GUILTY WI - Kayden Powell, 4 days, Beloit, 6 Feb 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I managed to skim and read through here quickly just to get caught up and have not seen most of the video's but thank you MsF for all the wonderful photos! He is a gorgeous baby.

They say the eyes are the window to the soul and this child has a wonderful gaze in his eyes! He looks right into you-

I agree they need lots of pictures of him plastered everywhere!

When I honed in on the exact area of the home I realized I have an old friend who lives just doors down from where the baby has gone missing, I will need to call him in the am, as I see they did search his home and vehicles. I looked him up and found a video of him explaining the search, omg.

From the other posts it sounds like some unusual family dynamics surrounding Kayden. . This poor and terrified young mother. I am going to have a moment, hour, day of faith here...and pray to God that Kayden is hidden with someone who would never hurt him and will be home safe and soon.

JMO

If you can ask your friend... does he normally lock his doors?
Or would it be normal for the doors to be unlocked in this area?

I managed to skim and read through here quickly just to get caught up and have not seen most of the video's but thank you MsF for all the wonderful photos! He is a gorgeous baby.

They say the eyes are the window to the soul and this child has a wonderful gaze in his eyes! He looks right into you-

I agree they need lots of pictures of him plastered everywhere!

When I honed in on the exact area of the home I realized I have an old friend who lives just doors down from where the baby has gone missing, I will need to call him in the am, as I see they did search his home and vehicles. I looked him up and found a video of him explaining the search, omg.

From the other posts it sounds like some unusual family dynamics surrounding Kayden. . This poor and terrified young mother. I am going to have a moment, hour, day of faith here...and pray to God that Kayden is hidden with someone who would never hurt him and will be home safe and soon.

JMO

If you can ask your friend... does he normally lock his doors?
Or would it be normal for the doors to be unlocked in this area?

Obviously I don't know the friend of the other poster but Beloit is a bit rough. I would expect most people to lock their doors there. Its a town that in recent years has been hit hard by the economy and has lost jobs. But like every town, it obviously has its nicer areas.

It's also very close to lots of bigger cities and has very easy access to even larger ones. Its on the border of IL and right by Rockford. It's not too far from Madison, Milwaukee, Chicago, etc. lots of access to the interstate system.

I hope he is found unharmed. The southern part of the state had a good snow storm the other night. I worry for this little guy.

Is it also possible that the mother, father of the baby, baby, and grandma didn't have a permanent residence and were going from house to house? Or because of the snow and cold, they may have been staying somewhere else for better heat too.

There are so many holes in this situation.

I thought the same thing but this area does look like a pretty decent area so I wasn't sure.
I just think it might help to narrow it down if we knew whether the doors were locked.
"No forced entry" means different things if the doors were locked and if they weren't.

In Ramy's case the doors were locked, but Grandma knew how to get in.
If the doors were locked, we know it's likely someone close.
If they were unlocked, then it could be anyone at all. :twocents:

Obviously I don't know the friend of the other poster but Beloit is a bit rough. I would expect most people to lock their doors there. Its a town that in recent years has been hit hard by the economy and has lost jobs. But like every town, it obviously has its nicer areas.

It's also very close to lots of bigger cities and has very easy access to even larger ones. Its on the border of IL and right by Rockford. It's not too far from Madison, Milwaukee, Chicago, etc. lots of access to the interstate system.

I hope he is found unharmed. The southern part of the state had a good snow storm the other night. I worry for this little guy.

Is it also possible that the mother, father of the baby, baby, and grandma didn't have a permanent residence and were going from house to house? Or because of the snow and cold, they may have been staying somewhere else for better heat too.

There are so many holes in this situation.

I have many relatives down in the Beloit Area and non of them would ever go to bed with out locking their doors.

"Kayden's great uncle Mark Bennett last saw Brianna and the baby at 1:30 this morning after she put him down to sleep. The next thing he heard is a scream." There is more that can be read in this link that I haven't seen posted in this thread already: http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/4-day-old-infant-missing-243957021.html

So to recap who was at the house we know it was baby Kaydens his mother BM, his father BP, his Great Uncle MB. KS was also there (not sure if she should be labeled as Kaydens Aunt given how many different things I read and hear from interviews) In an interview of BM's mother TB, she stated Kayden, BM and BP were staying at her mothers but no name was given that I have read so I will just say Kaydens Great-Grandma.
[modsnip]

Thinking of you tonight, little baby. Hope you are safe, warm and fed.

For our morning arrivals so they don't have to look for this:

The next press conference is scheduled for 11am CST.
If it happens before then it's because they have Breaking News. :please:

Live Links that may or may not carry the press conference:

http://www.wkow.com/category/210335/live-streaming-on-wkowcom

http://www.wisn.com/news/watch-wisn-12-news-at-500/-/9373668/23392518/-/127wn67/-/index.html

http://www.wqow.com/category/209855/live-streaming

http://www.nbc15.com/livestream

http://fox6now.com/on-air/live-streaming/

http://www.channel3000.com/live

Thank you MsF and everyone for keeping us updated!

The reason I'm inclined to believe the mom here is the timing. He was put down around 1:30, so a 4:30 feed is pretty likely but not definite. Unless there was a reason she HAD to be awake and raise the cry at 4:30 (scheduled feeding*, somebody getting up for work, whatever), it would be completely plausible to "discover" the missing baby at 6 am or so, buying them a few more hours. "We went to bed at 1:30, and the next thing I know I wake up and the sun has already risen. I thought he'd just slept longer than usual (if indeed it was unusual- my youngest did 5-6 hour stretches at Kayden's age), but I knew he was due for a feed so I reached for him and he was gone." Nobody is going to doubt a tired new mother caught an extra 90 minutes sleep, especially if she's recovering from a c-section as speculated. It seems like there is a lot of family discord; I really do hope this is a familial abduction, or at least somebody who is motivated to keep Kayden safe. :(

*For those who aren't familiar with breastfeeding, most babies Kayden's age are fed "on demand"- that is, when they wake up and are hungry. Some people schedule feeds for a variety of reasons- convenience for them, to help with supply issues, jaundice, babies who have lost too much weight or aren't gaining enough. Unless Mom was feeding Kayden on a schedule known to others that would make missing the 4:30 feed suspicious, there's no reason she HAD to "wake up" then if she was trying to lie. Whereas if she's telling the truth, she likely woke up because it's the usual feeding time, or because her light sleeping twigged that there was something off eventually.

Ok this is the Daily Mail. They sometimes get their facts wrong but this part disturbed me. Wish we had confirmation. Also, they mention 2 family members as being questioned. One was KS. Who was the other?

The homeowner of the property where Kayden and his parents were staying is listed as 46-year-old Mark Bennett, who has a history of arrests for battery and criminal misdemeanors.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...om-leaves-police-mystified.html#ixzz2sdNcZUKV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Photos at the link. Kayden is so precious. Hope he's found safe. :please:

Also from the above link, mom, dad and baby all slept in the same room.

Do we know for a fact that mom was breastfeeding? If she pumped her breast milk, someone else in the home may have fed the baby.

oh my goodness. I really need this to have a happy ending. Don't think I can take a tragic end to a 4 day old innocent. :cry: Please, Dear Lord, Let This Baby Be Found Safe. :heartbeat:

This is awful. Poor little guy and poor parents. They look so sweet in that pic of all three of them at the hospital!

Mostly posting to mark my place for later on when on mobile, and to say i am thinking of this young little family. :cry: Thanks Ms F for all the great pics and updates!

Hmmmm Im just entering this sad story.
Yes baby cloths in the car and she is a stranger claiming to be a relative.
Strange!
Sometimes they question ppl and they have to let them go!
Maybe I watch the first 48 toooooo much lol

Wouldn't a SAR dog be able to tell if that baby was in her car?

I don't know. I'm guessing if the clothes were Kayden's the dog would alert anyway.

They have a lot of detectives working on this case. Hoping they'll find him soon

It's so frustrating when cases like these don't meet the Amber Alert criteria. There should be some other system in place. :banghead:

Well I think and this is just me!
When a person goes missing I feel every person that was last seen with them HAS to take a poly, If any one refuses that's who I would look at!.....
If my child was missing or my husband or sister or mother were missing id want everyone
to submit to a poly. the one that dosent take one has something to hide!

Rule out who u can and take it from there!
Precious time is wasted!

All JMO

Well I think and this is just me!
When a person goes missing I feel every person that was last seen with them HAS to take a poly, If any one refuses that's who I would look at!.....
If my child was missing or my husband or sister or mother were missing id want everyone
to submit to a poly. the one that dosent take one has something to hide!

Rule out who u can and take it from there!
Precious time is wasted!

All JMO

Polygraphs are unreliable. No way I'd take one.

I was a teen mom myself. I remember the baby sleeping longer and even at 16 my internal instinct would wake me up to check on the baby. In most cases, when parents have something to do with their babies disappearance they believe they are smarter and will take time to notify authorities. Also, if they wanted to harm the baby I do not believe they would go to relatives. I know that the police say they are cooperating. Not sure if this has been brought up that they may have had something to do with the babies disappearance or not. However, the whole situation at the families house sounds fishy. I do believe someone there knows something more than they let on.. Even if someone there unlocked the door so that so done else could come in and take the baby. For money?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back