WI WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alpine Valley music outdoor theater (Elkhorn, Wi) is close. We always stay in Lake Geneva, when we catch a concert there. I wonder if any shows have happened lately? People from all over flock to there.

I'd imagine the mowing crews have to move tires and other large items out of overgrown grass all the time, but that is odd they didn't seem to notice the smell. Unless there was standing water in the ditch and they just assumed it was the smell of the stagnant water?

If the mowers can remember where the suitcases originally rested, that might give LE a better idea of how long they sat there. If you leave something heavy on grass for a little while the grass will grow light green/yellow and almost white from lack of sunlight, and it will fade to bare dirt if it's been there even longer.

Could these cases be connected?
http://ktla.com/2014/04/03/body-fou...dale-flood-control-channel-idd/#axzz33xj89apd

So we now have 3 bodies found in suitcases in Wisconsin within a short time frame. 2 in Geneva and 1 in Glendale.

1 hour 3 minute distance between the sites of discovery.

data=VLHX1wd2Cgu8wR6jwyh-km8JBWAkEzU4,I2BoBU7hcGVTkrdAmrMdSEFm2_rek9cBTod66XzM76MGjEAJrNNAS-NTevDt6GkWTocTlA84SLTGJw0DF02LfPbSNDB3a0dA5ggYhHV3YtyC5x_hgccrXLhil0opMlcJDi8g_D8-spZQ3TZ7BPW0C0FsUm9iM5R9qTd5n5I1ScF5_qNHzWQFMYu1w0cOEj6mQnVN90a2Gu97ISroonNBYNNM6N716fxWUcFRzVaNK3Qtca2CW_8lhVTTDL9zXdumk7iGvsAEmRZ1CCB0PEK8y_VVNQ&h=256&w=256&scale=1.0499999523162841

:waitasec: This one appears to be in Glendale California.

The man was identified as Victor Manuel Moreno, 21, of San Pedro, according to Ed Winter of the Los Angeles County coroner’s office.

Read more: http://ktla.com/2014/04/03/body-fou...dale-flood-control-channel-idd/#ixzz33xlHeZmQ

"A town highway worker mowing in the area discovered the suitcases early Thursday afternoon. Highway workers move debris from the ditch to the side of the road, and the items are collected on Mondays and Fridays, Hurley said.

The worker moved the suitcases to the side of the road to be picked up Friday morning. A person called police later Thursday to report the suitcases beside the road."

and

"A town of Geneva man said he smelled something "rotting" when he and his son went for a bicycle ride Tuesday night along North Como Road."

There's also a map - this was literally a half mile down the street from a police station.

http://www.gazettextra.com/20140606/updated_autopsies_today_on_two_bodies_found_in_suitcases_in_town_of_geneva

Cubby, I remember reading that about the odor as well, and recently.

And none of these reports have been confirmed. One person mentioned flies, another said there was nothing unusual about the suitcases. It's entirely possible the guy on the bike really did smell a dead animal.

Alpine Valley music outdoor theater (Elkhorn, Wi) is close. We always stay in Lake Geneva, when we catch a concert there. I wonder if any shows have happened lately? People from all over flock to there.

Wow, I didn't even know Alpine Valley was still open. I guess with all the new music venues in the Chicago area we don't hear too much advertising for AV anymore. (at least I don't).

Another possibility I hadn't thought of...... and yes, there are many possibilities.... We'll see what unfolds, but very scary. It's not an area I would be concerned about safety, other than the usual things tourists might fall victim too....

Well, just fantastic. 25 miles due west of my home. Dead folks in suitcases on the side of a road. Yep. Great.

We had a serial killer dumping bodies about 2-3 miles from where we live. It was not a pleasant time. But mainly LE is right: the people in the area where the dumping is happening aren't in any danger. The ones who need to worry are the ones in the area where the victims are being taken from.

Cubby, I remember reading that about the odor as well, and recently.

And none of these reports have been confirmed. One person mentioned flies, another said there was nothing unusual about the suitcases. It's entirely possible the guy on the bike really did smell a dead animal.

It might have been a post of mine in the thread for the IL-Herrick Lake John Doe from April of 2010. The location of the UID was right across the street from homes or townhomes. I had wondered how a body was so close and no one smelled it... and dismissed it thinking perhaps they had thought it was a deer.

I've never owned a suitcase in my life. It blows my mind that I keep reading about all these bodies being found in suitcases. Seems like a lot of work when you could just throw the bodies in the woods. So obviously the suitcases were for transportation purposes IMO. Either way when ever I see someone with a suitcase I always wonder. lol

I think that who ever did this is not from Wisconsin and if so then they are from Milwaukee/Madison area because I can think of 101 places to put a dead body and it would never be found. I feel horrible saying that but its true. Especially if your up north more. Jmo that if your born and raised here you would know where to hide a body unless your from the city and never really been in the woods.

So my whole take on this is that someone snapped killed two people panicked put them Into the suitcases for traveling purposes got on the hwy drove north or east and dumped the bodies at the first place they found isolated off the hwy a little ways. I'm just trying to think where to look for two people missing.

But the possibilities are endless till we know more so of course I'm just guessing cause I want to know more.

I don't think this a serial killer but it does make me think of Kelly Nolen (probably new her killer), Kathleen Thompson, Jane doe found dismembered in Black River Falls, Jane doe found in Fond du Lac, Racine Jane doe (who's murder was especially creepy and morbid). Another Jane doe who's head was only found (can't remember where), Angelina Wall who with out a doubt was killed by the same person who killed Kathleen (they were even posed and left the same way) that's never been caught. I can think of a few others. Its just creepy. Some of these are connected IMO. Not to sure about these suitcases tho.

I agree with you -- dumping things beside the road in what appear to be isolated areas is something city people do.

Here are two cases with victims found in suitcases.

Christine Stewart.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181295"]Found Deceased CA - Christine Osborn-Stewart, 47, Lake Elsinore, 4 Aug 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

An addict who was a victim of homicide:
http://articles.philly.com/2014-01-15/news/46188783_1_suitcase-police-report-oct-broadway-avenue

A vulnerable person/s could easily be lured to going to Lake Geneva. especially with the recent nice weather. That's where suitcases leads me.

Here are two cases with victims found in suitcases.

Christine Stewart.

Found Deceased CA - Christine Osborn-Stewart, 47, Lake Elsinore, 4 Aug 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

An addict who was a victim of homicide:
http://articles.philly.com/2014-01-15/news/46188783_1_suitcase-police-report-oct-broadway-avenue

A vulnerable person/s could easily be lured to going to Lake Geneva. especially with the recent nice weather. That's where suitcases leads me.

That's true.

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of people who have lake homes in and around lake Geneva are from out of state. Lots come from Chicago suburbs.

I still can't wrap my head around someone picking up a suitcase and dumping it somewhere else without noticing the sheer weight and effort it required to move and the smell. I would love to see the photos of the suitcases to see their size.

I don't know about anyone else but seeing two suitcases on the side of a rural road would immediately pique my curiosity. I can't imagine someone not wondering about this. Strange imo

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I still can't wrap my head around someone picking up a suitcase and dumping it somewhere else without noticing the sheer weight and effort it required to move and the smell. I would love to see the photos of the suitcases to see their size.

I don't know about anyone else but seeing two suitcases on the side of a rural road would immediately pique my curiosity. I can't imagine someone not wondering about this. Strange imo

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I was just thinking about this. I can't really wrap my mind around that part either.
My only thought is maybe LE isn't telling us the full truth just yet on how they were found. Or bad reporting. Or maybe these are children.

People dump all kinds of weird things beside rural roads, and suitcases are pretty common. Some neighbors down the road from us found a mother dog and several puppies in a suitcase (before they died, thank goodness, and they're all fine now).

Thank you for the street view, Claudette :seeya:

Looking at that really confirms what others are saying IMO - only a city person would dump a body there. It's so exposed!!

The only other possibility is that they had to dump them really quickly for some reason......

But it seems an unwise choice to choose that spot if you don't want the bodies to be found :facepalm:

I am going to agree with someone who said the perp and or victims most likely are not from this area. I would guess from living and growing up in southern wisconsin and not too far from Lake Geneva that the perp exited there off of HWY 43 and tossed the suitcases.

Just looking at the map, imo most likely from the Milwaukee area or Rockford/Beloit way.

Hoping the bodies will be identified quickly.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member