WI WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www./1287907/bodies-in-suitcases-mystery-deepens-in-wisconsin-town-after-gruesome-find/

"But the tiny town does have somedark connections. Lake Geneva has deep ties to the mob, once serving as a hideout for Al Capone.

The son of Chicago gangster Frank Calabrese Sr. also noted that the area was still frequented by organized crime figures as recently as the 1990s."

Kind of an interesting take on this.

As I stated in my post above.. There is a lot of darkness surrounding all of those towns that many people are naive too.. Mobster connections run very real in Camp Lake and Lake Geneva (both right off HWY 50) Lake Geneva has access to HWY 12 and Camp Lake is very close to I94. A lot of drugs too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I stated in my post above.. There is a lot of darkness surrounding all of those towns that many people are naive too.. Mobster connections run very real in Camp Lake and Lake Geneva (both right off HWY 50) Lake Geneva has access to HWY 12 and Camp Lake is very close to I94. A lot of drugs too.

I agree. I'm actually pretty familiar with the area of myself and am no stranger to the dark back roads.

The region is also famous for its hosting of prohibition gangsters, including the infamous Al Capone. Al Capone owned a summer house on Bluff Lake near Antioch.[11] He was also known for frequenting the famous Mineola Hotel in Fox Lake. [12] Additionally, Al Capone's major rival, George "Bugs" Moran, supplied beer and alcohol throughout the Chain O'Lakes region with stories of him staying at a liquor partner's home on Channel Lake and being
arrested at Elizabeth Cassidy's resort on Bluff Lake. [13] The region saw its worst prohibition violence on June 1, 1930 when a mob-related hit was carried out at Manning's Hotel in Fox Lake. Five people were shot
with a machine-gun including members of the Druggan gang, of which three people were killed.[8] [12] Occurring a year after the Saint Valentine's Day massacre, the shooting represented the intensity of the battle to control the Chain's lucrative gambling and liquor business. The crime was never solved.[12]

Snipped from - en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_O'Lakes

Fox Lake is also right off HWY 12, not far from Lake Geneva at all, 30 minutes tops.

And those dark roads are exactly that.. Dark. Which leads me to believe it wasn't necessarily completely random. Someone that knew the area. Maybe they placed them so close to a police station just to be ballsy. If it was a serial or something like a psychopath, you couldn't necessarily rule out that they didn't place it there on purpose. And anyone from the area knows cops aren't out looking for those types of things because they just don't happen there.

thinking of the words used 'remains' and the weight.........mostly skeleton???
What does a skeleton weigh? I keep wondering about children also. We have big suitcases on wheels and I am 5 ft 160 pounds and I think my body would not fit in it. Soft sides would probably show bumps of a body??? I keep remembering little Sandra Cantu was found in a lake in a suitcase.......

What leads me away from mafia connection is the means of disposal. I think of mob hits as either leaving the body and gore as is, or hiding the body. Not packing them into a suitcase and leaving them in tall grass not far from a police station.

The means of disposal sounds like a DV incident, or perhaps an OD in which someone feared being arrested and distanced themselves from the bodies in the manner they did.

I don't think much of the history of the mafia in the area. Mobsters, like regular citizens, vacation and camp in nice places. This area of WI, along with others around the southern tip of lake MI just happen to be within a short distance of Chicago, many people buy vacation or second homes for weekend getaways.

What leads me away from mafia connection is the means of disposal. I think of mob hits as either leaving the body and gore as is, or hiding the body. Not packing them into a suitcase and leaving them in tall grass not far from a police station.

The means of disposal sounds like a DV incident, or perhaps an OD in which someone feared being arrested and distanced themselves from the bodies in the manner they did.

I don't think much of the history of the mafia in the area. Mobsters, like regular citizens, vacation and camp in nice places. This area of WI, along with others around the southern tip of lake MI just happen to be within a short distance of Chicago, many people buy vacation or second homes for weekend getaways.

I am not necessarily saying it is Mob related, just wanted to paint a picture that these "nice" areas, although very beautiful often hold some dirty secrets. Heroin and Cocaine run rampant in those parts, one of the many reasons my family and I chose to relocate vs. Any gangster history, but still worth mentioning. Lake Como Inn was the place to be for the gangsters. - Genders and age guesstimates I think would make this a little easier which is why I really am just grasping at any straw I can.

I have definitely debate the weight myself. My husband pointed out that road side workers probably often move **** that is heavy, stinks and that could be why he didn't call anything or open it, but it still seems suspicious to me because I would assume - even partially decomposed bodies would be fairly heavy. Which leads me to kids or remains, but I still can't believe he didn't call it in, even to waste management to pick up OR open it. Seems odd to me.

That article says the bodies were dismembered which seems to indicate they were at least not small children. A small child would fit in a suitcase intact.

That article says the bodies were dismembered which seems to indicate they were at least not small children. A small child would fit in a suitcase intact.

Which article stated they were dismembered? All I saw was a citizen claiming that the police told him the bodies were decomposing.

I haven't seen anything yet about the conditions of the bodies. Or sex, race, age range.

I think they should put pictures out of the suitcases. Maybe someone would recognize them.

I still need to finish reading the thread, but wanted to give some insight. I am from the area. Grew up there.

Although it is a very nice area, there is a lot of darkness that people are naive too. Big drug towns all around. Heroin especially, all over. Burlington, Lake Geneva, Twin Lakes..

Also, my guess would be that it is someone that at least locally knows the area, not sure why anyone would choose to dump bodies there if they weren't familiar and comfortable with it. It isn't far from Milwaukee or Chicago, about an hour-hour and a half for each one, which leads me to believe they wouldn't have driven all the way there to drop bodies -- if they weren't passing through already that is. Lake Geneva, and Camp Lake are also both well known areas that members of organized crime had set up and I have no doubt they still run in the area.

Thank you so much for the local insight :seeya:

Yeah it does. lol serves me right for skimming threw

"Highway workers discovered the bodies on Thursday while mowing a ditch in the town of Geneva, which is about 50 miles southwest of Milwaukee. Though they did not open the suitcases, a driver passing by noticed them and called police, who found*two dismembered bodies*in the suitcases."

Looking for updates and only found one new article but no new information in it. http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/crime/2014/06/08/bodies-suitcases-wisconsin/10197693/

It does indicate that although the area isn't far from the police station mileage-wise, it's still isolated: The ditch runs along a rural road about a quarter mile from the town's police station, but the area is remote and surrounded by rolling corn fields.

I didn't find any other article that said dismembered. They said decomposing.

Looking at some other articles on that website, I strongly suspect they changed it to get more shock value. Which is not to say they're wrong.

Lots of confusion and misinformation. Hopefully we will hear an update tomorrow.

Someone that knew the area. Maybe they placed them so close to a police station just to be ballsy.

Maybe they didn't know the area, but came in from the opposite direction and had no idea the police station was so close?

Also, could the bodies have been placed in suitcases, with wheels, and dumped so close to the road because the person disposing of the bodies is not very strong?

curious

I almost wonder if they meant decomposing? I haven't read anything else that said that! Interesting. It would be interesting for them to release that information but nothing else?

Yes, even though there is a PD it is still rural. And those cops aren't out looking for murderers or expecting anything suspicious. Their biggest problems are drugs, DUI's, etc. also, the PD's are rarely staffed with more than 2-3 people working at a time.. Small rural areas, they just don't have the need or funds for lots of patrolling. They might not know the area, could have just wanted to hop off the highway and didn't care. But then I am curious where they were coming/going from. Likely not someone from the north because there would be a lot better places to hide bodies up there rather than driving to LG area..

Plus, like has been previously stated, SO many of the homes in that area, not just LG, all of SE Wisconsin are FILLED with summer homes on every lake.

I think that who ever dumped the bodies were from Illinois.
Go dump the bodies and hope it don't make news in the other state.

Dismemberment would change things. It could indicate adult sizes and/or an attempt to further disguise the identities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat