AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Amber Alert for an IL/WI situation just went off on my phone and scared the heck out of me. This is the first time I’ve gotten an audible alert for some reason. They do get your attention.

Me too! Trying to find out more on it...

It’s a baby taken during traffic stop when mom got out and guy didn’t.

Question that has probably been asked and answered (like so many in these threads) but... why didn't the neighbor who heard the shots call 911? Yes, lots of hunting there in that area but her own words seem to indicate this was different.
I guess if that happened around here I would think my neighbor is shooting at a coon getting in to his trash or a coyote after his chickens. A murder would sadly probably never cross my mind.

Maybe they do feel like they need more man power to search and are really utilizing the public and with an LE member with them they would be supervised so as to not compromise evidence.

14 miles is a large area of ground to thoroughly cover...something just still feels odd about his moo. I think they’ve already covered this area and are going back over it, nothing to lose at this point so to speak.
Perhaps camera footage of a vehicle of interest that stretches to that point?
MOO

Comments:

* He said the search area along is along a corridor "from the scene, to the scene." What's the other scene??

* He said the public wanted to be involved. Could this just be busy work to keep the public from bothering LE?

* I like the two pairs of eyeglasses on his hat....I do that too (and then I wonder where they are).

* What agency is he from? He said is his facilitating this search only - just helping the sheriff's office.

Good luck. I hope this is fruitful.

Thanks, rainynights. I've been patiently waiting for CNN to update their transcripts. How is everyone interpreting this (bolded)? Do they have her phone or not?

BANFIELD: Ok. So often times when a young person goes missing, the digital trail is almost like a popcorn trail, which leads me to the question about Jamie`s social media. 13-year-old girls are almost always on their phones or on some form of social media, I`m guessing, and I think it`s a good guess. You have been blanketing that angle. Have you found any information from her social media? Is it possible she has a phone with her?

FITZGERALD: I do not know the answer to the second part of the question, if she had the phone with her. I can tell you that we are looking at the social media platform. Again, that is why our partners in the FBI are so key in this, because they have the experts for smaller agencies like mine in a county of 44,000 people.

AB asked the Sheriff if it's possible JC has "a phone" with her, to which he responds that he doesn't know if she "had the phone with her," according to the transcript. After watching the show again just now (via DVR), I think it's possible he actually said he doesn't know "... if she has a phone with her." Thinking the transcript may be off on that one, IMO, which is important because I interpret having "a phone" to mean "any phone" (e.g., her phone, or someone else's).

And considering the below...

Also from the AB show transcript, regarding the cell used for the 911 call, bbm:
FITZGERALD: Well, I can tell you, we have the cell phone. We know whose cell phone it is. It came from inside the house. The call came from inside the house. No one was on the line, and I called that call different in nature or odd, because when a 911 call is taken. 911 what`s your emergency. And somebody says I need help at whatever address. There was no address given, there was no somebody asking, or giving a specific instructions or reasons of what`s going on. We just heard what we believed to be a commotion.
CNN.com - Transcripts

... I interpret this to mean one of two things:
a) if LE has JC's phone, perhaps he wasn't ruling out the possibility that she could have a *different* phone on her. Hence not knowing the answer to AB's question of whether or not she could have a phone on her
b) if LE doesn't have JC's phone, I interpret his answer to mean that it's possible that she could have her phone on her. But perhaps it could be dead due to battery; either that, or the phone could be missing in some field somewhere. Jmo.

AB asked the Sheriff if it's possible JC has "a phone" with her, to which he responds that he doesn't know if she "had the phone with her," according to the transcript. After watching the show again just now (via DVR), I think it's possible he actually said he doesn't know "... if she has a phone with her." Thinking the transcript may be off on that one, IMO, which is important because I interpret having "a phone" to mean "any phone" (e.g., her phone, or someone else's).

And considering the below...

Also from the AB show transcript, regarding the cell used for the 911 call, bbm:
FITZGERALD: Well, I can tell you, we have the cell phone. We know whose cell phone it is. It came from inside the house. The call came from inside the house. No one was on the line, and I called that call different in nature or odd, because when a 911 call is taken. 911 what`s your emergency. And somebody says I need help at whatever address. There was no address given, there was no somebody asking, or giving a specific instructions or reasons of what`s going on. We just heard what we believed to be a commotion.
CNN.com - Transcripts

... I interpret this to mean one of two things:
a) if LE has JC's phone, perhaps he wasn't ruling out the possibility that she could have a *different* phone on her. Hence not knowing the answer to AB's question of whether or not she could have a phone on her
b) if LE doesn't have JC's phone, I interpret his answer to mean that it's possible that she could have her phone on her. But perhaps it could be dead due to battery; either that, or the phone could be missing in some field somewhere. Jmo.
Same quandry I'm having. Thanks for laying that out for us.
MOO

This IS odd. Usually the family is advised to speak to the media/public. So many weird things about this case and do LE have Jayme's cell or not? Conflicting.
Often, the exact opposite: Family is told not to say anything at all publicly or in social media. Every investigation differs, for reasons we are not privy to.

They don't mean crime scene as in where a violent crime occurred but rather as supplemental crime scene where evidence may have been discarded. If they find a gun on the side of the road they are going to quickly rope it off and not let civilian volunteers stand there and process the scene.

One thought is they may have surveillance and they are confident the perpetrator went this way so his "getaway route" is a ripe place to find evidence that may be discarded. I would not consider it a crime scene like the house - they certainly would not allow civilian searchers to help comb through the Closs house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel