WI WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the bodies are of related 2 children. The mower moved the suitcases by himself so I'm thinking they were not that heavy.

Odd that we don't know age, race, sex or condition yet.

Anyway - reminds me of that chilling final scene in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer.

Maybe the bodies are of related 2 children. The mower moved the suitcases by himself so I'm thinking they were not that heavy.

You're right. He moved them by himself and didn't think there might be anything wrong. I'm afraid you could be right.

Or maybe skeletal remains being moved from another location?

Unless they were pretty much bones. That wouldn't be too heavy even for an adult.

If it's the first time the crews have been out to clear that area this year they could have been out there since the end of last summer when the grass was high. Or the could have been far enough back that they've only been there since the spring and the new growth. Absolutely chilling.

The area is quite a way out from Chicago (80+ miles), from the point of view of dumping (I'm sorry to type that) not quite so far from Milwaukee (55+ miles) and there are plenty of places closer to each city and probably much more remote than a sort of main road to a resort area.

We drive right by Como Road on our way north. Twice this year already. I always notice the sign because I think of Lake Como in Italy. Sigh.

And another - kind of creepy - detail :facepalm:

A town of Geneva man said he smelled something "rotting" when he and his son went for a bicycle ride Tuesday night along North Como Road.

“If there’s a dead deer or something along the road, it stinks, and so that’s what I assumed it was,” Dale Tomaski said. “I didn’t really think much of it.”

Now, Dale Tomaski knows what he smelled wasn't a dead deer but two bodies, he said.

http://www.gazettextra.com/20140606...tcases_in_town_of_geneva#sthash.uYRBSXoI.dpuf

We own some empty land 20 miles south of Lake Geneva. Our land is wild, with prairie grass and other native plants. No topsoil or anything. Anyway, the plants just started to shoot up within the last two to three weeks. Last time we had mowed was August or September. Now, I don't know what the process is for taking care of road grass. But, if it's on a similar mowing and growing schedule as ours, there's a 9 or 10 month window of people not mowing. And they could have been placed there as close as just a few weeks ago, right before the plants shot up.

It's interesting LE are so clear on residents being safe.....how can they be so sure, I wonder??

They seem pretty sure it's a dump site, which means the crime was committed somewhere else. So the people in the area aren't likely to be under any threat.

I notice the comments under a couple of the stories sound like the locals think it might be somebody from their town, however.

Well, just fantastic. 25 miles due west of my home. Dead folks in suitcases on the side of a road. Yep. Great.

So, the workers moved the suitcases to the side of the road and left them there for some random person to report to the police who then find the bodies/remains?

In one article they say they are decomposed, another stating a man and his son bike riding smelled something horrible in the area days before, another statement about flies...

So am I nuts to ask, why the maintenance/road crew people did not notice this and simply put them on the side of the road?

Perhaps it's all just sensationalized local journalism, but honestly, it's pretty odd. Also this is a very well-to-do area. Homes with runways on the property and a scant mile away from the famous homes of Lake Geneva.

Something is very wrong here and it doesn't have to do with fancy homes and their owners. I hope that nothing is being withheld from the media because of the locals.

So, the workers moved the suitcases to the side of the road and left them there for some random person to report to the police who then find the bodies/remains?

In one article they say they are decomposed, another stating a man and his son bike riding smelled something horrible in the area days before, another statement about flies...

So am I nuts to ask, why the maintenance/road crew people did not notice this and simply put them on the side of the road?

Perhaps it's all just sensationalized local journalism, but honestly, it's pretty odd. Also this is a very well-to-do area. Homes with runways on the property and a scant mile away from the famous homes of Lake Geneva.

Something is very wrong here and it doesn't have to do with fancy homes and their owners. I hope that nothing is being withheld from the media because of the locals.

bbm. Good point, inthedark. That is weird........

This area isn't just fancy homes, or it wasn't a decade or two ago. I haven't been there in awhile, but there are hotels, bread and breakfasts, small older motels and camping in the area.

I can't recall where I read it here at WS, but somewhere I read that the smell of human decomp doesn't last that long. My immediate thoughts were a week or two ago. The one man bike riding smelled the decomp tuesday. Thursday the persons driving by - who called it in, and the lawn care worker didn't notice the odor.

Anyone recall how long the smell of human decomp last? Now I can't recall if I read it here at WS, or a local LEO told me....... I recall it is not long. I was surprised how short the time was.

Interesting that the articles (that I have seen) did not mention what kind, if any, identifying factors may have been found with the bodies?

Praying for an ID soon, and for those who are going to learn they lost loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE