GUILTY WI - Kayden Powell, 4 days, Beloit, 6 Feb 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not in my opinion.
You wake up when you don't hear the baby since most don't sleep through the night.
And if you are breastfeeding then you wake up when it's time to feed the baby.
Not to mention 6 days postpartum you are still bleeding and likely waking up to change your pads.

FWIW... Most days I am waking up at 4:30 a.m.... And additional times...

and I have a puppy... :beagle:

This case is so confusing. Who does mom live with ? Where is baby's daddy? Who was at the home that night? Who is KS? Was she there the night before?

Also, a 5 day old baby doesn't sleep through the night. Why was he only found missing at 4:30 am ? Was KS the last person to leave? What time?

All of those answers are in the thread, I promise. Let me know if you have other questions. :seeya:

Mom was staying with her Grandmother and Uncle, she still lives with Mom.

The baby's Daddy was there when he was born and has been there since from what I can tell.

The baby's Mom, Dad, Uncle and Great Grandmother were there when he disappeared.
4 other people had been there in the 12 hours before he disappeared.

I'm sure that Brianna was visiting with her sister and likely stayed up till she left after midnight.
She is breastfeeding, I doubt she slept more than a few hours before waking up.

KS is Brianna's half sister who was there visiting from Colorado. She has a husband and kids it appears.
KS was the last to leave between midnight - 4am to go home to Colorado.
Her leaving at that time was planned and not sudden.
We haven't been given an exact time, but it was after midnight and before he was reported missing.

Police questioned her and searched her car in Iowa and found a warrant for her, so she was arrested.
She is not a suspect or person of interest in Kayden's disappearance, she had a warrant for fraud.

WBAY-TV 2 ‏@WBAY 6m

A woman was questioned about the disappearance of a Wis. new born: not deemed person of interest after questioning

http://www.wbay.com/story/24651764/update-newborn-boy-missing-from-town-of-beloit

This case is so confusing. Who does mom live with ? Where is baby's daddy? Who was at the home that night? Who is KS? Was she there the night before?

Also, a 5 day old baby doesn't sleep through the night. Why was he only found missing at 4:30 am ? Was KS the last person to leave? What time?
Mom lives with her mom. Her mom was sick so she sent mom and baby over to grandmothers house. Baby dad was sleeping in the house with mom. In the house was mom, dad , KS who left early, mom's uncle and mom's grandmother. KS is suppose to be a older half sister on baby mom's side
I think this is correct from reading this thread and the scanner

Completely normal. In fact, the first time your baby sleeps more than 1.5-2hours at a time, you wake up COMPLETELY startled and terrified only to rush to the baby to find he's still sound asleep.

Additionally... We don't know what time mom and baby went to bed the night before...

4:30 a.m. may have been like "sleeping in" for this tired new mom... :sleep:

JMO

The baby was last seen by mom at 1:30 am. Mom woke up at 4:30 am and baby was gone

The baby was last seen by mom at 1:30 am. Mom woke up at 4:30 am and baby was gone

Police in Iowa took the baby's aunt into custody later Thursday for questioning. She had been visiting the residence at 836 E. Homeland Court and left at about 1:30 a.m. Thursday. That was about the last time people at the residence saw the baby, Kopp said.

http://www.gazettextra.com/article/20140206/ARTICLES/140209840

So they last saw the baby when KS left, which was what I was thinking.
So only 3 hours... Mom likely woke up because she needed to feed baby. :please:

Haven't read every post, but have they said the last time the baby was seen before 4:30am?

Police were trying to locate anyone who had any contact with Kaden Powell since he was born Saturday, town of Beloit Police Chief Steve Kopp said.

From the link just posted above...

All of those answers are in the thread, I promise. Let me know if you have other questions. :seeya:

Mom was staying with her Grandmother and Uncle, she still lives with Mom.

The baby's Daddy was there when he was born and has been there since from what I can tell.

The baby's Mom, Dad, Uncle and Great Grandmother were there when he disappeared.
4 other people had been there in the 12 hours before he disappeared.

I'm sure that Brianna was visiting with her sister and likely stayed up till she left after midnight.
She is breastfeeding, I doubt she slept more than a few hours before waking up.

KS is Brianna's half sister who was there visiting from Colorado. She has a husband and kids it appears.
KS was the last to leave between midnight - 4am to go home to Colorado.
Her leaving at that time was planned and not sudden.
We haven't been given an exact time, but it was after midnight and before he was reported missing.

Police questioned her and searched her car in Iowa and found a warrant for her, so she was arrested.
She is not a suspect or person of interest in Kayden's disappearance, she had a warrant for fraud.

WBAY-TV 2 ‏@WBAY 6m

A woman was questioned about the disappearance of a Wis. new born: not deemed person of interest after questioning

http://www.wbay.com/story/24651764/update-newborn-boy-missing-from-town-of-beloit

Thanks.

Ok so KS is ruled out. There is mom dad grandma and uncle left in the home after KS left.

I don't believe this baby was snatched. Something happened inside that home.

Who entertains until 1:30 am when you just had a baby days earlier ? That's insane.

He doesn't look like a small baby so may not have been having lots of feeds.
Maybe mum fed him just before midnight. I used to feed mine late and then they would sleep through. top up we called it. I know one of mine used to sleep until 6.00am when she came out of hospital. I have also been one of those mums that has jumped up in a panic when she had not woken up. I am from the old school. Feed them when they are hungry and not wake them to feed. I am a mother of 4. Had my first at 19.

Police in Iowa took the baby's aunt into custody later Thursday for questioning. She had been visiting the residence at 836 E. Homeland Court and left at about 1:30 a.m. Thursday. That was about the last time people at the residence saw the baby, Kopp said.

http://www.gazettextra.com/article/20140206/ARTICLES/140209840

So they last saw the baby when KS left, which was what I was thinking.
So only 3 hours... Mom likely woke up because she needed to feed baby. :please:

Per link above:

quote: "the parents had been staying at the residence because a person who lives with them at their Beloit home was ill and they didn't want to expose the newborn baby to the sick person."

So... I take from this that Brianna and baby Dad stayed at another residence (B's grandma) because there was a sick person in the house in which they ORIGINALLY lived......so as to prevent exposure to illness...

JMO

Brianna's mother was sick, she is the one they didn't want to get the baby sick.
I am guessing Brianna fed him at 1:30am and then went to bed. :twocents:

Who entertains until 1:30 am when you just had a baby days earlier ? That's insane.

I was 18 when my daughter was born and had no issue staying up that late.
I felt perfectly fine after giving birth the first time, I was not totally exhausted or sore or anything.

We drove 2 hours one way to see my in laws the day I got out of the hospital.
I didn't work so it wasn't a big deal to stay up till 2am and sleep when baby did. :twocents:

Thanks.

Ok so KS is ruled out. There is mom dad grandma and uncle left in the home after KS left.

I don't believe this baby was snatched. Something happened inside that home.

I find it hard to believe that 14 hours at the police station wouldn't have revealed that.
Mom is 18, she very likely would have cracked.
Both parents have been 100% cooperative and haven't left the police station.
There is no hint from law enforcement that they suspect either parent.

I kind of feel like at only 5 days old the baby is still "new and exciting."
They are staying with great grandma and an uncle... 5 other people have been visiting.
There was plenty of people visiting and I'm sure offering to help.

I am not getting a "parental involvement" vibe from this case at all.
Just my opinion though. :twocents:

I was 18 when my daughter was born and had no issue staying up that late.
I felt perfectly fine after giving birth the first time, I was not totally exhausted or sore or anything.

We drove 2 hours one way to see my in laws the day I got out of the hospital.
I didn't work so it wasn't a big deal to stay up till 2am and sleep when baby did. :twocents:

This. Exactly. By the time I had my fourth at 32, I could still do it but tended to do it less often. LOL

Per link above:

quote: "the parents had been staying at the residence because a person who lives with them at their Beloit home was ill and they didn't want to expose the newborn baby to the sick person."

So... I take from this that Brianna and baby Dad stayed at another residence (B's grandma) because there was a sick person in the house in which they ORIGINALLY lived......so as to prevent exposure to illness...

JMO
Baby dad did not live at the same residence as mom. Grandmother did not seem to like him and would not let him come over.
I do not know nor have I seen anything on where he lives or his family.

The house Kayden disappeared from. (You can verify the address on the mailbox.)
It's very well maintained and decorated.
I am loving this little neighborhood... I love small houses. :seeya:

https://www.google.com/maps?q=+836+...+53511&t=h&z=17&panoid=BHxl3sQQCS6oTMHdRAy-pw

The houses in this area seem to be 3 bed 1 bath and 800 to 1200 square feet.
I can't find that specific one to verify or get square footage.

If everyone in that house is innocent, they need to look for someone who has a new baby. Maybe someone claiming to have adopted. Or someone neighbors don't remember ever having been pregnant. Or would someone have sold the baby? And where do you advertise something like that?

Riddle me this? (Southernism), my baby is 33 and I have forgotten even though I breast fed... Doesn't Mom's breast milk come down with a flourish when baby is about Kayden's age? I remember the first 3 days are the antibodies and nursing helps to heal her body but I also remember the latch-on nipple pain (blisters) and cramps for a few days but the only solution for me was to nurse more. Poor Mom!

I honestly don't remember. I know with my kaden I never got my milk in. With my youngest (that I had at 21 and I'm now 35) it seems like it was by the time I got home *day 3* it had come in. I never breastfed my sons so I have no idea. I just know that my breasts hurt SO bad that the home nurse aide said "oh honey! They are square!" lol

Are they hinting that someone had faked a pregnancy and plotted to take him? How incredibly horrifying! Let's hope though that IS the case and Kayden is being fed, bathed and cuddled. I can't stomach to think of the alternative.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling
Back