AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's #2. I've never heard about it happening in a case before. LE would want everyone to know that she has at least been found.
I agree but this case has what I'd call special circumstances which might mitigate their public responses for a short period of time. With both her parents so recently deceased, it could change their response, especially if the girl said something like " I don't want you to talk about this to the country right now".
HIPAA laws may also make it harder for them to respond about a minor child when both parents are deceased in the crime.

Also, I can’t imagine clearing the house within 4 minutes in the midst of the chaos described by 911 call. Considering whomever may have had to haul an unwilling 13 year old to the car, put her in, ensure she didn’t jump back out the other side - granted a gun might have aided in cooperation etc And LE didn't pass by them on the driveway or just pulling out... whew that’s crazy.
Agree. IMO I don't understand how they got away without anyone seeing them or hearing something. Also, how long was the 911 call from the mother and if she was hiding in the bathroom or wherever, we don't know when the man (or men) even realized there was a 911 call placed; so there getaway time could have been less than 4 minutes.

My theory the entire time has been that Jayme was the target and the perp came to leave with her. Not a standard B&E scene, no possessions or money taken that we know of, witnesses (parents) killed. It all adds up.

As chilling as it is I tend to agree. I feel as if this wasn't a random break-in but someone came with the intention of taking her. Whether that is someone close to the family is some fashion or someone who knew her on social media. If it were someone on her social media I think the FBI would have discovered that by now. I hope they find her today!!

It would seem the chair has to have some kind of significance since it was removed from the house. What could it be? It is quite a mystery.

Not really a mystery. If you look at that chair in high resolution the front wood is splintered pretty severely. like either a bullet hit it or ricocheted off it. The back could be a tie or an evidence tag.

No, as far as I know we have no idea when he came home and it has not been verified by LE that he had just came home, in fact it seems he was already home at the time the perp arrived since they stated he answered the door. Jmo

Exactly, MsBetsy...I agree!

I agree but this case has what I'd call special circumstances which might mitigate their public responses for a short period of time. With both her parents so recently deceased, it could change their response, especially if the girl said something like " I don't want you to talk about this to the country right now".
HIPAA laws may also make it harder for them to respond about a minor child when both parents are deceased in the crime.
If that's the case - that she's alive and talking - then hopefully they are hot on the suspect's trail.

Why does it seem unusual to you? Do you think it's a code to the abductor or something?

Wish I could find the original post that mentioned the frequent use of the number 100 in the quotes from LE. I know I read the post here this morning, maybe on thread #6. I will keep looking. The suggestion was that it might possibly be a message to someone. Seems a stretch, but LE saying ANYthing is 100% is unusual I think, no?

Apologies if this has been answered (I'm trying to keep up) but has it been discussed why the mother was barricaded in the bathroom, on the phone, and Jayme could be heard -- was Jayme in the bathroom barricaded with her mom, or somewhere else in the house? If Jayme was not barricaded in the bathroom, but maybe in her bedroom or another room, why did her mom go into the bathroom, and not to Jayme?

If that's the case - that she's alive and talking - then hopefully they are hot on the suspect's trail.
I don't think that's what's going on, but we aren't there.. As I said, if RadarOnline.com is lying to the huge number of people who want to know about this little girl, then they are lower than my little puppy's belly. Scum of the earth, even.

From the link:
"After more discussion with Fitzgerald on Saturday morning, Fitzgerald said he was not releasing any information about how the door got opened. He said when the deputies arrived at the house, James was found dead at the door. When asked whether a deputy had kicked in the door, Fitzgerald said he could not comment due to an active investigation."

Therefore, he did not open the door for LE.

bbm

Thank you. I was just going to post that clarification!

Wow. I really pray this is true.
Side note....there is yet another reference to the number 100. As an earlier poster pointed out, 100 has been used several times in the reporting of this crime. Seems a bit unusual, but who knows?
I believe that it stems from Fitzgeralds original statement when he said they were doing everything they could to find her and believe she is still alive. It was an answer to a two part question. He used the words "100 percent." As many have stated and as we know from experience, LE will always say this as they are not willing to give up or just assume she is dead. They need to keep the public interested and are relying on any tip they can get to give them a lead. It's not like they would say " Yes, we are giving 100 percent into this investigation but since we don't know where she is we can't confirm that she is still alive." Jmo

Wish I could find the original post that mentioned the frequent use of the number 100 in the quotes from LE. I KNOW I read it this morning. The suggestion was that it might possibly be a message to someone. Seems a stretch, but LE saying ANYthing is 100% is unusual I think, no?
I don't think it's a message. I also don't think "an FBI insider" said they are 100% sure she's alive but if they did, yes, I think that would be unusual.

100% certain could be that it was Jayme in Florida.

Is it a known fact though that Dad/James even came home at that time? Link?

It just seems that lots of sleuthers are going with the "fact" he came home at that time without any link (that I am aware of anyway.)

I'm considering the possibility that dad came home and interrupted the crime. But you are correct. The time dad came home is not a known fact. We just don't know either way.

Everyone needs to use their IMO's.

I believe that it stems from Fitzgeralds original statement when he said they were doing everything they could to find her and believe she is still alive. It was an answer to a two part question. He used the words "100 percent." As many have stated and as we know from experience, LE will always say this as they are not willing to give up or just assume she is dead. They need to keep the public interested and are relying on any tip they can get to give them a lead. It's not like they would say " Yes, we are giving 100 percent into this investigation but since we don't know where she is we can't confirm that she is still alive." Jmo

Exactly. Not like he's going to say "No, give up looking. She's probably dead anyway." smh

Or maybe they think she is with someone who loves her ( but obviously not in a healthy way).
I don't think so. In Mollie Tibbets case, they said over and over that they believed she may be with someone who may have misunderstood the relationship. They have said nothing like this, in fact it is pretty clear that they have no idea where she is it who she may be with. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine