WI WI - Kelly Nolan, 22, Madison, 23 Jun 2007 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When there is absolutely no buzz about someone she could have been involved with or no indication that she had a problem with another individual then we have to look at this as random. Random means this could be a serial killer or for sure a predator. The people that commit these crimes have some sort of odd behavior generally speaking so someone local must have noticed something about a person they encountered. We don't live in a shell...so this person had some contact with others...clerk in a store, repair/maintenance person etc. There is something not being noticed or given weight.

Hi - new to the board. Live in Madison. Here's a link from yesterday's Wisconsin State Journal regarding Kelly.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/291466

WIF, welcome! Keeping this article to the publics attention, is the first step in awareness. All the murders in Madison in the last year are unsolved.

The FBI and LE need to start working on a connection.

I believe that Kelly knew her killer.

I also believe that Joel and Brittany were killed by another person/perhaps 2 persons.

As painful as it is for Kelly's mother (I understand), her words are very important.

Thanks for sharing.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/291466

In a news release, Madison police are asking the public to call Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014 if anyone has noticed any "sudden lifestyle changes in persons ... which would have surfaced since the time of Kelly Nolan's disappearance."
Examples provided by police of such lifestyle changes include relocating away from the Madison area with little notice, unexpectedly seeking a new job, quitting school or changing schools without prior notice and showing an unusually keen interest in news about the killing.

The above quote is from that same article that WI Friend listed. I have an unusually keen interest in news about the killing; as much as anyone else who has posted. I'm hoping that it doesn't make me (or anyone else who's posted) a suspect any more than I hope it's not an attempt to scare any would-be sleuths away from trying to solve a crime on a board.

I find it hard to believe that "investigators had spoken with 590 people and followed up on 200 leads in the year since Kelly Nolan's death." and haven't come up with even one suspect.

On July 4, 2001, Crystal Ann Arensdorf, a blonde Caucasian female was drinking at Knicker's Saloon in Dubuque, Iowa. She was 20 years old and drinking illegally. At 2 A.M. she left the bar never to be seen again.

Two other customers were also in the bar, Steven and David Peacock, of Mount Horeb, WI. David Peacock currently resides in Madison, WI. They were questioned several times about her disappearance and agreed to polygraph exams in 2002. It's unknown to me whether they took the exams or failed or passed. The brothers weren't charged and I currently don't know the status of their case in Dubuque.

You'll note that David Peacock is a drug dealer, drug user, has a violent criminal history, including false imprisonment, and lived in proximity to several unsolved murders, including the one in Dubuque, Iowa. He and his brother were the last ones to see Crystal alive.

Mt. Horeb is down the road from the Nolan site and he lives not too far from the Zimmerman site.

The real clincher is he disappeared right around the time of the Zimmerman murder and currently has a warrant for his arrest.

Check CCAP and Google his current address, you'll agree that this is a person of interest. Note he has a very transient lifestyle.

I listed all his addresses from the public court records.

Does anyone have a mugshot of David Peacock that they can post?

tangledweb

David E. Peacock, DOB 05-22-1967

07-08-1999 Deliver/Sell Marijuana
Walworth County, WI

11-20-2000
Possession of THC
Grant County, WI

11-20-2000
Operating while Intoxicated (1st)
Grant County, WI

11-20-2003
Possession of Cocaine/Coca(2nd+)
Dane County, WI

1-31-2005
False Imprisonment
Battery 3 counts
Dane County, WI

8-17-2005
Disorderly Conduct
Habitual Criminality
Dane County, WI

1-21-2005
Driving Too Fast for Conditions
Dane County, WI

3-7-2008
Operating While under Influence (3rd)
Operating with PAC .08 or More (3rd)
OAR (1st - Rev. due to OWI/PAC)
Dane County, WI
Arrest Warrant Issued! 4-9-2008

Previous addresses:
4202 Robertson Road, Madison, WI
4105 Stonehart Dr Apt 3, Saint Ann, MO
3120 B Old Gate Rd, Madison, WI
101 S. Grove St., Mt Horeb, WI 53572
813 Vista Ridge Dr., Mt Horeb, WI
721 W. 5th Street, Dubuque, IA
1743 White St., Dubuque, IA
303 Prevo Dr., Apopka, FL
5124 Montgomery St # 44, Dodgeville, WI
811 Vista Ridge Dr, Mount Horeb, WI

The various agencies who were at the Kelly Nolan crime scene:

University of Wisconsin Police Department/The Fitchburg Police Department/The Dane County 911 Center/The Madison Fire Department/The Dane County Sheriff's Department/The MATC Recruit Academy/The Mental Health Resource Team/The Green County Sheriff's Office/The Columbia County Sheriff's Office/The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources/The Maple Bluff Police Department/Special Agents of the FBI/Retired Officer Advisory Resource (ROAR)/The Mount Horeb Police Department/The Town of Madison Police Department/The Wisconsin State Patrol/Dane County Emergency Management/The Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation/The Oregon Fire Department/The Verona Fire Department/The Dane County Coroner's Office/The Emergency Clinic for Animals/The Portage County Sheriff's Office/The State Crime Lab.

I graduated from UW-Whitewater in May, and I was on campus during the summer working when I found out she was missing. Kelly was best friends with my best friend's freshman roommate. I know Kelly did a lot of drugs and was a fairly dark person -IDK if she was still into drugs at that point, but that could explain her murder if it was drug-related.

Anyways, the reason I popped on here is I just got an email last week from the University on behalf of Kelly's family pleading for help. I think its interesting that they are asking now, because when students offered to help earlier we were completely shut down and basically told by her friends to mind our own business.

I understand that the police were telling the family to keep things quiet, but it's hard to believe that it took a year before they realized that not saying anything was not helping the case at all. It seems to be a pattern in Madison w/ the PD.

Anyways, I'm glad they are asking for help now, and I hope that even though its a year later someone has something to give them.

I graduated from UW-Whitewater in May, and I was on campus during the summer working when I found out she was missing. Kelly was best friends with my best friend's freshman roommate.

Hi schultzan31,

Every little bit of information does help. It would be great to see more Whitewater students or Madisonites involved in this discussion, especially the ones that knew Kelly.

The reason being is this; Was Kelly left where she was because it may have been close to an after hours party spot in the immediate area? I specifically know there was a UW-Whitewater student living nearby where she was found. From what I know he didn't offer this information when he was interviewed. Also, one of his buddies just happens to have the last name as the person whose land the body was found on and there's a good chance he (the buddy) is related to the land owner. How coincidental is that?

I'm not implying that these two people did anything, though they could have, but their statements after Nolan was found struck me as odd things to say especially when one them went to UW-Whitewater with her.

Also, when you have two bodies and one disappearance of three young women turn up in close proximity to the Mt. Horeb/Dodgeville/Madison addresses of someone who's already been questioned in the first disappearance, you have to wonder if that person is a suspect, especially since he has a history of drug dealing, using drugs and violence (including false imprisonment). Also, it was never released whether he was cleared or not, or even took the polygraph test.

Those women would be Crystal Ann Arensdorf, who disappeared from Dubuque, IA in 2001, Kelly Nolan, found in the Town of Dunn, WI and Btittany Zimmerman, found in Madison, WI. All these places are in the area of Mt. Horeb, WI.

Also to be noted is the fact that this person has a warrant out for his arrest because he failed to appear in court right around the time another young woman was murdered April 2; Brittany Zimmerman. His picture isn't even on the Madison's Wanted website, either. Why not?

I'd like to see if he matches up with the POI in Deidre's murder, or the person last seen with Kelly, or the man seen running from Joel's house.

There's another coincidence; Joel Marino's murderer was wearing a construction jacket. Wasn't there a construction site near Marino's house? Could there be DNA at the roofing company to be matched up with that found on the hat and backpack? Was that particular roofing company working that construction site?

But, anyways schultzan31, thanks for your input and helping keep interest going in these cases.

Hi schultzan31,

Every little bit of information does help. It would be great to see more Whitewater students or Madisonites involved in this discussion, especially the ones that knew Kelly.

The reason being is this; Was Kelly left where she was because it may have been close to an after hours party spot in the immediate area? I specifically know there was a UW-Whitewater student living nearby where she was found. From what I know he didn't offer this information when he was interviewed. Also, one of his buddies just happens to have the last name as the person whose land the body was found on and there's a good chance he (the buddy) is related to the land owner. How coincidental is that?

I'm not implying that these two people did anything, though they could have, but their statements after Nolan was found struck me as odd things to say especially when one them went to UW-Whitewater with her.

Also, when you have two bodies and one disappearance of three young women turn up in close proximity to the Mt. Horeb/Dodgeville/Madison addresses of someone who's already been questioned in the first disappearance, you have to wonder if that person is a suspect, especially since he has a history of drug dealing, using drugs and violence (including false imprisonment). Also, it was never released whether he was cleared or not, or even took the polygraph test.

Those women would be Crystal Ann Arensdorf, who disappeared from Dubuque, IA in 2001, Kelly Nolan, found in the Town of Dunn, WI and Btittany Zimmerman, found in Madison, WI. All these places are in the area of Mt. Horeb, WI.

Also to be noted is the fact that this person has a warrant out for his arrest because he failed to appear in court right around the time another young woman was murdered April 2; Brittany Zimmerman. His picture isn't even on the Madison's Wanted website, either. Why not?

I'd like to see if he matches up with the POI in Deidre's murder, or the person last seen with Kelly, or the man seen running from Joel's house.

There's another coincidence; Joel Marino's murderer was wearing a construction jacket. Wasn't there a construction site near Marino's house? Could there be DNA at the roofing company to be matched up with that found on the hat and backpack? Was that particular roofing company working that construction site?

But, anyways schultzan31, thanks for your input and helping keep interest going in these cases.
Whoa, TW! You just gave a whole lot of information. I'm trying to follow what you posted. Here are my ?s (if you may not be able to say- fully understand):

a) who was interviewed after Kelly's disappearance?

b) where were you able to locate "their" statements?

c) can you please explain the "roofing" connection?

Thanks!

a) who was interviewed after Kelly's disappearance?

b) where were you able to locate "their" statements?

c) can you please explain the "roofing" connection?

Hi RR0004,

After the body's discovery on Monday, police closed off Schneider Drive, but DeSpain said police are hopeful to open most of the road today as they concentrate on "a couple of properties" near the spot where the body was found.

The body of Kelly Nolan was found 10 to 20 feet off Schneider Dr. on land owned by Eleanor Killerlain in the Town of Dunn, WI. This was two lots away from a residence occupied by Peter Dimola and Greg Gallmeier. Both of these people were interviewed by Channel3000 Wisctv.com:

http://www.channel3000.com/news/13650719/detail.html.

"I knew a girl was missing and everything, but I had no idea," said Greg Gallmeier. "I kind of thought, 'Wow, I just moved into a house and a body was found just down the street.'"

"It kind of sucks because we've got like all our friends who want to come and see the new house and check things out and they are not letting anybody get through," said Gallmeier. But Gallmeier said despite the inconvenience, he hopes police find what they need to catch the person responsible.

What Gallmeier didn't say was that he was a fellow student of Kelly Nolan at UW-Whitewater. What he also didn't say was whether he knew his fellow student or not.
When you check Greg Gallmeier's Facebook website (you must be signed in):

http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=greg+gallmeier&init=q

you will find that Greg Gallmeier's Facebook page shows him as a student at UW-Whitewater: "Name: Greg Gallmeier Network: Wisc Whitewater '10".

Further checking of Gallmeier's friends on Facebook page 3:

http://www.facebook.com/friends/?id=69211248#view=everyone&flid=0&q=&s=100&nt=0&nk=0

you'll find an entry for Matt Killerlain of Madison and Matt's Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500170655.

"It kind of sucks because we've got like all our friends who want to come and see the new house and check things out and they are not letting anybody get through," said Gallmeier.

The above shows that Greg Gallmeier was a fellow student of Kelly Nolan and may have been acquainted with each other. If they were acquainted, Gallmeier's residence might have been Kelly Nolan's destination the night she disappeared.

Assuming Gallmeier was also interviewed by LE, did he offer information that he was a fellow student of Kelly Nolan? Did any of Gallmeier's or Dimola's friends happen to visit their house during the time Kelly Nolan disappeared and when she was found, especially the night she disappeared?

It struck me as odd that in the above news interview, Gallmeier emphasized he and Dimola had just moved into their house and now their friends couldn't visit them because the street was blocked off. This is the 9th of July. Usually people move into a house at the beginning of the month. When exactly did they move into the house? It seems like they (Gallmeier, at least) was dissociating himself from the actual date they moved in, which is usually the beginning of the month in most leases. If he moved in at the beginning of the month, why all of a sudden 9 days later he was put off because his friends couldn't visit for the first time?

all our friends who want to come and see the new house
Whose new house? Bought from who? According to the Dane County L.I.O. site no where does it show a Dimola or Gallmeier owning a house.

Why did one neighbor smell the odor of a decaying corpse, yet three other neighbors didn't, one being the property owner of the land the body was found on and the other two living only two lots away? Assuming the death occured the day after it disappeared and bodies start smelling 24 hours after death, that would leave about 16 days of a strong odor in the neighborhood, yet, only one resident noticed it only one time, only within a week before it was found. One could conclude that Kelly Nolan didn't become deceased until sometime into the early part of the month of July.

http://www.dane101.net/aggregator/sources/291 shows that LE is able to determine a cellphone ping within 300 feet. Why check a 3 mile radius and why couldn't Kelly be found in the first search? Because maybe she was alive or moved to another location in the area between the first and second search?

To what proximity was the location of the body to the location of these after-hour and weekend drinking parties?

Is there a possibilty that there's a building on Eleanor Killerlain's property or Greg Gallmeier's property or nearby where these parties occur (or even in the neighborhood) and has LE considered this was where Kelly Nolan was taken to?

Based on the above Facebook pages and photos, Greg Gallmeier and Matt Killerlain know each other.

What is the relationship of Matt Killerlain to Eleanor Killerlain? Does Matt have access to the property?

Another separate note:

East Police District Newsletter, Sept. 2, 2004http://www.ci.madison.wi.us/police/eastnews/news090204.htm

Who are Dane and Leo Killerlain to Eleanor Killerlain? Do they have access to the property where Kelly was found?
Google Dane Killerlain, a convicted murderer (1985), and Leo Killerlain. They were breaking into homes and snatching purses. Dane might still be in prison but what's Leo been up to?

The roofing connection is:

CCAP lists Peacock's address as 4202 Robertson Road, Madison, WI. Google it and you'll see it's a roofing company, not a residence. He was on his 3rd DUI offense when he disappeared about the time of the Zimmerman murder.

This is a business, not a residence. Who gives a business as their residence? A transient? Who would run from the scene of a crime like the Marino murder? Someone who didn't have a drivers license?

3120 B Old Gate Rd, Madison, WI was another residence Peacock listed in CCAP. Both that one and the Robertson Rd address aren't too far from the Zimmerman residence.

I don't wish to malign the innocent if they are indeed innocent but there are just too many coincidences and unanswered questions that need to be answered, especially when the families are appealing for help and LE has run out of clues. Well, here are my posts which list a whole bunch of leads that need answers.

TW- thank you for explaining your train of thought. I would find it reprehensible if MP did not pursue the Killerlain conection. There is also a Leo Killerlain from that area who could possibly be the grandfather of Leo and Dane...wonder if he is or was married to Eleanor as it seems that they are about the same age. In my searches, I found Dane on the "missing" list for alums from UW- Green Bay. Guess he must have been to busy making a mess of his life to keep in touch.

http://www.madison.com/archives/read.php?ref=/tct/2005/02/11/0502110208.php

The Capital Times :: METRO :: 1C
Friday, February 11, 2005
By Mike Miller The Capital Times

A Mount Horeb man who is still considered a "person of interest" in the 2001 disappearance of a young Iowa woman has been arrested in Madison and charged with viciously beating and threatening to kill his girlfriend.

David E. Peacock, 37, will face a preliminary hearing next week on one count of false imprisonment and three charges of battery for the attack on his girlfriend of six weeks, which came on the night of Jan. 28 in a parking lot on the east side of Madison.

According to the criminal complaint filed against Peacock, he accused the victim of cheating on him when he saw her sitting in a car with another man. He allegedly threatened to kill them both, then pulled the woman from the car, forced her into her truck, and beat her badly before dumping her in a parking lot on Atlas Avenue.

The victim told police that at one point during the attack Peacock grabbed her around the neck and was strangling her.

Peacock is out on $2,000 bail pending further proceedings in the case and that bail was posted by his brother, Stephen K Peacock, who now resides in Darlington, court records show.

The brothers were labeled "persons of interest" by Dubuque police after the 2001 disappearance of Crystal Arensdorf, who was last seen on July 4 at the Knicker's Saloon in Dubuque. The Peacock brothers were at that tavern on the night Arensdorf was last seen.

Dubuque police said the brothers gave inconsistent stories about their activities that night, that polygraph tests given to the brothers showed they may be lying, and that Stephen's vehicle was seen leaving the area of the bar that night.

Police investigator Kevin Klein said this week the brothers remain "persons of interest" in the disappearance and Dubuque police would examine the latest case against David Peacock in Madison.

The suspicions surrounding the brothers, who quickly moved from Dubuque to Mount Horeb after the disappearance of Arensdorf, first surfaced in 2002 when Dubuque police got a search warrant in Dane County to search Stephen Peacock's truck.....MORE IN ARTICLE

BTW, he only got 2 months under the Huber.

Well, it appears, at least, that LE is aware of the brothers presence in Madison. It also appears from their CCAP records that both brothers had been living together in Madison at 3120 B Old Gate Rd, Madison, WI.

Darlington, WI is south of Mt. Horeb, WI, Dodgeville, WI, Cuba City, WI and east of Dubuque, IA; all previous addresses of these brothers in crime.

The suspicions surrounding the brothers, who quickly moved from Dubuque to Mount Horeb after the disappearance of Arensdorf...

Hmm, that's what David did around the time of Zimmerman's death, he quickly moved from MALY ROOFING CO INC, 4202 ROBERTSON RD, MADISON, WI. He must have been living under a shingle all this time.

He currently has a warrant out for his arrest for his 3rd DUI. I wonder when they are going to put his mugshot up on Madison's wanted site?

http://www.madison.com/archives/read.php?ref=/tct/2002/04/15/0204150220.php

Area Brothers Suspected In Woman's Disappearance
The Capital Times :: COMMUNITIES :: 4B
Monday, April 15, 2002

Two Mount Horeb brothers are being investigated in the July 4, 2001, disappearance of a woman in Dubuque, Iowa, who is presumed dead.

According to a search warrant filed today in Dane County Circuit Court,Dubuque authorities requested a search of a truck belonging to Stephen Kelly Peacock, 27, who with his brother David E. Peacock, 34, lived in Dubuque. They were believed to be in a bar with Crystal Ann Arensdorf the night of her disappearance.The search of Stephen Peacock's 1997 GMC Jimmy on April 1 took vacuum samples including hair and laboratory swabs for evidence of the 20-year-old woman, who was last seen at Knickers Saloon in the early morning hours of July 4.

Within two weeks of being contacted by police on Aug. 16, the brothers broke their lease, quit their roofing job and moved to Mount Horeb. A subsequent polygraph test of Stephen Peacock on Feb. 5 of this year was deemed invalid because the suspect allegedly drank several beers before the test.

Monday, April 15, 2002

Two Mount Horeb brothers are being investigated in the July 4, 2001, disappearance of a woman in Dubuque, Iowa, who is presumed dead.

According to a search warrant filed today in Dane County Circuit Court,Dubuque authorities requested a search of a truck belonging to Stephen Kelly Peacock, 27, who with his brother David E. Peacock, 34, lived in Dubuque. They were believed to be in a bar with Crystal Ann Arensdorf the night of her disappearance.The search of Stephen Peacock's 1997 GMC Jimmy on April 1 took vacuum samples including hair and laboratory swabs for evidence of the 20-year-old woman, who was last seen at Knickers Saloon in the early morning hours of July 4.

Within two weeks of being contacted by police on Aug. 16, the brothers broke their lease, quit their roofing job and moved to Mount Horeb. A subsequent polygraph test of Stephen Peacock on Feb. 5 of this year was deemed invalid because the suspect allegedly drank several beers before the test.
TW- You know, I had read about Crystal...but nothing connected till you pointed it out. Ok, I'm almost 100% convinced that the "other case" they may have been referring to was Crystal's. I'm sure they were out there looking for her. Now, what are the odds that these lovely bad boy brothers know each other?

O/T from Kelly but Madison-related. Brittany's family is suing Dane COunty and the 911 operator.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/291348

<snip
That conduct, the lawsuit states, "caused severe and grievous emotional distress to Brittany Zimmermann by causing her to realize that her call for help while she was being attacked by an intruder would not be responded to by public authorities."
>snip

Although, this won't bring their daughter back, I am glad the parents are doing this!!:clap::clap:

Hi schultzan31,

All excellent questions and information, TW!!

I'd like to see a sketch too, if this is Wanted in questioning in the first disappearance of Crystal and there is a warrant for his arrest?

Where is he hiding?

Monday, April 15, 2002

Excellent work, here! I agree, His violence on women is apparent. LE needs evidence to convict this .

A photo or sketch here, would be good. Wasn't there a guy at the bar in the Kelly Nolan case that was said to be, "taking her Kelly to a party"?

TW- You know, I had read about Crystal...but nothing connected till you pointed it out. Ok, I'm almost 100% convinced that the "other case" they may have been referring to was Crystal's. I'm sure they were out there looking for her. Now, what are the odds that these lovely bad boy brothers know each other?

Thanks for the support of confidence. You think Crystal was also buried in that 3 mile search area which might explain why they searched such a large area when they could already determine a cellphone ping within 300 feet? You think that was the other unsolved homicide they uncovered and didn't say anything about? (if there was one)

Both bad boys lived together at 3120 Old Gate Rd at one time.

But I'm freaking out as to what more I discovered in my websleuthing today.

Guess who also lived with these two brothers at 3120 Old Gate Rd, Madison, WI at one time?

Guess who moved up to the Wisconsin Rapids area and was living in Wisconsin Rapids for a while and then moved back to the Madison area and was also living in the Fitchburg area at one time?

Guess who was up from Madison in June, 2006 when Deidre disappeared and he got busted in Wood County?

Guess who lived a few miles from The Town of Seneca where Deidre was found?

Guess who is also a roofer?

All five guesses are the same person but I'll let you know on the Deidre Harm thread when I sort it out. I have more research to do before I stick my foot in my mouth without the facts to back it up :woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895
Back