WI WI - Kayla Berg, 15, Wausau, 11 Aug 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey jash-I hope she left voluntarily and is somewhere safe as well. I dont know how high risk she was and if she had friends who would have hidden her for this long. I would think that she would want to be completing her senior (?) year of school...isnt that what high school is all about...reaching the top of the heap?

Hey believe....I know it's hinkey that the guy dropped her off at some condemned house, but they had been smoking pot supposedly, he led the police to the house after describing it accurately, and well, maybe she DID tell him to drop her off there. Maybe that's where she met up with whoever she took off with. There had been alot of upheaval in her life in the previous months, moving away, unhappiness in new place, moving back, older boyfriend, etc. etc. I'm just really hoping like I said that she did take off to get away from there. I find it hard to believe she felt that significant, loved, or wanted, when no one had bothered to even talk to her for 6 days! So frustrating.

A few thoughts:

1.) The CNN article says that her friends have not been cooperative. Why? If we assume that the only people involved in this are Kayla, KK, and possibly the boyfriend, why are the others not speaking up? Are they friends with KK too and care more about protecting him?

2.) I would be interested in knowing if Kayla ever smoked pot or did any other drugs before 8/11. I am not very familiar with pot but if your body is too "weak" for it, can it kill you? If that was the first time she smoked it, could it of had a deadly affect on her?

3.) I've read a lot of articles about the case but I haven't heard anything about the boyfriend. It's just that KK dropped Kayla off in front of the home where the boyfriend was supposed to be. Was the boyfriend there? Was he planning on meeting her? I would think that if he was 100% innocent and his girlfriend never showed up, he would call her home phone (since she didn't have a cell) or try to contact her another way.

A few thoughts:

1.) The CNN article says that her friends have not been cooperative. Why? If we assume that the only people involved in this are Kayla, KK, and possibly the boyfriend, why are the others not speaking up? Are they friends with KK too and care more about protecting him?

2.) I would be interested in knowing if Kayla ever smoked pot or did any other drugs before 8/11. I am not very familiar with pot but if your body is too "weak" for it, can it kill you? If that was the first time she smoked it, could it of had a deadly affect on her?

3.) I've read a lot of articles about the case but I haven't heard anything about the boyfriend. It's just that KK dropped Kayla off in front of the home where the boyfriend was supposed to be. Was the boyfriend there? Was he planning on meeting her? I would think that if he was 100% innocent and his girlfriend never showed up, he would call her home phone (since she didn't have a cell) or try to contact her another way.

Weed is not fatal. The only way she would have had a fatal reaction is if the weed was laced with something else (coke, heroin, acid).

She might have had a life-threatening reaction if she was asthmatic but I haven't read that she was.

I've never really believed the Wausau story, but with so little other info to go on, who knows? Glad to see tips are still coming in, generating the dog search. Again, thanks to all of you for your interest.

Did KK have an interest in Kayla? Sounds like a very nice guy to drive her all that distance just to see a boyfriend. I'm not saying that there aren't nice guys out there- just that he surely had affection for her to go such a distance. If he had that affection for her, he would have waited to make sure she got in okay.

I don't buy the "I smoked pot and didn't want anyone to know" line. As anyone who has smoked pot knows, it is fairly easy to hide and certainly wouldn't preclude you from watching a friend go into a house.

All of this is just my opinion.

http://www.waow.com/Global/story.asp?S=13334381

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 10:38 PM EDT
by Brittany Earl

ANTIGO(WAOW)--Hearing stories about the disappearance of Stephanie Low only reminds Hope Spranger, that her daughter Kayla Berg is still missing.

Spranger watches the news every night in search of information about her daughter, Kayla Berg who went missing over a year ago. That's why when Spranger saw stories about Stephanie Low, the Wausau women whose been missing since Sunday pop up on TV, old nightmares resurfaced.

Holidays a painful time for families of missing persons

Hope Sprenger and Claudia Blake both had the same wish on their Christmas lists this year, and neither was able to cross it off: They wanted their daughters back.

The disappearances of Sprenger's daughter, Kayla Berg, 17, of Antigo and Blake's daughter, Stephanie Low, 22, of Wausau have put a damper on Christmas for the two girls' families. The girls' return, an arrest or a big break in the investigation of their disappearances does not appear to be imminent, leaving the families this holiday season to wonder what has happened and where on Earth their daughters might be.

More: http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/ar...-painful-time-for-families-of-missing-persons

Holidays a painful time for families of missing persons

Hope Sprenger and Claudia Blake both had the same wish on their Christmas lists this year, and neither was able to cross it off: They wanted their daughters back.

The disappearances of Sprenger's daughter, Kayla Berg, 17, of Antigo and Blake's daughter, Stephanie Low, 22, of Wausau have put a damper on Christmas for the two girls' families. The girls' return, an arrest or a big break in the investigation of their disappearances does not appear to be imminent, leaving the families this holiday season to wonder what has happened and where on Earth their daughters might be.

More: http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/ar...-painful-time-for-families-of-missing-persons

HLN to feature case of missing Antigo teen Friday night

There are no new leads in the case of Kayla Berg who disappeared in August of 2009. The case gets national attention Friday as America's Missing on HLN airs her story from 8-9 p.m.

More: http://www.waow.com/Global/story.asp?S=14324574

HLN will feature segment on Kayla Berg

Kayla Berg of Antigo vanished a year and a half ago. On Friday night, Headline News will feature her story.

Kayla's mom, Hope Sprenger, said representatives from HLN contacted her about doing a two-minute segment about the missing teen.

More: http://www.waow.com/Global/story.asp?S=14317984

KK changed lawyers from a local general practice attorney who helped him with a couple prior minor pot busts to a high profile WI criminal defense attorney:

http://www.vanwagnerwood.com/Bio/ChristopherVanWagner.asp

He also has a couple of credit card default judgments against him recently to tune of 12 grand or so, so I wonder how he is paying for the new attorney.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/pager.do;jsessionid=9CE816A08BC4E2C0B1709D8C130BE087.render6?cacheId=5FD79698D263F45AEBBBE0E95F848719&offset=0&sortColumn=0&sortDirection=DESC

The next hearing is 4/8/11 on a motion but doesn't indicate what type of motion.

That change of attorney makes me believe he is prepping for more significant charges or working on a deal of some sort.

Agreed-although sometimes dropping an attorney and hiring a new one can be a ploy to get an extension on a hearing...the new attorney has to get "up to speed" to accurately represent his/her client.

Let's hope a deal is in the works and Kayla is brought home somehow.

I am working with Kayla's Mom on an event to focus Kayla's missing status. It will be held on April 14th. April is sure to be an emotional month for her. Please wish us well in getting the news out and keeping Kayla's face and story in the public eye.

I am so grateful to all of my fellow Websleuther's for keeping Kayla close to their hearts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Desireh
Back