AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People buy and have scanners in their homes. If you have a scanner and live in range of the radios the scanner will pick it up and you will hear whatever is going on.

What I think you are talking about is something like Broadcastify where feeds exist only where someone who has a scanner feeds that radio traffic out over the internet. There could be hundreds of people in the area with scanners but none of them are feeding the radio traffic over the internet.

True - I forget people still use actual scanners like the bearcat. LOL

Maybe someone was yelling “don’t” or “stop” and dispatch thought someone had a weapon to use against his or her self?

No. That would’ve been revealed in the stories about the 911 call, no? Unless one shot was heard on the call.

This would’ve been classified as a priority 1 call for police here. Multiple squads sent, based off of no shot being heard. If you add the shot fired, it still would’ve been a priority 1 and the whole Calvary would’ve went.

Next time we hear an Amber Alert can't be issued without suspect and vehicle ID, there are going to be a lot of us screaming - Yes You Can!!!

MOO

That's exactly why it took so long to get issued! The whole system was set up to avoid alerts when there isn't a detailed description of the abduction attempt. If there's an Amber alert every day, no one will take it seriously when it happens.

There are two men on the inmate roster who were arrested on 10/17 and don't have a charge listed. For privacy reasons I won't list their full names, but initials are MAC and DJP. <modsnip - rumor>

Last edited by a moderator:
No. That would’ve been revealed in the stories about the 911 call, no? Unless one shot was heard on the call.

This would’ve been classified as a priority 1 call for police here. Multiple squads sent, based off of no shot being heard. If you add the shot fired, it still would’ve been a priority 1 and the whole Calvary would’ve went.

Per the dispatch log posted in the link it was a Priority 1 call.

Wow you are correct. That tooootally slipped my mind til you mentioned it.

This is also disturbing. Disturbing in the sense that they’re not going to get “credible” tips without a reward offered.

This leads me to believe they know she’s alive. But they won’t find her until they start offering $$.

That's exactly why it took so long to get issued! The whole system was set up to avoid alerts when there isn't a detailed description of the abduction attempt. If there's an Amber alert every day, no one will take it seriously when it happens.

Understood. I'd never want to see it abused (17 year old runaways are not what should be issued), but I'm curious. Has anyone seen a AA issued before without at least a vehicle or suspect description? It is a first for me. moo

Great find. So per the police report , Dad opened the door.That means no damage to the door . They shot him as soon as he opened the door? So is it likely he knew who was at the doo?
MOm and Jayme would hve to hide.
That is not a “police report”, it’s a dispatch log. It’s a record of what the first officers on the scene were seeing. When one says dad answered the door that’s only his initial assessment of what he sees at the time. That may or may not be what actually happened, but based on what he sees that’s what he thinks it looks like.

Question for our psychologists, etc here, hope I can word my thoughts clearly:

What kind of immediate specific psychological responses would Jayme be experiencing had she witnessed her parents murders and/ or seen them dying/dead. I’m asking this in regards to immediate effects of PTSD on a child and what her specific current mental state might be after such shock and trauma (would there be detachment, etc...). Sorry having a hard time explaining my question, I hope you get the gist. I’m basically asking what we could expect from Jayme mentally right now while possibly being in captivity after witnessing the death of her parents. Of course fear etc but some specifically how does a child react to such trauma? I’m sure it’s different in every situation?

And how might these traumatic effects affect her ability to stay strong and sharp under captivity?

At her age, that is, almost grown as far as mental abilities go, her reaction, in the absence of any underlying issue we don't know about, would be about the same as any of us who have never lost a parent to a violent death having it play out in front of us.

Shock, horror, intense fear, denial, possibly the spontaneous somatic reactions of vomiting, syncope ( fainting) and crying.

I think you are asking about the likelihood of her being in a fugue state. This is commonly known as dissociation from a traumatic event.
She could, of course, but it's extremely rare for a person to use the innate defense mechanism of dissociation.
Usually, we see this when the person themselves are dying. It's believed to be tied to neurological changes during the process of being mortally wounded and " watching from a distance".

Because there was at least one intruder in her house and the bodies of her parents, the father being just inside the front door, I'd say utter terror would be the level of fear present and it may never have gone away one tiny bit.

No, she didn't have PTSD at that time nor now, with the hope that she's still alive. PTSD is, by definition, the lingering after effects of emotionally altering or life changing trauma. It does not develop at the time of the trauma, but is diagnosed using specific criteria after a period of time, as we all need time to process shock, horror, grief, fear.

Interesting and thoughtful question. Thanks for asking.

Again, this log shows at 1:05/1:06 that man down was man that answered door to officers and at 1:19 both men down were unresponsive. So father could have also made the 911 call. Am I reading the log right?
Again, man did not answer the door to officers. This log is a dispatch and not correct/final report. See below for the facts.
MAN DID NOT ANSWER DOOR FOR POLICE
[snip]
Sheriff Fitzgerald says a 911 call came in around 1A.M. The call came from a cell phone inside the residence but it’s not known who made the call. “We could hear yelling in the background on this 911 call, not much information," said Fitzgerald.
He says the call lasted less than a minute and the only word that can be understood is “help”.

"Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home. BBM
[snip]

UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders

Last edited:
They would have to rule out that she was not at a family member or friends' house. Without someone like a parent to report her missing they needed to confirm with someone that she was supposed to be home and was not home when they arrived.

It took additional time and guidance from FBI to issue the Amber alert. Note the FBI was called 30 minutes after declaring that JC was in fact missing.
Ah, yes, that makes sense.

This is also disturbing. Disturbing in the sense that they’re not going to get “credible” tips without a reward offered.

This leads me to believe they know she’s alive. But they won’t find her until they start offering $$.
That’s why all of a sudden I thought... hey... what is the reward up to?
Oh there is no reward yet.... WHY??
THAT makes zero sense to me?!?!?!

Understood. I'd never want to see it abused (17 year old runaways are not what should be issued), but I'm curious. Has anyone seen a AA issued before without at least a vehicle or suspect description? It is a first for me. moo
No - and we all thought it was odd when the Amber Alert went off in class and all of our phones had the text “No Vehicle”

That is exactly what we discussed at the time. I was in Wisconsin and the flashing highway signs said Amber Alert No Vehicle description and then provided the description of Jayme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321