AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Often, the exact opposite: Family is told not to say anything at all publicly or in social media. Every investigation differs, for reasons we are not privy to.

Every interview I have ever sat through with local, state, and federal agents has ended with a request that the interviewee not discuss the interview or what was discussed with anyone else except for the person's attorney. They specifically ask you not to comment to the press and stress that any information that is disclosed can hinder the investigation and possible prosecution of a crime.

Searchers are always asked to not discuss the search with anyone else, particularly media outlets, lest they unknowingly interfere with the investigation.

AB asked the Sheriff if it's possible JC has "a phone" with her, to which he responds that he doesn't know if she "had the phone with her," according to the transcript. After watching the show again just now (via DVR), I think it's possible he actually said he doesn't know "... if she has a phone with her." Thinking the transcript may be off on that one, IMO, which is important because I interpret having "a phone" to mean "any phone" (e.g., her phone, or someone else's).

And considering the below...

Also from the AB show transcript, regarding the cell used for the 911 call, bbm:
FITZGERALD: Well, I can tell you, we have the cell phone. We know whose cell phone it is. It came from inside the house. The call came from inside the house. No one was on the line, and I called that call different in nature or odd, because when a 911 call is taken. 911 what`s your emergency. And somebody says I need help at whatever address. There was no address given, there was no somebody asking, or giving a specific instructions or reasons of what`s going on. We just heard what we believed to be a commotion.
CNN.com - Transcripts

... I interpret this to mean one of two things:
a) if LE has JC's phone, perhaps he wasn't ruling out the possibility that she could have a *different* phone on her. Hence not knowing the answer to AB's question of whether or not she could have a phone on her
b) if LE doesn't have JC's phone, I interpret his answer to mean that it's possible that she could have her phone on her. But perhaps it could be dead due to battery; either that, or the phone could be missing in some field somewhere. Jmo.
Okay, I'm old-school and still have a landline. I know if I call 911 and don't say anything, LE will be able to locate my address.

If Jayme (or other person) called on a cell phone, how did LE arrive withing 4 minutes? Can they tell that fast from a cellphone what the location is??

Or, did the call come from a landline?

jmo

Searchers will start in front of the Closs home and split into two groups: everyday citizens who will look for clues while walking west, and members of law enforcement doing the same heading east from the house.
First, 100 doesn't divide evenly into either 6 or 7...assuming some groups have one more. Also, why wouldn't a LE officer be with the volunteers to protect them and any possible evidence?

The thing is he must have some facts to support his expectation. What this tells me is that he believes that Jayme is with someone that cares about her, not some random psychopath or sexual predator.

No this is standard cop talk its at least partly out of respect for the family, and partly because it keeps urgency in the public to notice things and call in tips. They always say they think the missing are still alive and that they expect to find them alive until they have evidence otherwise.

Okay, I'm old-school and still have a landline. I know if I call 911 and don't say anything, LE will be able to locate my address.

If Jayme (or other person) called on a cell phone, how did LE arrive withing 4 minutes? Can they tell that fast from a cellphone what the location is??

Or, did the call come from a landline?

jmo
Enhanced 911.
LE has stated it came from a cell phone.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member