AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't think of the names but there was a case where a dude became obsessed with a young girl, killed her mom, mom's friend and the girl's brother and hid their bodies in a tree or something like that (that sounds crazy, but I swear that's what I remember). Then he kidnapped the girl. Anyone remember this?

Matthew Hoffman iirc

Here's a new theory. The main suspect could have murdered her parents, and Jayme, in a rushed panic calls 911. Before she can speak, the suspects grabs her and takes her hostage before speeding off. The suspect could be hundreds of miles away guys!

No clothing description for Closs was provided. No suspect vehicle description was provided, either. According to WBAY-TV and the Associated Press, it’s believed Jayme Closs was taken from her home by “unknown individual(s), likely with a gun.”

A missing poster circulating for Jayme says she is not considered a suspect and that authorities found a “violent crime scene.”

Yikes. :(
Sounds like more than just a quick shooting. I wonder what all ensued and the evidence that describes a violent crime scene.

Why is there no mention of search dogs being brought out to the family's property?

Agreed .

I was going to ask about the use of SAR dogs. It'd indicate whether she left on foot (dragged away by a perp ?) or car, right ?

Wonder if the FBI will be asked to assist.
And, I mean this with all due respect.... but are the local LE equipped to handle a case of this magnitude ?
TWO dead and one possible kidnapping.... just seems like a lot for one small town police force to be able to cope with , I do mean that respectfully.

If I were the sheriff.... I'd want outside help ! I'd be asking for SAR dogs, infrared or thermal (SAR) night time imaging, etc.
Absolutely.

What if she is being held in someone's hunting stand or outdoor bunker ? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads