AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting point re: attempted CPR/911 call. If someone on the 911 audio was shot within the 4 minutes that it took for LE to get there, seems like life saving measures would have been attempted.

The gunshots were reported as nearly 1230-1238 this 20 minutes or so before 911 call is plenty of time for a victim to pass away.

I’m still interested in this Eau Claire place. Is there crimemapping or city-data? Note to pick up here.

Eau Claire to Barron, 44 miles. Distance between Eau Claire, WI and Barron, WI

I have driven highway 53 to I 90 many times. Not for about five years thoug.

I got a very nice speeding ticket because there is a State Patrol Headquarters right by Eau Claire. Surprise. Did not know it.

There were always so many State Patrol on the highway.

There are many many many semis but I do not recall when the trucks start. Certainly not by Rice Lake.

Maybe someone can check it out. There was ALWaYS road construction on those highways. Maybe they are done now.

This keeps sticking with me. If Denise was still alive it wouldn't bother me.
She's at a family birthday party and brings a little gift for everyone, less than 12 hours later she is dead.
Did she fear that something might happen?
Had she been threatened by someone and feel the need to do something trivial just in case?
It really bothered me, but I haven't seen any discussion, so it must just be me.
Moo
"Naiberg says his daughter was a "thoughtful person" who brought "a little gift for everybody" at the party."
Jayme Closs Now Missing for 4 Days; Parents’ Deaths Ruled as Homicides

Last edited:
An over stuffed suitcase? LE doesn't bring their own, equipment had cases, they don't collect evidence in a suitcase.

Possible it's Jaymes. Also possible that she planned on leaving with someone who turned out to be dangerous.

That would explain why they changed the verbiage from"abducted" to missing.
Is there a picture of the suitcase? I haven't heard anything about it until now.

If police thought he could be revived (tried CPR) would the transcript show that? If they didn’t attempt it, why didn’t they? It was unclear how long parents had been dead for... to me they hadn’t just expired and were clearly gone past the point of CPR being a possible tactic to try.

I will reply to this as delicately and respectfully as possible....
Sometimes due to the nature of the injuries it is obvious that CPR is not needed. The police officers that I know have all been trained to check for a pulse. It was probably clear to them that the victims were deceased, especially if they were shot in the head or through the heart. Some injuries cause immediate death. Even 4 minutes is way too late.
I feel so bad for their families, their friends, the police officers and the community. Such anguish is hard to endure.

Following along with the arrest records in Barron County. I don't know if we can link that website for that or does there have to be a current article with a story on arrests in order to share that info?

I do see one arrest on probation violation and the original charge for this person was attempted home invasion, fleeing the police, resisting arrest, etc. Interestingly enough a second person is also being held on a probation violation as well and that person was also involved in the same original incident the first person was charged with several years ago. I do have an article about that arrest in 2014. I see their current arrest dates are a couple days apart. Coincidence maybe.. but a robbery from a couple years ago and now both are being held for probation violations and picked up 3 days apart? I can link the online record if that is allowed.

The neighbor heard shots at 12:30 am, did she call 911? Did she look outside?

Another idea. Bad guy(s) was going to take Jayme. Jammed all her clothes and stuffed animals in a bag, to take with her. Caught mom still alive & making 911 call. Finished off mom, hung up phone, grabbed Jayme and left fast, forgetting the suitcase.
If they are clothes and were neatly packed then it could have been an initial runaway before something went wrong.

But we know Jayme wasn't going to run away at 1am. So I agree that the killer may have done it and couldn't grab the bag and snatch Jayme at the same time.

So this lends proof that she wasn't involved if those are her clothes.

From what we know, it appears that both he and his wife were inside the house when this occurred.

With the door apparently being kicked in, and the father inside, it stands to reason that the perpetrator conducted a home invasion style entry to the house.

Exactly. Several of us have posted the actual police dispatch which says exactly that. The father went to open the door, the door was kicked in, shots were fired and the father fell right there at the door. I don't know why there is still any kind of debate about these facts. They came from police officers on scene. I would GUESS that they would know.

Are there other cases similar to this? Ashley and Lauria? I also think or Lyric and Elizabeth. I think there is a trucker who is targeting people and places. His routes change. He small talks, learns about people’s schedules and kids.

Still odd that there's been no update for over 24 hours. Anyone want to venture a guess as to why? I hope it's that they've got solid progress on a lead to being her home.

Hopefully it’s because they are really close to bringing her home and they don’t have nothing to really talk about because they are about to close in ...with that being said, just like others have said the longer something like this goes on the better chance she won’t be found.

I will reply to this as delicately and respectfully as possible....
Sometimes due to the nature of the injuries it is obvious that CPR is not needed. The police officers that I know have all been trained to check for a pulse. It was probably clear to them that the victims were deceased, especially if they were shot in the head or through the heart. Some injuries cause immediate death. Even 4 minutes is way too late.
I feel so bad for their families, their friends, the police officers and the community. Such anguish is hard to endure.
Add to this that his first thought was "suicide".
MOO

Still odd that there's been no update for over 24 hours. Anyone want to venture a guess as to why? I hope it's that they've got solid progress on a lead to being her home.
Press conferences were quite lively in the Mollie Tibbets missing case due to her father and his expertise with the microphone and camera's. He kept Mollie's face front and center.
Lots of reward money coming in daily.
This case is different there is NO FACE for Jayme. <modsnip - not victim friendly> Strange.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they are clothes and were neatly packed then it could have been an initial runaway before something went wrong.

But we know Jayme wasn't going to run away at 1am. So I agree that the killer may have done it and couldn't grab the bag and snatch Jayme at the same time.

So this lends proof that she wasn't involved if those are her clothes.

(I'm frustrated, Dex, so bear with me please.)

What clothes are we talking about here ? Did I miss something while I was having a meltdown ?

IMO Jayme changed clothes before leaving and left the clothes she was wearing behind because they had blood on them.
The perp probably wore black and wasn't leaving with a child in bloody clothes.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member