GUILTY WI - Kayden Powell, 4 days, Beloit, 6 Feb 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.tamaraberg.com/teaching/Fall_12/wordspics/hw/hw3/tote.jpg

That is a tote ^ in my world.

A bin and a duffel bag are completely different.

A plastic bin is a plastic storage bin or container. They couldn't have taken a picture for us?

yes, this! I think of my "beach tote" it's big enough to carry everything short of my 50 lb preschooler :)

PS, ETA, strike that. totally wrong comparison in this case. (open mouth, insert foot)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

This article just updated in the last 5 minutes to include the plastic tote wording:

Kayden was found inside of a tote bag, swaddled in clothes and blankets. That tote bag was outside according to officials at the press conference. Scanner traffic audio attached above says the baby was found in a plastic tote.

http://www.wkow.com/story/24663867/2014/02/07/baby-kayden-found-alive-in-iowa

Yes I've been hitting refresh every few minutes to see who charges were filed against.

We've had a wind chill advisory since Tuesday night. It's been -10 - -20 and with wind chills close to -30. You let your kids play for a couple hours in negative temps? Even the nightly news here says frost bite and hypothermia can occur in less than 30 minutes. No way a 5 day old was left for 24 hours. IMO

I thought she was arrested this morning and he was found 5 hours later. To answer your question though....my 8 year old is expected to still play hockey outside when it's -10 (up to -25 a couple weeks ago for an outdoor tourney) His elementary school still has outside recess. Obviously, they are layered up and moving around. I guess we'll just have to see what info comes out. He could've been found in an outside accessed heated bathroom for all we know. Just glad he's ok.

He was found at a different gas station from the one she was arrested at.

some gas stations have names that are related but not the same and can be held under another franchise...:twocents:

Sorry, yes I understand that. But in this particular case, the pics from where KS was arrested clearly show the red *advertiser censored* & Go building, whereas the pics from where Kayden was discovered clearly show the green & yellow BP building.

Police said they contacted Smith, who is from Denver, Colorado, by phone and then in person at the *advertiser censored* and Go along Interstate 80 in West Branch, Iowa. Smith was arrested on an unrelated Texas warrant about an hour after Kayden was reported missing.

Kayden was reportedly swaddled in blankets inside a tote or duffel bag at a BP gas station near I-80, across the street from the location where Smith was arrested a day earlier.

http://wqad.com/2014/02/07/missing-wisconsin-baby-found-in-west-branch-iowa/

This makes me think KS finally told them where to find the baby. JMHO

Either that or KS's cell phone pings placed KS at that gas station for before meeting with the officer at the K&G across the interstate where she was taken into custody.

LE could have gotten the cell phone ping information to see where KS might of stopped along her route to check such things at rest stop trash cans, rest rooms or truck stop/gas stations.

JMO

n~t you dint! :drumroll:

is the *advertiser censored* and go (gosh I hate even writing that!) even a bp?

The K&G where KS was arrested

nmb0.jpg

The BP gas station where Kayden was found

0fo8.jpg

They are less than 1/2 a mile from each other

I thought she was arrested this morning and he was found 5 hours later. To answer your question though....my 8 year old is expected to still play hockey outside when it's -10 (up to -25 a couple weeks ago for an outdoor tourney) His elementary school still has outside recess. Obviously, they are layered up and moving around. I guess we'll just have to see what info comes out. He could've been found in an outside accessed heated bathroom for all we know. Just glad he's ok.

Baby found 29 hours after Kristen was arrested.

Why wouldn't you just check there immediately upon arresting her?
We immediately expressed concern they had called and given her a heads up!
We said she had time to hide the baby and they should check everywhere.

I do not understand... I would have checked if this case was local to me!
I can't believe no one thought "I wonder" and went out there during the 29 hours!

Kayden traveled from Beloit, Wisconsin and there is no reason to think he was in an infant seat. How was he kept from rolling onto the floor in the event of a sudden stop? Perhaps the bin/tote was with the person who was travelling with the baby.

"Gas station manager Jay Patel says the baby was found in a closed, gray plastic storage bin and that the FBI took it and surveillance video from the station." http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/4-day-old-infant-missing-from-Beloit-home-243973821.html?ref=821

Why wouldn't you just check there immediately upon arresting her?
We immediately expressed concern they had called and given her a heads up!
We said she had time to hide the baby and they should check everywhere.

I do not understand... I would have checked if this case was local to me!
I can't believe no one thought "I wonder" and went out there during the 29 hours!

No one heard him crying?

Or are those the 2 separate ones? One she was arrested at and one he was found at?
She was arrested at the *advertiser censored* & Go on the south side of I-80, and he was found at the BP on the north side of I-80. I-80 is a four-lane interstate, and these locations are about .3 mile from each other. (There's a map and info posted somewhere back there.)

I just can't figure out where she could have left this baby if not directly outside. Here is a link to the aerial view of the BP:

https://www.google.com/maps/preview/@41.6665714,-91.3460249,125m/data=!3m1!1e3

There do not appear to be outside bathroom doors from the street view. There is a car wash building, but I doubt it was heated. There are two outbuildings out back but they don't appear to be part of the gas station, the parking lot appears to be blocked off to get to them. It would still be possible, though

Kayden traveled from Beloit, Wisconsin and there is no reason to think he was in an infant seat. How was he kept from rolling onto the floor in the event of a sudden stop? Perhaps the bin/tote was with the person who was travelling with the baby.

"Gas station manager Jay Patel says the baby was found in a closed, gray plastic storage bin and that the FBI took it and surveillance video from the station." http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/4-day-old-infant-missing-from-Beloit-home-243973821.html?ref=821

In mom's fb selfie posted below, there's a gray plastic bin in the background.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saygoodbyetohollywood
Back