AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think only 3 theories really make sense here given what we know.

1) That Jayme was targeted to be abducted most probably by someone the family knew or had come across before (knew the father was coming home at midnight etc). Sadly if this is the case she is more than likely already dead, as over 70% of child abductees are killed within the first few hours or so.

2) That Jayme <modsnip - not victim friendly> had a boyfriend that carried this out, though seeing as everyone is saying she was very quiet, i'm not so sure about this.

3) This was a family/close acquaintance dispute and whomever killed the parents decided to let Jayme live and has her with them still alive somewhere.

Ether way I hope she is found alive and was not responsible for this, although I am a bit of a pessimist in regards to that being the case sadly.

Last edited by a moderator:
The gunshots were only seconds apart so I assume she was shot right away and would not have been able to hide. If anyone hid, I think it was Jayme and she somehow managed to make the call. It seems by the time the call was connected she had been seperated from the phone, as they said only background noise was heard. The perp may have realized the call was made and got out fast. Imo

I'm guessing there were more than 2 gunshots. Especially considering the police report's statement about James. I think we need to get past the only 2 shots heard by the neighbors. They probably really weren't paying much attention, had their TV turned up, could be hard of hearing, etc. I am honestly surprised they were the only neighbors who heard anything.

Here’s what I am really puzzled over.

Who kicks down a door, shoots the place up, and then sticks around for 30(?) minutes, risking the police arriving?!

I can’t make sense of this aspect.

This is the part that makes absolutely no sense to me. We've seen a few cases before where someone kills the parents to abduct the child, but what could the perp have possibly been doing in that house for almost 30 minutes? You would think he'd execute his plan and take Jayme immediately after killing her parents

Sheriff: Missing girl at home when parents were shot to death
According to this article the extended family says that the door was shot in. I'm wondering whether the shots the neighbors heard were the ones outside, and maybe they didn't hear the fatal gunshots that would have been inside the home. So chilling.
For our discussion I don’t think it really matters whether the door was kicked or shot. We know the door was forcefully breached and the dad was shot inside the doorway - that’s really all that’s relevant.

CAn you copy and paste the quote from the newspaper. The link has too many ads and click ins. It locked my computer.

An army of law enforcement officers has been dissecting hundreds of tips since early Monday but has yet to locate Jayme. Autopsies on 46-year-old Denise Closs and 56-year-old James Closs were completed Wednesday. A 911 call about 1 a.m. Monday brought deputies to the home, which is set back in woods along Highway 8. Family members told CBS News in a telephone interview that the front door of the family’s home was shot in.

bbm

Okay so if LE were able to confirm Jayme was home via the 911 call, hopefully they have some info on the perps right? Like male or female, and how many?

Has this been asked or discussed at any news conferences or in any press releases?
I have not heard those questions asked by reporters. And you are right they should be able to count the number of voices heard during the call and perhaps have a guess at gender.

Last edited:
Okay so they purportedly confirmed that the father was deceased when they arrived. How then do they know for certain that Jayme was there and was taken? That has been bothering me, because for LE to assert that with such conviction they would have to have something rather concrete to confirm it. Any thoughts/ideas other than they were told so?
She can be heard among the arguing in the background of the 911 call?

Also says the Shorts' phone line was cut before they were shot, and LE has said in this case that the 911 operator tried to call the land line but it had been "disconnected". I don't know if "disconnected" means the Closs' had their own line disconnected, or if it was disconnected the night of the murders.

JMO.

That is another heartbreaking case. Such a good family who were destroyed when evil came into their home.

Right, but did he borrow enough to make a coworker come and kick in the front door and slaughter his family?

I'd think Dad would find a way to repay him before that happened---especially since he had a lot of equity available in the home that he could access.

Not necessarily. We don't know their mortgage balance and for all we know they already took out a HELOC on the house. I feel like if this is over money it is over BIG money. Not something small. We have no knowledge of what kind of people they were other than what family has said. That doesn't mean they didn't have skeletons in the closet, and it doesn't mean they did.

You're right, we have no concrete proof. However, assuming neighbors correctly noted the time of hearing 2 gun shots at 12:31, 911 call ended at 12:56, officer(s) arrive at 1:03 .... sounds like the suspect(s) could have been there for at least 25-30 minutes. That seems like a long time to stay at the scene of a double homicide to me too. MOO.

*I remain skeptical about the neighbor's statements though.

This is the part that makes absolutely no sense to me. We've seen a few cases before where someone kills the parents to abduct the child, but what could the perp have possibly been doing in that house for almost 30 minutes? You would think he'd execute his plan and take Jayme immediately after killing her parents
What if he wanted information that he believed DC had knowledge of? He tries to get into the house and JC is there, so he gets in and shoots him. Restrains DC in order to interrogate her for the information. When that doesn't work and he realizes time is running out, he take Jayme thinking she might have knowledge of this information and he can work on getting it from her later. MOO and speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bomber1978