GUILTY WI - Kayden Powell, 4 days, Beloit, 6 Feb 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/4-day-old-infant-missing-243962711.html - "There was no forced entry into the home."

I've watched the grandma's interview several times. http://www.wkow.com/category/135153/video-landing-page?clipId=9811744&autostart=true ~3 minute interview~

2:04, she mentions a strange girl suddenly coming around and claiming to be her daughter's sister. And moving Kayden and his parents to Colorado.

2:20, she says they got her daughter's stuff yesterday.

----

Hopefully Kayden will be brought home soon.

Brianna agreed apparently, because she appears to have this girl listed as her sister on facebook. :twocents:
The Grandma also mentioned this girl being in the military or something.
I'm not sure if KS is in the military or only her husband, I'm not clear on that.

Is it 32 minutes until the press conference?

Yep, I am watching this station:

http://www.wisn.com/news/watch-wisn-12-news-at-500/-/9373668/23392518/-/127wn67/-/index.html

I will probably stick with this one but there are other links above for others. :seeya:

Christina Palladino ‏@cdino22 1m

Media lining up in #Beloit in front of police dept to get update on the case of a missing infant. #WISN12 pic.twitter.com/bWKTLBz5Tk

Maximilian Hess ‏@max_hess 44s

Tons of crews on scene and we're right in the middle of it w/ team coverage from Beloit. #nbc15 pic.twitter.com/UcaKL8wbrx

Dannika Lewis ‏@DannikaLewis 2m

Last we heard from the chief, no leads on where the 5-day-old baby could be.

Dannika Lewis ‏@DannikaLewis 2m

Last we heard from the chief, no leads on where the 5-day-old baby could be.

If someone did in fact take the baby, someone knows who suddenly appears with a newborn! Who is buying diapers and formula in town that does not have a baby?
Anything strange happen at the hospital?
Did anyone recently lose a baby or have a miscarriage that knows them or their family?

Police Chief:

Reviewing the facts of the case...
Officers are in the process of identifying, locating and interviewing family and friends.
The home/crime scene is still being processed.
Listing who is assisting.

Kayden's parents have been at the police department all day and continue to cooperate.

Still no suspects and NO ARRESTS have been made.

Next update at 11am tomorrow.
Unless there are breaking developments, they will get that information out sooner.

Sheriff:

Have committed our entire detective unit, special victims unit and part of it's patrol to this case.
If you have any information or have observed something suspicious please call law enforcement.
They are receiving leads at a very rapid pace and are looking into all of them.

Reassuring people that they are using EVERY resource they possibly can.
Please keep the family and infant boy in your thoughts and prayers.

WKOW 27 ‏@WKOW 2m
Rock Co. Sheriff Robert Spoden: Receiving numerous leads at rapid rate in disappearance of 5-day-old Kayden Powell

I am wondering about the unrelated fraud warrant. KS recently introduced herself to Brianna as a half sister through their mutual father? I wonder how recently? KS is in a position to move 2 adults and an infant to Colorado? That seems to suggest KS is financially stable, maybe not but it sounds like she was willing to bring this family of 3 into her home without the adults having employment? Again I'm wondering what the fraud charge is about and why she didn't resolve the issue before a warrant was issued. I think KS is interesting and maybe LE does too, even though she is not a POI at this time.

I wish they had been more specific...

"If someone you know has a baby and never appeared pregnant...
Or had a "sudden" adoption today...
Or if you see someone buying baby supplies that does not have a baby...
Please give us a call."

They really need to spell it out for people. Time is crucial here, babies change SO fast. :please:

vosv.jpg

After listening to Grandmother's interview, it sounds like she does not like baby's father! This case is getting suspicious.

My oldest son was quiet, slept through the night - the entire 9 yards (I just turned 17 when I had him). Best newborn! My youngest? You couldn't even breathe without him waking up. Now they are opposite.

This is just awful! I remember being a young mother with the world telling me I'd fail. I can't even imagine something like this happening when you had set out to do it all right. To be 5 days post delivery, the uterine cramps, the sore breasts, the hormones and this?! That poor young woman. I hope someone is comforting her. Every time her milk pains start it's a reminder there's no baby to feed.

Riddle me this? (Southernism), my baby is 33 and I have forgotten even though I breast fed... Doesn't Mom's breast milk come down with a flourish when baby is about Kayden's age? I remember the first 3 days are the antibodies and nursing helps to heal her body but I also remember the latch-on nipple pain (blisters) and cramps for a few days but the only solution for me was to nurse more. Poor Mom!

Where did this couple plan on living after baby was born? Sounded like BM still lived at home, where did BP live? Where are his parents in all this?

If KS knew she had a warrant out, was she brave or dumb for flagging police down?

Where did this couple plan on living after baby was born? Sounded like BM still lived at home, where did BP live? Where are his parents in all this?

If KS knew she had a warrant out, was she brave or dumb for flagging police down?

People have incriminated themselves in other crimes while trying to help finding missing people.
They made the missing person their priority and didn't care about their drugs or warrants.

It's possible KS did not know she had a warrant.
Or it's possible when she found out the baby was missing she didn't CARE she had a warrant. :twocents:

Riddle me this? (Southernism), my baby is 33 and I have forgotten even though I breast fed... Doesn't Mom's breast milk come down with a flourish when baby is about Kayden's age? I remember the first 3 days are the antibodies and nursing helps to heal her body but I also remember the latch-on nipple pain (blisters) and cramps for a few days but the only solution for me was to nurse more. Poor Mom!

You are correct Southsleuth.
I certainly hope somebody brought her a REALLY good pump...
or she is going to be even more miserable by now! :please:

After listening to Grandmother's interview, it sounds like she does not like baby's father! This case is getting suspicious.

How does that make the case suspicious?
Many parents don't like their daughter's boyfriends especially when they have babies!

Grandma found out through a text message and then the cops knocked on her door.
That is freaking awful.

I don't really understand the point of not allowing the baby's father to stay there.
I mean at that point there is already a baby, so it's kind of pointless to keep them apart.
I'd probably just keep the whole little family with me so I could keep an eye on everything.

Maybe the plan to move to Colorado had something to do with Grandma not liking the Dad.
That'd probably be pretty hard on Brianna...
Wanting to be around Grandma with the baby yet Grandma not allowing the Dad to be there.

It's starting to sound like they have cleared KS.
They said NO suspects and NO arrests in the press conference.

Then according to this article she is no longer even a person of interest:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/vi...59/Woman-questioned-about-missing-Wis-newborn

Police say a woman who had been at a southern Wisconsin home where a 5-day-old infant disappeared
has been questioned but is not a person of interest in the case.

Dan Plutchak ‏@DanPlutchak 27m

Town of Beloit press conference summary: No new news in the case of the missing 5-day old.

This case is so confusing. Who does mom live with ? Where is baby's daddy? Who was at the home that night? Who is KS? Was she there the night before?

Also, a 5 day old baby doesn't sleep through the night. Why was he only found missing at 4:30 am ? Was KS the last person to leave? What time?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugar4Mama
Back