AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he went to the door but didn't actually open it. Maybe he yelled through it and asked who it was and\or what the.person(s) wanted. When he didn't open it, maybe it was then kicked in.
That's what I've been thinking. They choose their words carefully, and it says dad had "answered" the door, not that he had "opened" the door. And that the door was kicked in. I think he went to the door and wouldn't open it, the bad guy(s) kicked in the door and shot him. MOO

Barring the obvious, what's the one thing you'd like to know to help solve this case?

How did the person(s) get JC out of the house and into the car so quickly after the 911 call without drawing attention to themselves as they sped away. Was the car parked close to one of the doors into the house? Was JC struggling, being carried, drugged maybe, hands maybe bound together, on the trip between the house and car?

Last edited:
Not saying they made a mistake at all. What a horrible scene for them to have come into. These officers deserve our utmost concern and prayers for what they experienced and continue to experience.
That being said, if I recall, the log also stated that James answered the door, and he couldn't, as he was deceased. Not seeing the crime scene photos and positioning of his body, we have to go by whatever eyewitness accounts we get.
Not trying to argue with you here, just working on getting my facts straight, thanks for working with me on this. :)
I believe upon arriving at the scene LE would assume he answered the door as he was lying in the doorway. Maybe they made that assumption before they realized the door was kicked in, but I don't see how they could know for sure since he was unresponsive when they got there and weren't there to witness him opening the door. I think it's more likely he was trying to prevent someone from coming in. Do we know if there was a chain on the door?

How do they know (paraphrasing) “missing girl was in the home at the time of the murders”. ???

From what I've read, they heard her screaming on the 911 tape.

They said they heard yelling on the tape, but haven't said who it was. They said they will not disclose how they know Jayme was there.

I truly feel this is the key to solving it. Although they say this for every case unsolved.

• Missing work for no apparent reason
  • Missing scheduled appointments
  • Leaving town without a reasonable explanation
  • Increase in drug and/or alcohol use
  • Altering their appearance
  • Paying “too much or too little” attention to the case, such as quickly shutting the news off when it reports on Jayme and her parents
  • Selling and/or getting rid of a vehicle
Source: Jayme Closs Update: Mom of missing endangered teen was considered ‘family angel’ who would take vacation days to help people [Report]

(...snipped by me)
ETA: the possible suicide from dispatch could be someone was heard in the background saying they would kill themselves if *blank* does or does not happen? This could be coming from the intruder, if they were mentally unstable?

I keep thinking the same thing about the reference to a possible suicide. I am wondering if ‘suicide’ or a threat to kill oneself was heard during the yelling in the background of the 911 call.

Hi! So I have been following a gut instinct of mine but really need some advice. I just read earlier posts where LE and such feels she is alive. I have been watching the Barron County as well as neighboring town jail logs. I ran a few reports and (I won't share cause the guy is innocent until proven otherwise).. and feel strongly he may know something. He is being held from another county in Barron. If they hold someone on say a probation violation... wouldn't three days give LE to decide if he knows more? If they think Jayme is alive, would they arrest someone on anything they could and hold him? Wouldn't LE want to use surveillance instead of locking someone up on a trumped up charge? I guess I am doubting my own gut and wanted your opinion.

Thanks so much
I think the answer is, we have no way of knowing until we get more information. It would all just be speculation based on unverified information. Jmo

How did the person(s) get JC out of the house and into the car so quickly after the 911 call without anyone seeing them speeding down the highway and not drawing attention to themselves? Was the car parked close to one of the doors into the house? Was JC struggling, being carried, drugged maybe, hands maybe bound together, on the trip between the house and car?
yes, this is a good point. i don't believe any passing car was ever caught on the police dash cam (although that could be info they are not confirming or denying). the most obvious answer then, is that the car was heading in the opposite direction away from the police.

I truly feel this is the key to solving it. Although they say this for every case unsolved.

• Missing work for no apparent reason
  • Missing scheduled appointments
  • Leaving town without a reasonable explanation
  • Increase in drug and/or alcohol use
  • Altering their appearance
  • Paying “too much or too little” attention to the case, such as quickly shutting the news off when it reports on Jayme and her parents
  • Selling and/or getting rid of a vehicle
Source: Jayme Closs Update: Mom of missing endangered teen was considered ‘family angel’ who would take vacation days to help people [Report]

These are guidelines that were developed by the FBI behavioral science unit based on interviews with incarcerated serial killers and studies done by forensic psychologists. It may not end up fitting exactly on every case but FWIW I think they're a very good starting point and certainly based in fact and reality!

If dad recently got in from work then he was probably in the living room at the time while everyone else could have been in their own room.

Jayme wouldn't have on shoes nor a jacket.

So which jacket and shoes or clothes are missing from the home?

We know Nicole Lovell climbed out her window to meet an older guy. Kids do fall for such things. Photos show police examining the deck area intensely so it seems there may have been something going on there. I’d assume there’s a door there.

Jumping off you post for a different topic-- I think he might have taken Jayme out the back deck door. Since dad was lying dead in the front doorway and stepping around him would mean walking through blood. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya