AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*modsnip* quoted post removed

I simply have no words to even be able to respond to this post.

Praying for the families of Denise and James who were brutally murdered in cold blood through no fault of their own. IMO

Continuing to hope and pray Jayme is found alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps it was an online grooming situation and the individual harmed the family in order to access Jayme. Or if they had attended a family event perhaps there was a dispute and later something has gone horribly wrong.

Such a sad and horrible situation.

Closeup of door "after" murders:

5218622-6296561-The_front_door_of_the_Closs_home_is_seen_on_Wednesday_It_appears-a-36_1540012150974.jpg

If this is a ransom kidnapping it will be one of the very very few in the US in ages. And who is meant to pay up with her parents dead? I do not believe it for a minute. They are so rare, and this “kidnapper” is a double murderer. Also,I do not buy that LE has “proof” Jayme is alive. LE always says this about missing people unless they have a crime scene with that person’s blood etc...and always, people think that LE must “know”. Jmo they do not.
Tweaked. Just crazy out of their minds looking for stuff to steal.

Exactly. It's not like they are implying someone said it. Their own choice of words to make it sound dramatic.
Yes, that was almost certainly a DM copy editor taking liberties, or simply misinterpreting the reporter's text.
Captions are not written by the same person who wrote the story. They are added later by a production journalist. No way the reporter would have left the "bullet-ridden" detail out of their main copy if it had any basis in fact.
DM captions are notoriously sloppy and misleading.

Good morning, Faithful Sleuthers. Thank you for this website and forum. I have been following in slealth mode but registered this morning because my heart is struck by this sad, sad story. I think we're all here because we care, because we wish we could help, and maybe our collective thought-power can get us somewhere. Toward that end, I want to share some thoughts, after having read all of these threads, based solely on my own speculation and opinion. I feel compelled to say this first, echoing another member here -- someday Jayme might read this, currently her family and friends may well be -- their pain is deep enough -- may we all tread gently. Frankly, I think Jayme will prove to be the hero. Much has been said about the 911 call, and whose phone it was, and how LE concluded that Jayme was present for the tragic events which unfolded. I think that explanation may be the simplest, also owing to the fact that LE may not have had time to listen to the audio of the call. My theory, the phone was nowhere near the deceased when LE found it. That leaves Jayme, amid the terror, finding a way to call for help. A terrified little girl, heroic act of love.

Thanks for that information; I had wondered if the maybe ME had gone to Ontonagon county and she was being called back, but it seems that if that were the case the entry would have had more detail. It's still a very interesting call log entry.
Do states share Medical Examiners? Ontonogan County is in Michigan (Upper Peninsula) I believe. Unless there's another in WI.

*modsnip*/ discussing removed quote

Not that I believe that this scenario is applicable here, it’s just to clarify after reading some of the posts.

I don’t know why but my gut instinct is that this person or persons who have committed this atrocious act, are very familiar with the Closs family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps it was an online grooming situation and the individual harmed the family in order to access Jayme. Or if they had attended a family event perhaps there was a dispute and later something has gone horribly wrong.

Such a sad and horrible situation.

The problem is if someone known to the Closs's, or online person(s) committed this crime then all the investigators probably would have zeroed in on some suspect(s) by now. At this point it seems more likely this was a stranger danger crime. Since people have been killed over something as small as a cinnamon bun, I don't see it as bizarre that someone would be murdered for money.

The problem is if someone known to the Closs's, or online person(s) committed this crime then all the investigators probably would have zeroed in on some suspect(s) by now. At this point it seems more likely this was a stranger danger crime. Since people have been killed over something as small as a cinnamon bun, I don't see it as bizarre that someone would be murdered for money.

What do you mean by stranger danger crime?

It's possible LE does have a suspect in mind, but doesn't want the suspect to know it.

Just a couple of things I was thinking about:
  1. Rural homes don't usually have house numbers on the outside, they have a fire sign at the end of the driveway with the city/town and house number/street address. It is the red metal sign you can see here: Search near Closs house turns up empty in Wisconsin. Locals would know this, I don't know if someone from an urban/suburban area would look for this. I didn't see any house numbers on the Closs house video above.

2. Ontonagon County appears to be where Denise's family came from and some still reside. There is a public webpage and genealogy tree she appears on.

3. This is grasping at straws, but I wonder if the septic company has been contacted. They came to the house twelve times in the past three years based on county GIS webpage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95