AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The documented odds of a child being taken, and being found alive, are awful.
A child whose parents were murdered to get to the child?
Are worse.
I so wish that there were no monsters in this world of ours.
But there are.
Absolutely terrible monsters. Who need to be locked away from everyone.
I am hoping for a good outcome, but, really fearing the worst.

Apologies if already posted.

Jayme Closs added to FBI's top missing persons list

"Jayme Closs, the 13-year-old girl whose parents were found slain in their Barron, Wisconsin home Monday morning, is now listed as one of the FBI’s top kidnapping and missing persons cases."

FOX 9 on Twitter

Dp1qIo8U4AAU68q.jpg

It would be by mine too, but I was asking because LE used that wording and they have been exposed to far more than the average person imo.
Yeah. But probably not scenes like that in their town.

If this was some major police department in a big city, those words would mean more.

I feel so bad for the poor neighbor, I wish the media would leave her alone. In your linked article she says the second shot was muffled but in earlier interviews she said the second shot was louder.

October 15:

Amber Alert: Teen missing, parents found dead in Wisconsin home
It could be errors by the reporters or possibly the lady is worn out from too many interviews.

I see Jerrod already pointed this out while I was typing my post - I'm sooo slow, sorry.
Interesting. I had wondered if it could be a situation where due to all of the interviews and intense situation, maybe she was remembering things more clearly as she told the story over the last few days, but now I’m just not sure. It would be helpful to have more direct quotes from her husband on what exactly he heard.

JMO: A responding officer who walks into a crime scene is unlikely to say to report that there are multiple spent rounds if there is one man down with one bullet wound (or two). He also says “spent rounds,” which implies he saw casings vs estimating the number of shots from evidence such as wounds to the victim(s) and other damage.

If the reporting is accurate, the officer likely called the initial report upon finding the father, before locating the mother (and ultimately determining that Jayme was missing). The timing also indicates that the reporting officer was not using the term “multiple” to mean “any number more than one, including two.” Although that definition is accurate in a grammatical sense, it doesn’t fit contextually.

I believe the ‘multiple spent rounds’ indicates more shots were fired than the two reported by the neighbors. MOO.

Good thinking. More shots could have been fired before the neighbors came home.

Could a dispute have started at Jennie-O and then followed James home? Have we ever gotten a confirmation on what time he left work? I am hoping that it was random (or even the wrong address) but it seems like an emotional attack. If Jayme was the end goal, that means one scenario but if it was anything else it is hard to understand why she was even taken.

I was thinking just in training alone.
Training is no substitute for the real thing. It teaches you tactics, and how to react, but you don’t feel the same emotions as you do in real life.

These guys have seen fatalities from car accidents and suicides, but a bloody murder scene would still be seen as “horrific” in their eyes.

I believe a high powered rifle sounds like a cracking noise and a shotgun sounds like a large boom. Don't know why, I've thought all along it was a shotgun. IMO Dad was shot in the doorway, followed by Mom in the bedroom. Mom may have been dialing 911 when shot. Only my opinion, but who really knows.
For what it’s worth, I’m well trained and familiar with identifying gunshots by sound. I also feel from the neighbors description that the shots described were likely shotgun blasts. Since the sound is directional and affected by any obstructions, the difference she desribes between the the two shots is almost certainly the result of a change in position and/or direction between the two shots.

For an incredible demonstration of this, find footage with audio from the Vegas mass shooting last year. Every burst sounds like a different weapon, but it’s almost entirely changes of position and direction.

Could a dispute have started at Jennie-O and then followed James home? Have we ever gotten a confirmation on what time he left work? I am hoping that it was random (or even the wrong address) but it seems like an emotional attack. If Jayme was the end goal, that means one scenario but if it was anything else it is hard to understand why she was even taken.

This occurred to me as well.

I think Mom crawled to her purse or bedside table leaving a trail of smeared blood and got her cellphone. This would definitely be a horrific sight like LE stated.

This, while a bit gruesome, is the only scenario that makes sense to me -- not saying I'm right. I think Jayme was gone with whoever right after those gunshots. I think that 911 call was a last-ditch effort on a parents part.

I don't think the killer would wait around the house twenty minutes after shooting them. And I don't think someone can completely disappear in the four minutes between the call and the police.

This is such a crazy story .

JMO: A responding officer who walks into a crime scene is unlikely to say to report that there are multiple spent rounds if there is one man down with one bullet wound (or two). He also says “spent rounds,” which implies he saw casings vs estimating the number of shots from evidence such as wounds to the victim(s) and other damage.

If the reporting is accurate, the officer likely called the initial report upon finding the father, before locating the mother (and ultimately determining that Jayme was missing). The timing also indicates that the reporting officer was not using the term “multiple” to mean “any number more than one, including two.” Although that definition is accurate in a grammatical sense, it doesn’t fit contextually.

I believe the ‘multiple spent rounds’ indicates more shots were fired than the two reported by the neighbors. MOO.
I agree that the reporting officer called in the crime immediately upon finding the dad shot dead in the doorway, not yet finding the mom, or discovering that Jayme is missing.

In addition, 'multiple spent rounds' would indeed cause a horrific crime scene, as characterized by LE.

jmo

For what it’s worth, I’m well trained and familiar with identifying gunshots by sound. I also feel from the neighbors description that the shots described were likely shotgun blasts. Since the sound is directional and affected by any obstructions, the difference she desribes between the the two shots is almost certainly the result of a change in position and/or direction between the two shots.

For an incredible demonstration of this, find footage with audio from the Vegas mass shooting last year. Every burst sounds like a different weapon, but it’s almost entirely changes of position and direction.
LE stated that they picked up multiple bullet casings. Shotguns don't use bullets.

Training is no substitute for the real thing. It teaches you tactics, and how to react, but you don’t feel the same emotions as you do in real life.

These guys have seen fatalities from car accidents and suicides, but a bloody murder scene would still be seen as “horrific” in their eyes.

Dear MassGuy,

I agree. Seeing someone who has been shot close range in their home would be a drastically different experience than seeing a hunter who was accidentally shot and killed from a distance.

Both horrible and tragic yet different.

Unless either of the parents died in the slim window of 4 minutes it took LE to get there after the 911 call, IMO it was Jayme or the perp who made the call.
Or it was noticed by the killer(s) that the phone had an active call/could hear the 911 operator speaking and the killer(s) hung up the phone and finished off the person that called 911.

This, while a bit gruesome, is the only scenario that makes sense to me -- not saying I'm right. I think Jayme was gone with whoever right after those gunshots. I think that 911 call was a last-ditch effort on a parents part.

I don't think the killer would wait around the house twenty minutes after shooting them. And I don't think someone can completely disappear in the four minutes between the call and the police.

But LE has stated they think Jayme was there at the time of the 911 call.

Also, she would have had to have died in the 4 minutes it took LE to get there and be dead enough that she wasn’t even taken to a hospital. MOO it was Jayme or perp who called.

And that horrific scene is what Jayme witnessed, as far as we know. Breaks my heart to think of what she has been through.

Where are you, Jayme?

jmo

You're right. The killer didn't hang around the house for nearly half and hour after shooting the mom and dad with a "big gun" which he or she knew the neighbors could hear. Mom made a heroic effort and somehow got to her cellphone. The yelling heard in the background wasn't yelling. It was mom's respiratory stridor (high pitched wheezing sound made when there is an obstruction in a person's airway--blood and vomit can be an obstruction in the airway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee