WI WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It gets so dark on those WI country roads, they may not have realized how open it is.

Who went missing from the surrounding areas in the past month? They were probably together so it should be easier to narrow down.

It gets so dark on those WI country roads, they may not have realized how open it is.
The dumper obviously knew it was close to activity being down the road from the police station so seems they did not care if the bodies were found, but only wanted time to put some distance between them and the dump site.

The dumper obviously knew it was close to activity being down the road from the police station so seems they did not care if the bodies were found, but only wanted time to put some distance between them and the dump site.

Good point.

Yeah, but other quotes say the road didn't get much traffic and nothing around but corn fields, no street lights. Half a mile is a pretty good distance in the country, especially in rolling hills like that. You go over a rise and you can't be seen. If you're driving at night, you could just pull over, pitch the two suitcases one after the other, and be gone before anybody would notice you had stopped.

The pictures with this article show some of the vegetation. #2 especially.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/two-bodies-found-in-town-of-geneva-b99285748z1-262099081.html

Yeah, but other quotes say the road didn't get much traffic and nothing around but corn fields, no street lights. Half a mile is a pretty good distance in the country, especially in rolling hills like that. You go over a rise and you can't be seen. If you're driving at night, you could just pull over, pitch the two suitcases one after the other, and be gone before anybody would notice you had stopped.

The pictures with this article show some of the vegetation. #2 especially.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/two-bodies-found-in-town-of-geneva-b99285748z1-262099081.html
Which was my point. They only wanted to dump and get away fast. If they had driven deep into a wooded area, the chance of them being seen on the road would have grown tenfold. This way the distance gave them minimal exposure to the area.

Which was my point. They only wanted to dump and get away fast. If they had driven deep into a wooded area, the chance of them being seen on the road would have grown tenfold. This way the distance gave them minimal exposure to the area.

Gotcha. My bad; I thought you meant they wanted the bodies to be found.

I don't see that they really did much mowing - just like two feet off the pavement. Maybe they were just clearing a path for pedestrians. I assume the suitcases were originally down in that shallow ditch.

Wonder if there were any tire tracks on that shoulder.

I don't see that they really did much mowing - just like two feet off the pavement. Maybe they were just clearing a path for pedestrians. I assume the suitcases were originally down in that shallow ditch.

Wonder if there were any tire tracks on that shoulder.
Where I am from the counties trim along the roadways to give motorists better visability coming out of driveways or off roads. The weeds block the view and cause accidents.

Good question about the tire marks.

They didn't care or they would have gone to greater lengths to hide them. They only had to buy some time and not get caught.

Yeah.

And that in turn implies that they're from far enough away they don't think the bodies will never be tied back to them.

I agree with you -- dumping things beside the road in what appear to be isolated areas is something city people do.

I just had to chuckle when I read this...my husband is from the city and I'm from the country and we've had this discussion before...I've told him I know tons of places up in these Virginia mountains and woods to get rid of a body and they'd never find it.

I have to agree with the post up thread about the suitcases being a means to move the bodies. I don't think the killer just decided "hey I'll just mosey on down to Walmart and grab a few suitcases to stuff some bodies in"...I think the murders were committed and the suitcases were just a convenient way to transport the victims from one place to another without drawing any unwanted attention. It's June and people are going on vacation every day so loading up 2 suitcases into the trunk of a car would look perfectly normal to all of those city neighbors!

These are highly traveled thru roads this time of year and we have had a few nice weekends. My husband knows that area very well and worked worked in a municipality in Walworth Co part time as a police officer for several summers during the busy season but drove thru there tons!

In high school, several friends had boats on the various lakes in the county and we'd drive up all the time and then randomly drive around. During the spring and summer, most the cars around us were also Illinois vehicles, us included.

It could be anyone from anywhere. It's not hard to turn off the busier roads and dump something then hop right back on the busy road again.

Something very wrong here. The AVG. weight of USA male is 194 lbs so that pretty much rules out US men, there is no way you could lift that and carry it to the side of the road AND NOT wonder what the heck was inside that suit case

Females are 164 lbs. Just imagine trying to carry that through an airport!

My thoughts are they are Asian or similar female and/or children

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_weight"]Body weight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Unless it's just body parts from two separate bodies.....:scared:

Good point I guess most of the fluids would have drained but would still be very heavy.

Yes, you're right zoran :seeya: The cases still would have been heavy.

It's got me puzzled too.......I'm really hoping it's not children :please:

I still need to finish reading the thread, but wanted to give some insight. I am from the area. Grew up there.

Although it is a very nice area, there is a lot of darkness that people are naive too. Big drug towns all around. Heroin especially, all over. Burlington, Lake Geneva, Twin Lakes..

Also, my guess would be that it is someone that at least locally knows the area, not sure why anyone would choose to dump bodies there if they weren't familiar and comfortable with it. It isn't far from Milwaukee or Chicago, about an hour-hour and a half for each one, which leads me to believe they wouldn't have driven all the way there to drop bodies -- if they weren't passing through already that is. Lake Geneva, and Camp Lake are also both well known areas that members of organized crime had set up and I have no doubt they still run in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www./1287907/bodies-in-suitcases-mystery-deepens-in-wisconsin-town-after-gruesome-find/

"But the tiny town does have somedark connections. Lake Geneva has deep ties to the mob, once serving as a hideout for Al Capone.

The son of Chicago gangster Frank Calabrese Sr. also noted that the area was still frequented by organized crime figures as recently as the 1990s."

Kind of an interesting take on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members