GUILTY WI - Kayden Powell, 4 days, Beloit, 6 Feb 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'd join in on the suspicions if Brianna or Bruce thought Kristen was involved. But so far this is what I've found regarding their thoughts on Kristen:

His parents, who have been cooperating with police, back up her story that they were planning on moving and Smith was always planning to leave this morning.

Read more: http://wgntv.com/2014/02/07/search-on-for-wisconsin-newborn-taken-from-home/#ixzz2sefydgCK

She's 18, she's young. Apparently neither mom or dad were able to provide a home for Kayden without support from others. At 18 I was gullible and trusted people was too easily. We see people making that mistake all the time. I believe the stats of missing newborns is almost always someone wanting a child for theirself. I forget the stat's, but iirc, they are almost 100%.

My fear is that mom was too trusting and had a false sense of security because daddy is in the picture. In that case, an older person could sense vulnerability in both mom and dad here.

How and were did they meet KS? What proof exists she is related to BM's father?

There is a huge difference between naming someone a person of interest and a suspect. There are reasons why LE names someone a POI rather than a suspect, but I forget specifically what they are.

Also, I can understand not meeting a half sibling, or stp sibling, but not having any knowledge of their existence until recently? KS is older than BM. I can't imagine a situation where BM's mom and dad were together and she had no clue the man she was having a child with had a child with another woman a few years older than the child they were expecting or had.

Is KS a half or step sibling, do we know?

ETA: Sorry nurse, I posted this before seeing your post above. In many cases persons are named a person of interest long before being named a suspect. We've discussed the difference in previous threads. I will await word from you if we can discuss this case in the same manner, understanding the difference between LE naming a POI and naming a Suspect. tia!

It's quite possible that Brianna's dad was not aware of Kristen's existence when Brianna's mom & dad were together. My mom & dad were married for 11 years. 4 years after they were divorced my dad found out he had a son from a previous relationship. His son (my half brother) was 18 when we met him for the first time. This is not that uncommon.

I have a friend who discovered a half brother when she was in her 30s. Neither her mom nor her dad knew of his existence.

I have yet another friend who started dating a man only to find out some months later that he had twins from a previous one night stand.

I don't think it's that uncommon for men to be unaware of children they may have fathered. Even less uncommon that a subsequent girlfriend, wife or one night stand would be aware of his previous children.

Again, it's possible Kristen was involved, but Brianna's mom not knowing of Kristen's existence is not unfathomable.

There is a huge difference between naming someone a person of interest and a suspect. There are reasons why LE names someone a POI rather than a suspect, but I forget specifically what they are.

Also, I can understand not meeting a half sibling, or stp sibling, but not having any knowledge of their existence until recently? KS is older than BM. I can't imagine a situation where BM's mom and dad were together and she had no clue the man she was having a child with had a child with another woman a few years older than the child they were expecting or had.

Is KS a half or step sibling, do we know?

ETA: Sorry nurse, I posted this before seeing your post above. In many cases persons are named a person of interest long before being named a suspect. We've discussed the difference in other cases. I will await word from you if we can discuss this case in the same manner, understanding the difference between LE naming a POI and naming a Suspect. tia!

BBM

Probable cause is needed to name someone a suspect.

A person of interest is someone that LE wants to talk to, from there probable cause can be established and the person can become a suspect.

She's 18, she's young. Apparently neither mom or dad were able to provide a home for Kayden without support from others. At 18 I was gullible and trusted people was too easily. We see people making that mistake all the time. I believe the stats of missing newborns is almost always someone wanting a child for theirself. I forget the stat's, but iirc, they are almost 100%.

My fear is that mom was too trusting and had a false sense of security because daddy is in the picture. In that case, an older person could sense vulnerability in both mom and dad here.

How and were did they meet KS? What proof exists she is related to BM's father?

I don't disagree, but I think if KS wasn't Brianna's sister that would be made public by now.

I could be wrong in assuming that Brianna & KS have known each other for a time and only Brianna's mom hadn't met KS.

it could have been because they wanted to speak with her?

Everyone in the house would be considered a person of interest. LE has asked to speak with everyone who saw Kayden from the time he was born until he disappeared. That I recall from an earlier link upthread somewhere.

MSM has mentioned a warrant out of TX for a fraud? case not related to Kayden's disappearance, that is what she was arrested for in Iowa.

The chalk board with tip lines and stuff on it doesn't give me the warm , fuzzy feeling that any big breaks have come :(

It's quite possible that Brianna's dad was not aware of Kristen's existence when Brianna's mom & dad were together. My mom & dad were married for 11 years. 4 years after they were divorced my dad found out he had a son from a previous relationship. His son (my half brother) was 18 when we met him for the first time. This is not that uncommon.

I have a friend who discovered a half brother when she was in her 30s. Neither her mom nor her dad knew of his existence.

I have yet another friend who started dating a man only to find out some months later that he had twins from a previous one night stand.

I don't think it's that uncommon for men to be unaware of children they may have fathered. Even less uncommon that a subsequent girlfriend, wife or one night stand would be aware of his previous children.

Again, it's possible Kristen was involved, but Brianna's mom not knowing of Kristen's existence is not unfathomable.

Good points. I am curious to know if Brianna's dad is aware of Kristen's existence, and anyone related to Briana's dad aware of Kristen's existence.

Everyone in the house would be considered a person of interest. LE has asked to speak with everyone who saw Kayden from the time he was born until he disappeared. That I recall from an earlier link upthread somewhere.

MSM has mentioned a warrant out of TX for a fraud? case not related to Kayden's disappearance, that is what she was arrested for in Iowa.

yes, that was exactly what I meant (she was a person of interest because they wanted to speak with her)

this morning they said she was not a suspect

hopefully we will hear more in a bit

They need a bigger podium for all those microphones.

I predict a quick resolution to this. I would be looking at the mother and stepsister. Something is very fishy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back