WI WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But West Allis Chief Charles Padgett told WISN 12 News that officials in charge at the time said the woman didn't want to pursue charges.

"The female in this situation wasn't interested in attending a Police and Fire Commission hearing that would have to occur if it was a termination or a district attorney review which would have to occur for charges," Padgett said.

Zelich ultimately resigned from the department.

The woman denied she refused to cooperate with the West Allis investigation.

The above from article: http://m.wisn.com/news/woman-says-she-escaped-from-steven-zelich-in-2001/26770854

I need more information and proof from both sides to decide who to believe.

I would not believe any LE report from West Allis or Milw. There is a lot WE Milwaukeeans KNOW about not tangling *******s with the cops or deputies. I have respect for those who protect and serve...but sometimes ? I trust my housecat to show concern more than MPD or the Sherrif's Dept.

@AndreaEAnderson Steven Zelich bound over to trial. Faces two counts of hiding a corpse. Arraignment scheduled for 1:15 pm July 17. 10:47 a.m. Thu, Jul 3. https://mobile.twitter.com/AndreaEAnderson/status/484725026315182080?p=v

@galli_wkow Detective testifies Steven Zelich spent days with victim Jenny Gamez in hotel before causing her death pic.twitter.com/jGHcY0RDEt 10:15 a.m. Thu, Jul 3. https://mobile.twitter.com/galli_wkow/status/484717156072837120?p=v

@galli_wkow Judge Phillp Koss on Steven Zelich's claims deaths accidental. "Not likely to be accidents, when it happens twice" 11:03 a.m. Thu, Jul 3. https://mobile.twitter.com/galli_wkow/status/484729107825963008?p=v

If you want to know the timeline, change in authority over the county of Milw. It happened sometime in 2003. West Allis is a seperate jurisdiction. It is STILL part of Milw. Co., but it has its own local police department and it is not really "high priority". It is hard to explain...but I will try: West Allis is NOT Milwaukee...but then it is "technically" because it is a community of Milwaukee. I am stumbling over my words...but I can say that HONESTLY...the West Allis cops are kinda Keystone Cops. Don Knotts. None of us who are from Milw. really consider West Allis police to be anything to be afraid of. In fact, it is a joke. So, not very surprised thing were buried. It happens all the time. My only "Huh" is WHY officers did not do something. But then I remember, oh yeah...they released Konerak Sinthasomphone back into the custody of Jeffrey Dahmer...not even taking into consideration that MULTIPLE PEOPLE called to report a naked, bleeding kid in the middle of the street trying to get away. I remember this vividly.

"police reports" are not really reliable. They write stuff down...but that is pretty much like translating the Bible from Aramaic to Greek. What I SAID is now in the telephone-game of how it was interpreted. That is how police reports work.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/former-west-allis-cop-back-in-court-in-suitcase-killings-b99304298z1-265686411.html

Before Circuit Judge David Reddy bound Zelich over for trial on charges of hiding a corpse, attorney Travis Schwantes argued that probable cause for a trial did not exist because in leaving the bodies along the road in the Town of Geneva, Zelich was likely hoping they would be discovered.

Schwantes was responding to District Attorney Daniel Necci, who said Zelich was likely trying to conceal a crime.

"There is nothing in the law that says they have to be hidden well," Necci said.

I know. Konerak Sinthasomphone was in Milwaukee. He was downtown. I believe he was near Marquette university. I know they tore down the building...I think it was on 25th and Highland or possibly Juneau. In that area. I know the area....

I suppose he could have been holding onto them in the hopes of the bodies deteroriating to the point where his DNA/evidence was no longer present. It sounds like the deaths were a result of strangulation/asphyxiation. A skeleton wold make it difficult to identify this as the cause of death. (Therefore difficult to identify a suspect and convict him without "reasonable doubt.") There would be no DNA left in the pubic area, skin under the fingernails, etc.

Wisconsin_Sleuth ~ I think you're on to something w/the motives for SZ's decision to conceal the bodies. Interesting that his defense atty indicated that the location was selected in relationship to the proximity of the local P.D. (therefore, premeditated). But as the judge indicated, there were other more obvious places he might have selected. Leaves one wondering, why there?

SZ has crafted a "lightening strikes twice / oops my bad" defense. FAIL. I was gratified to see him shackled today.

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/local/state-and-regional/detective-women-in-suitcases-died-after-rough-sex/article_e01ff88f-d816-59a8-bb47-ba48d2aba16c.html

Zelich's public defender Travis Schwantes said Thursday in court that the deaths were accidents that may not merit additional charges.

Judge Phillip Koss disagreed, saying the fact that Zelich hid the bodies, first in his home and car and then in tall grass along the road, indicated Zelich knew a crime had occurred.

"If there's purely no crime, I'm not sure why one doesn't call 911 immediately, but beyond that, if there's no crime, it's not clear why these need to be hid at all," Koss said as he ordered Zelich held for trial on the charges of hiding a corpse.

West Allis is "west. It is west and north. I know it does not make any sense at all...on a compass it is north-west. It is still part of Milwaukee Co...but it is closer to Waukesha Co. I know my geography. I take the bus. If you want to get to West Allis (which you are still in Milw. Co.), you travel WEST but you really are going north-west. Look at any map. Or just be nice and say, "you are right"...because I know I am. You go WEST to get to West Allis. You have to travel WEST. If you go East you end up in Lake Michigan.

Okay...in Milwaukee, you never go EAST. There is no "east" as far as a "naudical" or "polar" east. If you get into a car and drive geographically "east" (let's just pretend you are my mom and think that your new gps gadjet is god speaking to you)...you go east...HUGE BODY OF WATER. Do not do that. Unfortunately, it happens more than you know...people drive their cars into Lake Michigan all the time. Regardless, back to SZ....he was no where near the lake. He was west. It makes some sense that he would continue to go west, to a community he had no connections to. I have been out there...it is basically a large expanse of absolutely nothing.

Uggghh...I keep sticking my foot in my mouth. I am just saying...that is a very rural area. You can drive forever and nothing. This is just my opinion...but compared to Milwaukee...you cannot blow your nose without someone seeing you need a kleenex. I have been to Geneva/Elkhorn on many occasions. The drive is BORING. It truly is a long, boring drive. And I know what you are thinking...so I will answer it for you. Yes, it is really creepy. I have said many times, " ummmmmmmmm, I am kinda freaked out." So, if you put your mind in a bad person for a second (please do not do it too long...PLEASE)...it makes sense. It is super rural and our weather was horrible this year from about Nov. to April. Thinking like a criminal....perfect. I am a nice person...I have no ? about anything. I just am saying. They are theories, not fact. I do not have any facts...I was not involved. I am just me.

That "live stream" was pretty interesting, the trial, if SZ doesn't plead out should be something else! Seriously, his defense attorney said there was no intent to "hide" the suitcases?!?!?! WTH. He was hiding the bodies for months.
Liked the comment the Judge stated about (paraphrase) one accidental death.....ok, two accidental deaths, we have a problem. And not calling 911? Good call, Judge!

I missed it. Just catching up now. Technically, I agree with the defense attorney. His statement translates to SZ did an awful job at hiding the bodies. He did have an intent to distance himself from the bodies.... else he would have called 911.

I wonder if we'll see some 'Joel Brodsky' moments when this case gets to trial.

ay yi yi......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member