GUILTY WI - Kayden Powell, 4 days, Beloit, 6 Feb 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm so relieved!!! I live very near Beloit, and I can't describe how cold it's been; my dog even has to be carried in and out because his paws start to freeze. I was so worried!!!

Can you imagine leaving a newborn baby in a tote bag at a gas station and not telling anyone, even though the baby wasn't found yet after many hours???

kayden is currently being medically assessed then he will be reunited with his family <3

So Kayden Powell was found safe?
Everything I can find about this says he is still missing. I would love it if what I am reading is wrong and they have found this little baby.

I couldn't imagion. I honestly think they would have to hopitalize me if my son went missing. I have a 7 month old son. I don't live far from where Kayden went missing. This hit to close to home. I have been worried sick about this baby sinse I heard the news.
Last night instead of putting my son in his crib he slept next to me and I held him tight. And I kept Kayden and his mommy in my prayers. I truly hope this is right and he was found safe. I am almost in tears thinking about how overjoyed his mom must be if he was in fact found safe. I sure hope so. Can't wait to hear more about his recovery.

live presser, he was found about an hour ago. Alive & well.

http://www.wkow.com/category/210335/live-streaming-on-wkowcom

He was found outside the gas station. OMG, if he hadn't been found, it's so cold up there. How on earth did he stay warm enough between yesterday and this morning?

Kayden means "fighter"... Am I correct?

(I think I remember a poster sharing this a few pages back...)

:praying: answered...

:great:

So Kayden Powell was found safe?
Everything I can find about this says he is still missing. I would love it if what I am reading is wrong and they have found this little baby.

I couldn't imagion. I honestly think they would have to hopitalize me if my son went missing. I have a 7 month old son. I don't live far from where Kayden went missing. This hit to close to home. I have been worried sick about this baby sinse I heard the news.
Last night instead of putting my son in his crib he slept next to me and I held him tight. And I kept Kayden and his mommy in my prayers. I truly hope this is right and he was found safe. I am almost in tears thinking about how overjoyed his mom must be if he was in fact found safe. I sure hope so. Can't wait to hear more about his recovery.

yes! he was found!:loveyou:

He was found outside the gas station. OMG, if he hadn't been found, it's so cold up there. How on earth did he stay warm enough between yesterday and this morning?

No one was held in custody between yesterday and this morning. Clearly Kayden was left alone during any questioning and when the perp returned they dropped him off at the gas station this morning.

LE stated they followed the exact route KS would have taken from Beloit to where she was located in Iowa. Clearly, she was staying somewhere in the area. I hope there is surveillance at the gas station to show the perp and/or the vehicle that dropped off the tote bag that held the baby.

I wonder where they stayed overnight.

Tears of joy that he would found safely. When the presser first started and they said "celebrate" I asked myself, did I just hear that right? I was not expecting them to come on and say that, but ecstatic they did.

Somewhere upthread, someone said KS was married and had 4 children. I'm going to guess that will be proven untrue.

The baby is in excellent health :loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:

This is a miracle he was found alive. A true miracle!

That's what I wondered, unfed & left outside? What were the highs yesterday? How cold last night? No one at the gas station noticed in the last 24 hours until the LE canvassed the area?

I'm wondering if KS had an accomplice.

They were asked about an accomplice but wouldn't really comment. "Ongoing investigation".

I think that she would have to have help, since Kayden is alive and found this morning, and she's been in custody since yesterday? Lots of questions...

Right now, I'm just over the moon happy, though :loveyou:

No one was held in custody between yesterday and this morning. Clearly Kayden was left alone during any questioning and when the perp returned they dropped him off at the gas station this morning.

LE stated they followed the exact route KS would have taken from Beloit to where she was located in Iowa. Clearly, she was staying somewhere in the area. I hope there is surveillance at the gas station to show the perp and/or the vehicle that dropped off the tote bag that held the baby.

I wonder where they stayed overnight.

Tears of joy that he would found safely. When the presser first started and they said "celebrate" I asked myself, did I just hear that right? I was not expecting them to come on and say that, but ecstatic they did.

Somewhere upthread, someone said KS was married and had 4 children. I'm going to guess that will be proven untrue.

Ah, okay, Cubby. I thought that KS was still in custody due to the TX warrant.

I'd like to apologize for not jumping on the KS is guilty bandwagon. You were right, I was wrong.

OMG Thank You he was found alive and well.

My apologies to hid grandmother who I suspected and was proved wrong

They were asked about an accomplice but wouldn't really comment. "Ongoing investigation".

I think that she would have to have help, since Kayden is alive and found this morning, and she's been in custody since yesterday? Lots of questions...

Right now, I'm just over the moon happy, though :loveyou:

BBM, That was my understanding as well.

OMG Happy Dance!!!! :loveyou:

When I first logged in I couldn't find him in the "missing" and my heart sunk! I checked this forum thinking the worse and found the best! Poor little wee man left in a tote bad outside....#*#! I hope the POI gets more than just kidnapping & crossing state lines...in a few hours poor little Kayden could have perished.

So happy this little one was found safe. Mom must want to kill this woman (her "sister"). I know I would. Leaving him outside? In freezing weather in a tote bag (most likely zipped closed). I guess I could be nice and be thankful that she had him swaddled, but with an infant THAT small, there was still a high chance that he could have suffocated. No doubt he was soiled which would make the swaddle/s useless against the freezing cold. How long was he out there? Nearly 24 hours or just over 24 hours?

She needs to be charged with more than kidnapping, IMO. This baby could have easily died. Easily.

This is one of those cases that makes me extremely angry and extremely happy at the same time. God Bless you Kayden. What a little fighter!! And I am so thrilled for his parents. And good job LE!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?
Back