AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several mentioned throughout earlier posts. Shasta Groene, Hannah A., possibly the Shorts in VA, right off the top of my head.

I don't know the stats. I hope someone can come up with that. I am on my way out with no time to look into it.
There was one in MS similar where two parents were gunned down at home, children stuffed alive in a trunk and killed elsewhere. It was a relative jealous over an inheritance. The relative was a veterinarian.

Inexperienced, panicking, perps
Even Shayanna Jenkins took the box of incriminating stuff to a random dumpster she later ‘forgot’ where. No talk of this case though, or we’ll get in trouble! Tossing stuff to the side of the road seems so 70s.

Does anyone think LE did this to purposely throw perp(s) off? The publicly asking for civilians to help in a search seems odd to me. Has anyone seen that before?
Yes. This type of thing (civilian searchers) happens all the time, especially when manpower may be in relatively short supply.

Last edited:
This is surprising to me, too - especially because I thought they appeared to be an employee-centered company - I'm disappointed in them.

I think I'll have a Butterball turkey for Thanksgiving....
Rewards are often a way to keep the story in the news. This story is in the news. I honestly don't think rewards bring in new tips....but, rather, keep up interest in the case.

Justmyhumbleopinon

Even Shayanna Jenkins took the box of incriminating stuff to a random dumpster she later ‘forgot’ where. No talk of this case though, or we’ll get in trouble! Tossing stuff to the side of the road seems so 70s.

There are many cases where perpetrators have tossed things out of the car window to "trick" LE but the recovered evidence ends up as useful evidence anyway. These guys always seem to think they're smarter than everyone else in the room and they rarely are.

I don't know how these monster's minds work.
But maybe, just MAYBE the person/s who killed JC's parents didn't kill her because they could not bring themselves to kill an innocent little girl.
I doubt it. I think it’s more likely that he didn’t kill her because she was his motivation all along.

What I find peculiar is that, according to news articles, the immediate area around the home was searched with drones and infra-red cameras and nothing was found. But now, mysteriously, the search area has extended to a 14 mile radius ? To me, that suggests that LE is looking at a pattern of familiarity for someone specific. Just a gut feeling, though.

I can't quote from last night's closed thread, but here was my post:

Ok, so I finally have something real to contribute on this 911 cell thing, thanks to my county sheriff's department. I could not figure out how to enable ES on my phone and I was kind of stressing about the possibility that if I called 911 and couldn't speak, they wouldn't be able to find me immediately. I live in rural IL (Andy Griffith stuff here). I finally just called the sheriff's department to ask if I needed to download an app or something, or if they could find me quickly.

She told me they should be able to find me immediately. Then she asked if I wanted to test it and told me to call 911. So I did. She answered and had my location down within seconds.

I now have no questions about how the police arrived within 4 minutes of the call. The cops would have been at my house by now, before I finished this message because they have the technology, and let's face it, they don't have much more important things to do in a rural community.
Awesome!

I'm thinking this person/s ran out of ammo and couldn't leave the child there because she could ID him.
Once 911 was reached, he/they grabbed her and drove off.

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member