunteering.

There were some serious crimes uncovered while investigating this crime and arrests were made. Then LE said they have 100% expectation that Jayme is alive. Now LE is asking for 100 volunteers to help find evidentiary value.
If this all goes together, I think someone is talking and we will have results soon.

Have we verified how long from the two gunshots to the 911 call again? Trying to sift through all of this information is a bit difficult.

The killer/killers shot James and Denise Closs, but was this the intention of the killer/kidnapper? If the perp just wanted Jayme, it seems like there would be better times to kidnap the child then at 12:30 in the morning in a house with her parents around. And this being a bit of a rural setting, if I were the perp, I would plan on the family having some kind of firearm for self-defense. That sounds like a lot to contend with, and James looked like a fairly thick guy who could possibly handle himself. He's at least big enough to be a threat. That's a lot to contend with if the perps main purpose was to abduct Jayme. Why not just follow her until she's alone? It's bound to happen. Or, if he's not a local, perhaps the town was too small to blend in long enough to stalk her without arousing suspicion? If it's a local, I imagine it's someone who worked near or around Jayme, or at least someone who would be within eye sight of Jayme long enough to build some kind of fantasy surrounding the girl. If it's over Jayme at all, the perp must have interacted or seen her very recently.

It's also confusing because it seems like a disorganized homicide. It's not well thought out to shoot two people and attract that amount of attention and noise to a crime. Even in a rural place, a gunshot sound can travel, and while most country people might find it somewhat benign, someone still might hear and make a courtesy call. Any attention is bad for the perp. He would want all the time he could get to take Jayme and transport her to wherever he planned to take her. So, why commit this seemingly disorganized murder, but have a seemingly organized plan on how to contend with law enforcement after the fact? That doesn't add up for me.

I guess one, he could've been caught in the act while entering the home? I don't understand how the perp thought he could make it to the girls room and take her out of there without making enough noise to wake anyone. She could be kicking and struggling horribly, this is bound to make noise.

Sorry, I just typed out this incoherent mess. It's a horrific but interesting case, I really hope the girl can be brought home safely.
Nothing incoherent at all. You had some great questions and thoughts. As I'm from a rural area, hearing gunshots at any given hour is not unusual due to varmints - opossums, snakes, wild hogs, etc. Deer during the day. Regarding organized plans, sometimes a part of a well thought out plan goes awry, while subsequent parts go well. Which could be why the house scene seemed disorganized; but the current portion (hiding, getting away) seems to be working. Thank you for posting; I enjoyed reading your thoughts.

There were some serious crimes uncovered while investigating this crime and arrests were made. Then LE said they have 100% expectation that Jayme is alive. Now LE is asking for 100 volunteers to help find evidentiary value.
If this all goes together, I think someone is talking and we will have results soon.
Does anyone know the nature of those crimes?

IMO this is a great way to make use of the public. I don't think the sheriff is expecting to find Jayme - that would be traumatic for a civilian - but the search may turn up something of value. I do wonder though if this is a generic search or if LE is specifically trying to locate something?
Imo they’re probably giving the antsy public something more to do. Many people are probably asking why the lack of civilian searches (as asked here). They are not going to send civilians into an area of interest without doing their own search first so as to not contaminate evidence, moo. etc. so I would guess this area has already been covered and cleared by LE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member