WI WI - Kelly Nolan, 22, Madison, 23 Jun 2007 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A suspect has been arrested in the black SUV incidents, but nothing new on Kelly Nolen.

Cap Times

Teen nabbed in west side enticing
Samara Kalk Derby
October 30, 2007

A 17-year-old Madisonian has been arrested on a tentative charge of child enticement after a series of suspicious contacts he allegedly made with girls and women on the city's west side.
A Madison police officer on routine patrol just after 5 p.m. Friday pulled over Sean C. Lynch in the 3100 block of Muir Field Road. The officer recognized the vehicle Lynch was driving -- a black Toyota 4Runner -- as possibly being the same SUV that had been observed by several women who had been approached in recent weeks by a man seeking directions.
The charge of child enticement stems from a 12-year-old who was asked directions to the Star Cinema on Oct. 12.
Lynch is also under investigation for other contacts with west side women, and additional charges are likely. He has also been tentatively charged with operating with a suspended license and improper use of registration.

Does anyone else find it odd that the suspect arrested was 17 years old, but all descriptions given stated that he appeared to be 25-28 years old? Also, this is the first I have heard about him trying to entice a minor. All previous reports gave the impression that the suspect was trying to go after woman (meaning adult woman). You'd think LE would have wanted to send out an alert that the SUV was also going after children.

Maybe I missed something.

Does anyone else find it odd that the suspect arrested was 17 years old, but all descriptions given stated that he appeared to be 25-28 years old? Also, this is the first I have heard about him trying to entice a minor. All previous reports gave the impression that the suspect was trying to go after woman (meaning adult woman). You'd think LE would have wanted to send out an alert that the SUV was also going after children.

Maybe I missed something.

Yes, I do find it odd. He hasn't been charged (that we know of), so it might not even be the right guy. Although, his attempts at luring/grabbing women were apparently very clumsy. Age and inexperience would definitely account for that.

I did read that one of the women he was stalking was underage, but that wasn't a major focus of any of the news stories.

This must have been an awful holiday for her family. They are in my thoughts. I think of Kelly often and cannot believe we have not seen any progress in her case for so long.

I hope LE is keeping the family more up to date on the investigation than they are the public.

Are any of the old local posters around that might have an update on this case?

Just wondering, did they ever release "cause of death" on Kelly?

It's been awhile. Did they ever ID the man she left with??

Nothing new, but this is the first coverage I've seen in a long time. It's basically a whole article on why they're not saying anything...

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=709323

Authorities remain quiet on student's death

Investigation still active, they say

Associated Press

Posted: Jan. 21, 2008

Town of Dunn - Authorities still are not saying much about their investigation into the death of a 22-year-old University of Wisconsin-Whitewater student in the Madison area last summer.

If they released SOMETHING for the public to go on, they might stand a chance of eventually solving this case. I don't believe for a minute they are still following up leads. Where did they get those leads and when? Last year? I can't imagine tips are still coming in and they should have exhausted those initial leads months ago. The forensic testing should all be complete by now, too.

I think about Kelly Nolan very often. I'm astounded as to why the public isn't calling for answers. I sent another round of emails to our local talk radio hosts, asking them to talk about her in the hopes of lighting a fire under the police to release some information. There's a killer running around on campus, and the community SHOULD be nervous.

((((Mssheila)))) So glad to see you!

I think about Kelly Nolan alot myself and wonder what is going on there. I guess this case will never go away for me knowing other female students are as much of a target now as she was then. LE doesn't seem concerned about that factor and the college, of course, doesn't want it to be upfront in the minds of the parents who are paying those high tuitions for their daughters to go to school there!

Can you help me track down some information on a man I think they should take a closer look at? I would have asked sooner, but you were gone. I want to know more about the fireman who had a breakdown and took off with his children at the time Kelly was missing. They had an Amber Alert out for him and found them safe, but this really stood out in my mind.

There's a killer running around on campus, and the community SHOULD be nervous.
I got the email below from UW this afternoon. It looks like there may be even more reseaon to be nervous, MSSHEILA. They haven't released many details yet, but her name is Brittany Sue Zimmermann. The fact that they're deploying extra units downtown doesn't fill me with great confidence. I guess they don't have an idea yet whether this was a "domestic" homicide or not. There were reports of yelling in the neighborhood last night. I used to live about 50ft away from Brittany's home and I have a friend who lives next door! No way to know if this is connected to Kelly Nolan or not, it just reminded me of poor her.
The University of Wisconsin Police Department is adding extra patrols and asking for vigilance in the wake of the death of a young woman in the 500 block of West Doty Street in Downtown Madison. Madison Police Department is identifying the victim as a UW-Madison student. Dean of Students Lori Berquam is urging all students to pay close attention to personal safety and to check in with a parent or family member.All evening events and classes are continuing as scheduled, however members of the campus community are urged to walk in groups or take advantage of SAFEwalk and SAFEride programs available on campus. Call (608) 262-5000 for detailed information.If you are a student interested in crisis support as a result of this, or any other situation, call University Health Services Counseling and Consultation Services <http://www.uhs.wisc.edu/home.jsp?cat_id=36> 24-hour crisis line, (608) 265-5600, or the Offices of the Dean of Students <http://www.wisc.edu/students/>, (608) 263-5700.If you are a faculty or staff member in need of counseling, the Employee Assistance Office <http://eao.wisc.edu> can be reached at (608) 263-2987.If you have any information about this case, please call Crime Stoppers at (608) 266-6014. For additional information as it becomes available, visit Wisc.edu <http://www.wisc.edu> or local media.

They are calling it a HOMICIDE.

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=4/2/2008&id=37877

Madison cops are going to take some SERIOUS heat over this. I believe the last murder on campus before Kelly was a drug shooting in 1997 (UW student was dealing). Before that... who knows...

My money is on some crazy who is trying to copy the killer from the 60's.

MsSheila - you be careful!! I missed you... PM me if you feel like it.

More info -

http://www.madison.com/tct/news/280050

Weapon was a knife. "Chest trauma" is tentatively id'ed as cause of death.

She's from Marshfield - a smaller town in the middle of the state. Good sized town in the middle of a rural area... Maybe the 10th largest city in the state.

Doty Street is in the heart of campus.

She had a fiancee.

The murder is the city's second this year, following the January stabbing death of Joel Marino in his South Side home, which police said also could have been random. Police have not made an arrest in that murder.
Wray said while police cannot rule out a connection, at this point in the investigation there is no reason to believe Zimmermann's killing is related to the murder of Marino or of Kelly Nolan, a UW-Whitewater student who was last seen on State Street in June before her body was found in a wooded area in the town of Dunn in July.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/topstories/280001

The only new info I saw this AM was that she lived in the apartment with her fiance.

Her fiance has not been quoted in the paper at all, nor have the papers reported anything about his whereabouts.

OMG! Have we already started a thread on those two murders? They won't give a connection even if they find one as we have well learned from Kelly's case.

Police were investigating whether there was a connection between Zimmermann's death and an incident just before 1 p.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of West Washington Avenue in which a man entered a house shared by several UW-Madison students. The man left quickly after one of the students told him to leave, other residents of the house said.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/topstories/280001

This should produce a sketch, at least. They need to concentrate on this person as a POI.

(also posted on Zimmermann's thread)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back