AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not difficult to see that a door has been kicked in forcefully. Police can tell pretty quickly just by looking at it.
I think this house was chosen because it is somewhat isolated from view, and it appeared well cared for by the occupants. That means that there were valuable items that could be taken and later sold, but this was most likely not a home with an extensive security system.
I also have a working theory that Jayme was not the intended reason for the home invasion, but she was the victim of a crime of opportunity. The perp/perps planned a home invasion and decided they wanted Jayme as well after they were inside, so she was taken as they fled the home. Sort of a twist on a scenario similar to what happened to the Clutter family from In Cold Blood. One of those 2 men wanted to rape Nancy Clutter but his partner stopped him. It also reminds me of the home invasion suffered by the Petit family. I think the reason Jayme was taken away was due to the 911 call....there was no time to continue the crime at the home.
This is just another THEORY that I have, as I stated earlier.

Clutter Family and your last point about running out of time- 100% where I’m at.

After going through a lot of different scenarios, and dropping them, one by one, I am leaning towards this being a very ugly home invasion by meth freaks.
I would agree but why Jayme. If they killed two why not one more? Escape with whatever they could find to sell or spend. A 13 year old girl. I donno. Of course after writing that Holly Bobo does come to mind. Sad.

If you shoot a door lock, it could be easier to kick in? There were two shots close together at 12:30am.

Prior to that, perhaps someone knocks on the door? Yells? Bangs on it? Dad comes to the door, before he can say/do anything he is shot, intruder kicks in the door and enters home, mom is woken, daughter is woken, mom calls 911 (it was her phone pinged). There's an argument (voices heard on 911 call) daughter is either taken forcefully or voluntarily. All my opinion.

I can buy this scenario ^^^ except for the way it supposedly began. Why come knocking at the front door , kicking your way join at 1 am? Wouldn't it be better to sneak in, by the back door or side window?
Most ransack home invasions start with 1 guy breaching the front door while others wait or while the other is sneaking around back. Idk

I would agree but why Jayme. If they killed two why not one more? Escape with whatever they could find to sell or spend. A 13 year old girl. I donno. Of course after writing that Holly Bobo does come to mind. Sad.

Exactly, Holly Bobo comes to mind, very sadly and tragically. Meth is an evil drug because it motivates people to do very gruesome, sexually motivated actions at times. I think they stumbled upon the hiding girl when they were ransacking, and decided to take her along with them.

I believe that’s the Medical Examiner’s equipment, no reason to believe it came from the house. If it were being taken from the house as evidence it wouldn’t be the Medical Examiner doing it.

I agree. Also in that photo you posted we can see the evidence bus (or whatever it is called) that the other items (chair and door) were carried into. It is parked way behind the women in the driveway and near the house. It is obvious the ME is taking the suitcase to her vehicle parked outside the crime scene (she goes under the tape at the end of the drive). The suitcase is not evidence. JMO.

If Jayme was the target - there are too many ways to do that which do not involve busting through doors after midnight and shooting the parents....
The only scenario wherein that might make sense - is if the perpetrator is someone who is obsessesed and/or stalking Jayme & was told on no uncertain terms to leave her alone....presumably a young man, clearly unbalanced, maybe drug or alcohol issues.....he is enraged at the parents.....

Otherwise: a family member/friend who is enraged at the parents...but after the rage subsides...remorse sets in: and Jayme is there.....doesn't have the 'heart' to kill her - is freaking out, not sure what to do.....once realize 911 called....has to take her because she recognizes them....
This scenario could also be a situation with a disgruntled employee/former employee.....

To my mind Jayme was taken because she was the target (someone obsessed with her, not your average stalker/kidnapper/abductor).....or because she could identify the perpetrator......

I don't think this was a botched burglary - if any thief takes time to case a house...plenty of opportunity to figure out when no one is home....or simply scare the people with the gun, don't actually shoot them....how often to thieves go kicking in doors after midnight & shooting the tenants of the house before looting? I'd say that figure is probably extremely low....

Yes, the anger and aggression with kicking the door in makes it seem like a personal connection. To either James, his wife, or Jayme. And if it’s not a random stranger, it shouldn’t be impossible for LE to trace (hopefully).

I wonder if anything else (besides Jayme) was taken from the home? That would offer more insight to the motives and what their intent was.

If it was just Jayme they wanted, that’s pretty disturbing.

We are only a few hours away from the one week point in this.

So little information. Maybe they really are on to everything and are just waiting for a safe moment to scoop in and save her....or maybe things are already getting cold.

There is a large group of very good professionals working on this case. I am sure that all my ideas have long since been looked at and all the electronic trails and blood and sniff trails have been followed and all the finances and all the family relationships and all the job related questions and local drug concerns have all been looked into if not fully examined.

If the information is out there, I am sure they have looked at it and tried to connect it to the other dots.

It is okay that we are not being kept up on everything if it means they are getting closer to saving Jayme.

What really baffles me is how little we have heard from the sidelines. They asked family to not speak and they haven't. Wonder if Jennie-O asked their employees to also not speak? School has only made scripted comments as to be expected.

The only one who talks is neighbor Joan who heard the shots, called them reclusive and offered up that LE told her what was on the 911 call.
(and here I am linking to ****** gah!)

Missing Teen Jayme Closs' Dad Was Shot In Doorway Of Family Home, Neighbor Claims
The Closs Family Was Reclusive Before Murder: 'They Wouldn't Even Come To The Door'
Missing Teen Jayme Closs Screamed 'Help!' In 911 Call Amid Parents' Murders

Last edited:
I just can't get the similarities between this case and the unsolved Michael, Mary, and Jennifer Short case from 2002 out of my mind. Caucasian couple in their late 30s (her)/early 50s (him) living in a slightly-off-the-road home on a primary state/community highway gets invaded/shot in the head and killed at their home in the overnight hours, and their 9 year old daughter is taken and weeks later found murdered a few hours away. Other than it being in Virginia, the MO and pretty much all other details are a perfect match.

Is it possible that these are related and the Short killer moved to Wisconsin or is an over-the-road trucker?

I worked in LE many years and have seen this behavior before. It’s not evidence, it’s her supplies.
It looks too big and like it's soft sided. I'd expect to see an official insignia as well.
Working as a nurse in home health, we'd never use something like that.
I can't disagree with you though.
I have no experience in that area. Thanks for letting me know!
Moo

I think police moved a heavy suitcase from the house while removing other items. 1 poster mentioned that the suitcase seemed heavy for the female to carry. So I took it as someone seen the video of them removing the chair, doors and other items including the suitcase.

But I haven't personally seen the vid and Im simply jumping off their posts since both seem credible as viewing the same suitcase removal.

I hope that helps.

Suitcase points to an older person IMO, it also makes me think someone who did care for her. They were packing in that 20 min and the 911 call was placed in the seconds before leaving by this person or Jayme because they wanted LE to find them quickly.
Perhaps that was the yelling.
What are you doing? Get in the car now or something similar? Suitcase left behind plan foiled??
Or similar scenario.
Moo

Pretty sure it is the Medical Examiner's suitcase. Please see my post here: AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8

Thank you. Can you share your preferred theory of what this crime is about?
I just want her to be found alive and well but the chances are slim now IMO. In my opinion this is not a well thought out crime with a drawn out plan. This is a double murder and an abuction. It is highly personal in nature. IMO the evidence so far shows one or two Assailants who had been at the residence for at least 35-40 min. I believe the Closs’s knew the assailant or assailants. IMO it is a highly emotional family situation or with someone close enough to family. I do feel the Sunday gathering has a connection.

Wonder why suitcase looks so heavy. Did perp stuff it but then could not carry it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicank