AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Monday as I was watching the News about 6 a.m. KSTP was sending a crew to Barron to cover the shooting. It wasn't known who was shot or Jayme was missing at that time. They stated that it was a horrific crime scene & any LE would have to have extensive counseling from such a horrendous murder.

Sigh.... a family can't be safe in their own home anymore.

People haven’t been safe for a long time I’m afraid, jmo. Abductions and Home invasion murders have been occurring for a long time.

Now is good time to update your home security if you haven’t already, moo. No place is safe anymore and people need to protect themselves and their families. There are just too many many nutjob running around. As I’ve said in other cases, the days of keeping your doors unlocked are way gone. Moo.

Last edited:
It could be that the suspects covered her mouth from behind and they hung up the phone.

That makes sense, yes. But if LE arrived 4 minutes after either the beginning of the call or the end and the call only lasted 45 seconds, I think I read, it’s surprising there was no sign of anyone around. They must have left very quickly and quietly.

Whoa... that could be relevant to the situation.

The original post being replied to was that of someone who had the wrong house come up on google when searching.

Interesting. With all of the talk about the meth angle but not really seeing connection as of yet with this family, could this be a case of the perp invading the wrong house? Interesting angle. I'm also factoring in other illegal activities that LE have dealt with nearby in the last 24 hours. If that is the case, then all bets are off as far as trying to make sense of the behaviors. I haven't fully thought it through as I type, so feel free to add on as we go.

This reminds me, that the killer could have pulled up a floor plan.
If the perp is local, I think he could guess at the floor plan. To me, this looks like a very typical house - the houses like this are mostly the same, with a few minor variations.

JMO (I haven't lived in the general area for a long time.)

The neighbor said the shots were in quick succession. This doesn’t necessarily mean that both of them answered the door though.

It’s a small house, he would have located the wife within seconds. She may have shadowed her husband to the door, and made things even easier for the killer.

I think that too many people are getting fixated on the concept of there only being two shots. I would think that even in the heat of the moment, that someone (drug riddled or not) would shoot twice just for one victim. The location and direction of the shot could likely hinder the sound.

I, of course, don't have any evidence to prove this.. But I think it will come out that there were more than just two shots fired. I would like to think that killing someone would not be so easy that they could shoot two people in different parts of the house (even mere feet away), with just two bullets.

Gosh I agree! And, any PC forensics should have led them to someone by now.
I am extremely worried that she is lying somewhere near her home, and I feel so awful for her family and friends.
I do not like her photo being on the company website page.
and I hope that all fired employees are under scrutiny.

“I am extremely worried that she is lying somewhere near her home,”

This is a possibility that can not be excluded, imo. Especially if the parents were the target and he took Jamie as insurance/hostage to ensure a clean getaway.

I get the sense that this was a chaotic and not very well planned crime. To me, it feels like an out of control person on drugs. And if drugs are involved, then all reason and “does this make sense” goes out the window. As for why not use the gun on this poor little girl, that’s what I mean— he maybe didn’t know she was there, and didn’t have his gun loaded, or he had emptied the gun on the parents and was out of bullets— who knows.

A lot of shotguns (I’m going out on a limb and guessing shotgun, since neighbor described a “big” sounding gun) don’t hold many bullets. They commonly hold only 3 bullets. If the perp was panicked and wanted to get out of there, it may have seemed faster to just throw her in the car and speed off, rather than mess with killing her knowing the police were on the way.
gotcha, imo I doubt a drugged up addict can be this clean in what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho