AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still doesn’t make sense. Find the second body then, if suicide was the officer’s first thought, classify as murder-suicide. Why classify initially as possible suicide -
I think it was just a first reaction since there was one body and no one else around. It was changed pretty quickly upon discovering another body and most likely from other evidence at the scene. Imo

NG posted lurid headline that Dad was alive when police arrived...which I think is def false...
I consider her much like Daily Mail, Radar etc...

It is frustrating because Nancy Grace of all people should know how to accurately read and interpret a dispatch log. She was a prosecutor, this is not the first dispatch log she's ever read.

Maybe it was a combination. He tried to pry open the door, loosened the brass or metal plate that is near the lock, ( the thing that's screwed into the wall, I don't know what it's called, but it is usually where the lock is) and then kicked it open? Jmo
Sadly, I now want to go put on boots and try to kick in my massive wood front door. Just to see how safe I really am. I suspect notsomuch. WS can really get to ones head....

Oh yeah, I absolutely don’t think they have any evidence that she is still alive.

I must have misunderstood. I thought you were saying that they never stated that they thought she was still alive, which is something I would expect them to say regardless.

No, sorry, my objection is to the misleading wording in the source that shall not be named implying that the FBI has new evidence that she is alive that was shared exclusively with the prestigious investigative journalists at radar online.

Atleast for a period of time.

We just don’t see this type of thing (murder to facilitate a kidnapping), with any regularity.

It all comes down to the motive. If we knew what it was, we could get a sense of if she is likely to be alive or not.

My point is this. When this type of crime is committed, it's usually for one reason. Once that reason has been completed, the suspect freaks out and has to "get rid of evidence". They don't go in guns blazing because that immediately brings heat on them and they don't get the time to do what they want.

This is more in line with someone who is looking for something long term.

I really want to agree with you on this. But what if he heard scary things inside and panicked. I actually don’t think that happened. But possibly? Keeping an open mind.
I think things can happen very quickly. If he happened upon the scene maybe he acted instinctively first and was shot immediately.

A local who is familiar with the plant's operation (and the dad's job there) posted earlier today that the dad would not have worked on a Sunday because he was a production worker and production shifts are relegated to weekdays. He stated that Sundays were for skeleton crews doing maintenance/cleaning type work.

JMO.

DJC- previously married w/no children from first marriage.

Source? People keep saying second marriage for DJC but I haven't found that info.

Owns a dog (what breed?).

Looks like a shih tzu. (I'm a dog expert, but not on toy breeds.)

3:57am JC entered as missing juvenile

But as early as 1:32 they requested a search team be readied.

DJC reportedly barricaded in bathroom

Often commented, but nowhere verified by LE.

Sadly, I now want to go put on boots and try to kick in my massive wood front door. Just to see how safe I really am. I suspect notsomuch. WS can really get to ones head....
It's not the solidness of the door, it's the jamb the door is hung it that cracks. We have a mahogany door, big thing, took 8 men to hang it. No way you're going to crack that door, but I was nearly killed when I left the house in a snit one day and slammed the door and it cracked the jamb and fell out behind me. That's how doors are kicked in. The jamb it hangs in is nailed or screwed in a few spots to studs, but it's only 2 inches thick.

I think they know she is alive 100%. I think they have to figure out how to get the money owed to them and do it quick. She’s such an innocent bystander in this. FBI knows how to do this and make it happen without a hitch .

Source? People keep saying second marriage for DJC but I haven't found that info.

Looks like a shih tzu. (I'm a dog expert, but not on toy breeds.)

But as early as 1:32 they requested a search team be readied.

Often commented, but nowhere verified by LE.
Source on marriage is Wisconsin Circuit Court Access that has records of the divorce.

It’s very, very difficult unless it’s an older door. I guess if you hit it at the right spot, the force would knock the lock portion of the door off. I was kicking mine in the center without any luck. I think it would be easier if you kick at the frame and not the door itself

I think they know she is alive 100%. I think they have to figure out how to get the money owed to them and do it quick. She’s such an innocent bystander in this. FBI knows how to do this and make it happen without a hitch .

Is this a gut feeling? I came up with “ransom” idea because of the 100% quote by the Sheriff. That jumped out at me and because this is so bizarre.

It wouldn’t take them that long to get the money if that were the issue.

But he would not get it lol...I wish he was that stupid but he has gotten away so far...
Exactly. LOl. I was thinking of a drug influenced unsub and what they possibly might be thinking. But I watch too much TV, especially foreign crime dramas.

If police thought he could be revived (tried CPR) would the transcript show that? If they didn’t attempt it, why didn’t they?
01:11 2 subjects down
01:19 requested ME, 2 subjects down, unresponsive.
So maybe they tried for a few minutes.

It is frustrating because Nancy Grace of all people should know how to accurately read and interpret a dispatch log. She was a prosecutor, this is not the first dispatch log she's ever read.
I don't believe anything she says ever since she reported Mollie Tibbetts "running through a cornfield."

I have a hollow core steel front door. I am not sure if that is the exact correct terminology, but it is metal and hollow.

I thought it was safer than a wood front door because in my imagination I pictured that a wood door would splinter when kicked.

I recently had replacement windows installed and the installation guy recommended that I replace my front door with something sturdier. I didn’t think much about it at the time because I had just spent a small fortune on windows but now I am rethinking replacing that door.

It wouldn’t take them that long to get the money if that were the issue.

Very possible I guess. Could be why theres being no info released. Kidnappers could be telling them don't talk to the media or we'll kill her. However, I still think it's a stretch.

I have a hollow core steel front door. I am not sure if that is the exact correct terminology, but it is metal and hollow.

I thought it was safer than a wood front door because in my imagination I pictured that a wood door would splinter when kicked.

I recently had replacement windows installed and the installation guy recommended that I replace my front door with something sturdier. I didn’t think much about it at the time because I had just spent a small fortune on windows but now I am rethinking replacing that door.

Think about getting a kick plate too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member