GUILTY WI - Kayden Powell, 4 days, Beloit, 6 Feb 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is an MSM article indicating the information I discussed. AFAIK, info in MSM can be discussed here. KS is named as a person of interest in MSM. MSM indicates the arrest was not regarding Kayden's case. Just because she was arrested for another warrant, does not mean LE no longer considers KS a person of interest.

hth

I agree with you but a few posts were deleted this morning. FWIW my hinky meter is on her too

I sent a mod to clarify if KS can be discussed. :)

I'd like to know if the baby was seen in the apartment after KS left the home.

Where does KS live? I thought she traveled to Beloit from Colorado? Or perhaps I mistakenly presumed she already had a place in Colorado that she and Kaydens parents were going to move to, and her family was back home in Colorado?

There is an MSM article indicating the information I discussed. AFAIK, info in MSM can be discussed here. KS is named as a person of interest in MSM. MSM indicates the arrest was not regarding Kayden's case. Just because she was arrested for another warrant, does not mean LE no longer considers KS a person of interest.

hth

do you have a link saying she is a person of interest in this case, Cubby? tia :loveyou:

A woman was arrested this morning in Iowa on a warrant. The great-uncle of the child says she’s a stepsister to one of the parents, but police say she is not a suspect.

One of those people was Kristen Smith, a woman who was arrested around 5:30 this morning in West Branch, Iowa. She is not a suspect in this case.

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/4-Day-Old-Beloit-Baby-Gone-Missing-from-Home-243960721.html

Chief Kopp emphasized at the Thursday evening news conference his department has no suspects and has made no arrests in the case, but Rock County Sheriff Robert Spoden said numerous leads are coming in at a rapid rate.

The Beloit Daily News reports police as saying Kristen Smith, questioned by authorities earlier Thursday, is not a person of interest in the case.

http://www.wqow.com/story/24651483/2014/02/06/4-day-old-infant-missing-in-wisconsin

I think you need to look at when the article was posted that says she is a person of interest. This is hardly the first case where someone is mentioned as a person of interest but that changes after LE has interviewed the person. When they are no longer a person of interest, we are no longer able to sleuth them.

I don't find KS hinky at all. I almost always leave for road trips in the early morning hours. If I didn't have my kiddos along, it'd be even earlier.

She was there visiting her step-sister and new nephew, she probably stayed as long as she could then left in time to get home in the morning to her own home to see her own family.

Having baby clothes in the car doesn't surprise me, especially considering that Brianna & fam intend to move to CO. She may have offered to take the bigger sized clothing and store it until they got moved. She may have bought newborn or premie sized clothes that didn't fit Kayden and intended to return it.

Or if you're like me buy baby clothes for friends that never seem to make it out of the car. I currently own a package of newborn diapers and my youngest is 4, I'd look mighty suspicious if my house was searched for signs of a newborn.

Brianna's mom has no idea who KS is. Never saw her, never met her. Did you see the interview?

Brianna's mom has no idea who KS is. Never saw her, never met her. Did you see the interview?

I believe I commented on Brianna's mom not knowing Brianna's stepsister. How would she? My mom never met my step siblings. Why would she? They came to see me a couple of days after my oldest was born. I don't find that odd at all.

eta: i'm watching the vid now, I haven't seen it yet

from this morning

The baby was reported missing at 4:34 a.m. Thursday. The four people who were in the house Wednesday and Thursday have been questioned by police.
A fifth person who was at the house, Kristin Smith, who told police she is Brianna Marshall's sister, had left the Beloit area early Thursday and reportedly was heading back to her home in Colorado. Police contacted her by cell phone to arrange an interview regarding the missing baby. She was stopped in Iowa and when West Branch, Iowa police interviewed her, they noticed she was wanted on a warrant for fraud in Texas.
She told police that Marshall, Bruce Powell and the baby were going to move to Colorado soon. Kopp said Smith is not a suspect in Kayden's disappearance.
Kopp said every lead is being investigated.
http://www.beloitdailynews.com/sear...cle_62fecfd2-900e-11e3-9932-001a4bcf887a.html

we need to let things develop at the upcoming presser before we speculate about her please and thank you

I had my first when I was young too. My heart is breaking for what Brianna must be feeling. :(

I hope LE really publicise the stolen baby angle- someone has to have seen something that sets off their hinky meters.

I watched the interview with Brianna's mom. It sounds like Brianna and her mom did not have a great relationship, mom doesn't seem to care for Bruce.

Brianna, Bruce, Kristen & Kayden went to Brianna's mom's house and Brianna introduced Kristen as her sister and told Brianna's mom of their intention to move to CO with Kristen.

To me it sounds like Kristen was willing/able to provide support and help for Brianna. Possibly they have a healthier relationship than Brianna & her mom.

I believe I commented on Brianna's mom not knowing Brianna's stepsister. How would she? My mom never met my step siblings. Why would she? They came to see me a couple of days after my oldest was born. I don't find that odd at all.

eta: i'm watching the vid now, I haven't seen it yet

You would think Brianna would have said something to her. She lived with her mom. Great uncle also had no clue.

“I got home, the last time I seen that baby was at 1:45,” Bennett said. He is convinced this woman Kristen Smith knows something about Kayden’s disappearance

Bennett says she showed up a few days ago saying she was Brianna’s step sister and they along with Kayden were going to move to Colorado.

Read more: http://wgntv.com/2014/02/07/search-on-for-wisconsin-newborn-taken-from-home/#ixzz2seeZK0fn

Presser is in 15 mins right? I am on the road (but sitting in a parking lot, not driving right now, I promise!) so hopefully someone can transcribe? :blowkiss:

Not sure what to think at this point... Please find this baby, LE! :please:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Gradma (Brianna's mother) even said in the video when she was interviewed yesterday that KS had come and taken all of Brianna things. This could include the baby cloths that were found in the vehicle.

I guess if the items were packed away perhaps in boxes in the back of the the vehicle (reportedly a van) compared to lying out on the seats would be a telling clue to me if the baby was in the vehicle or not.

JMO

There is a huge difference between naming someone a person of interest and a suspect. There are reasons why LE names someone a POI rather than a suspect, but I forget specifically what they are.

Also, I can understand not meeting a half sibling, or stp sibling, but not having any knowledge of their existence until recently? KS is older than BM. I can't imagine a situation where BM's mom and dad were together and she had no clue the man she was having a child with had a child with another woman a few years older than the child they were expecting or had.

Is KS a half or step sibling, do we know?

ETA: Sorry nurse, I posted this before seeing your post above. In many cases persons are named a person of interest long before being named a suspect. We've discussed the difference in other cases. I will await word from you if we can discuss this case in the same manner, understanding the difference between LE naming a POI and naming a Suspect. tia!

You would think Brianna would have said something to her. She lived with her mom. Great uncle also had no clue.

“I got home, the last time I seen that baby was at 1:45,” Bennett said. He is convinced this woman Kristen Smith knows something about Kayden’s disappearance

Bennett says she showed up a few days ago saying she was Brianna’s step sister and they along with Kayden were going to move to Colorado.

Read more: http://wgntv.com/2014/02/07/search-on-for-wisconsin-newborn-taken-from-home/#ixzz2seeZK0fn

I'd join in on the suspicions if Brianna or Bruce thought Kristen was involved. But so far this is what I've found regarding their thoughts on Kristen:

His parents, who have been cooperating with police, back up her story that they were planning on moving and Smith was always planning to leave this morning.

Read more: http://wgntv.com/2014/02/07/search-on-for-wisconsin-newborn-taken-from-home/#ixzz2sefydgCK

There is a huge difference between naming someone a person of interest and a suspect. There are reasons why LE names someone a POI rather than a suspect, but I forget specifically what they are.

Also, I can understand not meeting a half sibling, or stp sibling, but not having any knowledge of their existence until recently? KS is older than BM. I can't imagine a situation where BM's mom and dad were together and she had no clue the man she was having a child with had a child with another woman a few years older than the child they were expecting or had.

ETA: Sorry nurse, I posted this before seeing your post above. In many cases persons are named a person of interest long before being named a suspect. We've discussed the difference in other cases. I will await word from you if we can discuss this case in the same manner, understanding the difference between LE naming a POI and naming a Suspect. tia!
it could have been because they wanted to speak with her?

Also POI's may never be necessarily a ' suspect'. I have always thought a POI may have material information that can help LE, a witness, a friend of the perp, etc. Not all POI's go on to become suspects....... moooooo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor
Back