AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an excellent step. The perpetrator may have thrown evidence out of the car leaving the scene. The Yosemite killer purposefully threw victim's wallets along the highway in random places to try to throw off police.

Paul Blume on Twitter

Volunteers will be broken down into groups of 7. They will work with member of law enforcement to search the sides of roadway from Barron to Turtle Lake. This search expected to take 2-3 hours. #JaymeCloss

DEVELOPING: Authorities just told volunteers that this is a 14 mile long crime scene. From city of Barron all the way to Turtle Lake. #JaymeCloss

Maybe they do feel like they need more man power to search and are really utilizing the public and with an LE member with them they would be supervised so as to not compromise evidence.

14 miles is a large area of ground to thoroughly cover...something just still feels odd about his moo. I think they’ve already covered this area and are going back over it, nothing to lose at this point so to speak.

Anyone know anything about Turtle Lake? Is it in the direction of the party or work place or school or anything that we already know is connected to the family?? Or is it just a nearby town that now appears in the case??

jmo
U.S. Hwy 8 outside of the home goes east and west...east would have gone into Barron and into oncoming LE...it is more likely that the suspects headed west...if they threw a cellphone or gun out the window, it would likely be by the side of the road to the west.

U.S. Hwy 8 outside of the home goes east and west...east would have gone into Barron and into oncoming LE...it is more likely that the suspects headed west...if they threw a cellphone or gun out the window, it would likely be by the side of the road to the west.
Super helpful. Thank you. I can picture this.

jmo

Maybe they do feel like they need more man power to search and are really utilizing the public and with an LE member with them they would be supervised so as to not compromise evidence.

If they are looking for a wallet, a purse, bloody clothes, a fitbit, a phone, etc., they may be able to instruct searchers what to be on the lookout for and immediately call over LE and not touch the item.

Another Amber Alert for an IL/WI situation just went off on my phone and scared the heck out of me. This is the first time I’ve gotten an audible alert for some reason. They do get your attention.

“Thesaint” posted this last night and I just wanted to reply:
Yeah, the scenario doesn't comport with, say, an "anonymous" or previously unknown internet predator type. Wouldn't make a lick of sense to shoot up a house and commit a double-homicide to abduct a 13 year old. Predators usually look to abduct while the victims are in transit between home/school or lure their victims to a 3rd location.

The case this calls to mind is the Lauria Bible/Ashley Freeman case out of Oklahoma. i.e., the primary goal was to punish/shoot one or more of the adults and then the perp(s) abducted the girl(s) as an afterthought.

The other scenario we've seen in the past is the romeo and juliet star-crossed teen lovers situation; where the teens decide to take out the parents so they can be together.

I totally agree. My first guess is the “Murder the parents and then take the girl as an afterthought because it sounds fun at the time” scenario.

My distant second is the “Met somebody online and decided to kill the parents together” scenario. However, the screams for “help” in the background kind of negates that for me, unless by chance she had “talked big” online but didn’t really want to follow through. I really don’t think this happened, but I’m sure LE is ruling it out.

But I’m going with the idea that somebody was angry at the parents, killed them, and took the girl. But I don’t think they are holding the girl long term. I think it was just a nasty “extra” for the perp.

If they are looking for a wallet, a purse, bloody clothes, a fitbit, a phone, etc., they may be able to instruct searchers what to be on the lookout for and immediately call over LE and not touchthe item.

Could be indeed. I’ve just never seen civilians called to assist at an active “crime scene”.

Huh. Not sure what to think anymore. I thought he did indicate that they are in possession of the phone that made the 911 call... so it was not made from JC's phone? Or they can't tell for some reason if it is her phone. I can't imagine that they would not know which phones belonged to which family members at this point. I could see him saying he doesn't want to answer that question but not that he doesn't know the answer. She either had a personal phone or she didn't. It's either in the house or it's not. Weird. jmo.

He did say they have the phone that made the 911 call. Not saying who that phone belongs to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel