WI WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's always a man behind a pregnancy too. It takes two. I just wish every life could be supported by two people (one at least) who are able to be present in a child's life or give the child up for adoption if that isn't possible.

Most anyone would agree that seven, SEVEN children are more than most people, me included, could ever handle. I feel sorry for children who can't see what's coming or going. I'm for the children who are helpless in all these situations.

Yes, to me, Jenny was still a child having a child. If the father is capable, I'm glad their child is with him and has a chance of having a decent life. Love (over money) is most important and you must be present to give it and sacrifice is involved. Enough said.

p.s. My comment was a little side discussion because the victims' children were brought to our attention. In no way am I suggesting the women deserved to be killed. They were choosing their lifestyles though as far as we know. In fairness, Jenny's circumstances remain unclear.

Found on Twitter . . . WTMJ-4 found the purported prostitute and will be broadcasting an interview w/her tonight . . . right about now (CST) during 10PM newscast:

13 years ago, she ran from the home of Steven Zelich in nothing but her underwear. Live@10, she talks only with the @tmj4 I-TEAM.

Will the interview be posted online? I hope so. So far it sounds like SZ went after prostitutes and then started trolling for more victims on the internet. It will be interesting hearing what this woman has to say. I'm very glad she got away. I wish Lauren and Jenny had been able to. :(

Will the interview be posted online? I hope so. So far it sounds like SZ went after prostitutes and then started trolling for more victims on the internet. It will be interesting hearing what this woman has to say. I'm very glad she got away. I wish Lauren and Jenny had been able to. :(

I found it. If you go to this link and forward to the end of the video, the next video will be the Zelich/prostitute story:
http://www.jrn.com/tmj4/news/summer...arting-brawl-on-Summerfest-bus-265478951.html

Found on Twitter . . . WTMJ-4 found the purported prostitute and will be broadcasting an interview w/her tonight . . . right about now (CST) during 10PM newscast:

13 years ago, she ran from the home of Steven Zelich in nothing but her underwear. Live@10, she talks only with the @tmj4 I-TEAM.
If you find it on Twitter again, please post the link to the tweet. Best method: click the date /time. When the tweet opens in its own page, copy and paste the url for that page. Thanks.

The TV report also says that the police searched Zelich's house earlier this year in their investigation of Simonson's disappearance.

They also mentioned that they haven't filed murder charges yet because there is currently no evidence of a murder.

Oh my goodness!!! Seriously!!!! No EVIDENCE of A MURDER yet?

Are these police for real? They have 2 bodies a EX COP stating I did it! What more do they need? :banghead:

I found it. If you go to this link and forward to the end of the video, the next video will be the Zelich/prostitute story:
http://www.jrn.com/tmj4/news/summer...arting-brawl-on-Summerfest-bus-265478951.html

Thank's! That was interesting and very frightening. SZ body-slammed the victim and tried to handcuff her. SZ told cops the victim stole money from him, and according to the news report, LE said the money was found on the victim. How would they know who's money it was? It could have been the victim's money. LE also chose not to investigate any further or bring charges againsy LE. I agree with the victim, SZ should have been charged, and maybe the murders of Lauren and Jenny, and perhaps others could have been prevented.

The reporter said there will be more of the interview to come. I wish the victim could join WS. I'm glad she got away. I hope she is in a better place in her life now.

Are these police for real? They have 2 bodies a EX COP stating I did it! What more do they need? :banghead:

I know, right?! :banghead:

Just wondering... Has cause of death been released? They have evidence of dumping a body for sure, but without COD, no murder?

(a) I would not blame the road crew. This was on a rural highway that probably only gets cut (thrashed) once a year. You gotta move, move, move because you have to get "x amount" done by the end of the day. Our June was extremely rainy/stormy. I work outside house painting and seriously, I think out of the past 30 days, 20 of them I was unable to work outside due to rain...so if there was a good day, you tried to get as much done as possible. You do not have time to stop and be curious. Usually, from what I understand, you go out with a crew of several people. One of them drives the thrasher and a few others on foot get the debris out of the way in front of the thrasher. There is no reason to stop and play "peek-a-boo" into every single thing you find because 99.9% of it is just innocuous junk, plus, you are trying to stay ahead of the person driving the thrasher; (b) I did read something that stated a "prostitute" came forward and had a run-in with SZ following meeting at a tavern. The label "prostitute" is unfair...SZ could have said that she was...but that does not mean anything. We all know how that worked out with Dahmer when Konerak Sinthasomphone was found in the street bleeding and naked and Dahmer was able to convince the police that KS was his gay lover and KS was just intoxicated, DESPITE other witnesses calling the police to report that KS was clearly in distress and trying to get AWAY from Dahmer.

ETA the link is a few possts prior to this post.

Upthread there is a post indicating the police report for that incident was shown on the local news The poster also indicated the report showed a warrant for the prostitute. And that she had money on her which SZ claims she stole from him.

Sorry I can't link the post right now. If someone else doesn't link it, I will try tomorrow.

good catch, Solitaryone! just watched the WTMJ 4 interview. She wasn't a "prostitute". The West Allis PD buried the internal investigation when he resigned. never mind that he choked and body slammed this victim when she resisted his advances. it was attempted rape and she did run outside in her bra and panties, seeking help.

whew! looking forward to hearing what this woman has to say in upcoming broadcasts.

I just saw a story on Milwaukee TMJ4 about the prostitute incident while Zelich was a West Allis police officer. Hopefully, the video will show up online.

They briefly showed the incident report. Pausing the DVR, I can read that it happened on 5/13/2001 at 3:38 AM. The police received a call that a woman, wearing only a bikini, was banging on a door. The police found a black female wearing only a black undergarment and a small white purse, who was crying and very upset. She informed the officer that she had been raped.

The voice over then said that she told police she had met Zelich at a bar and agreed to come to his apartment. Once there, he tried to handcuff her, body slammed her and attempted to choke her prior to having sex. The 22 year old woman told police, "I thought he was going to kill me. I was thinking today you are going to die." The woman had a prostitution warrant and Zelich said she had stolen money from him. Police found the money on her and arrested the woman (they didn't say how they knew the money she had was his). The woman's family now says the police didn't believe her. When she heard about his arrest in the suitcase murders, she was horrified.

Here is the post I was talking about in my previous post. I'm glad she came forward.

Another link for interview with SZ 2001 victim.

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=wWoe3KQ8_xo

A lot of this maddens me. They stopped the investigation when he resigned. So, if I commit a possible crime & resign from my job, the investigation stops? NO!
The current West Allis chief, Charles Padgett, said he can't comment on previous administration and only go forward from here and learn from it to avoid future situations. I call BS. They can do an internal investigation through IA. I'm sure at least 1 of those respinding officers from 2001 still works there. They can then haul in the chief from 2001, Dean Puschnig, and question him. He currently works as the Law Enforcement Community Coordinator at US Attorney's Office. (scary)

One little tidbit my dad let go- SZ nickname on the job was "Zilch" as in a big fat zero.

There's a big difference between knowing something happened and being able to prove it. And depending how the confession was made, it might or might not be admissible, or believable.

More likely they do have evidence but they need to make sure they have all the details nailed down. All the videos, all the witnesses, all the locations and times and places, the full time line.

They don't have any reason to rush. He's locked up tight, and he's going to stay that way for several years on the corpse disposal charges. He's not going anywhere so they can make sure they've got an airtight case.

100% on the dot! My dad said the same thing, they need to have every single one of their ducks in a row to make sure they have an airtight case to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. It will take longer than normal for mainly 2 reasons. 1. The multiple jurisdictions involved 2. The amount of information online from his profiles, etc.

Add to the fact that West Allis PD screwed up in 2001, they will now be key in helping provide evidence, even if murders did not occur in 2001, and they will do everything & more to do this to overcompensate their 2001 screw up. (My opinion)

I hope the 2 women's families get a top of the line attorney and file wrongful death against the West Allis officers involved in 2001 & administration in 2001. I know it won't bring their loved ones back, but it might help LE (all, not just West Allis) see they can't cover up crimes committed by officers!
Sorry, just my feelings. These type of cops give my dad and his good friends a bad name. My dad was an honest, honorable officer, and so were his friends. They all retired in the 90s and were the last of a dying breed.

For such a small town it sure has a lot of crime...

Kenosha's about 100,000 people; I wouldn't call it a small town.

The Kenosha hotel that the perp supposedly mentioned is one of those blandish chain-type hotels.

The real nearby fleabit is just on the other side of the state line a mile or two south of the WI border, congregated around the trucker area just off the interstate. Amongst other trucker-catering businesses, there's a whole strip of *advertiser censored* shops and the type of somewhat run-down lodgings that advertise "by-the-hour" rates.

Not that it matters but I work for a company in the area where the suitcases were located...we do in fact have some developmentally disabled adults who are trained and qualified to do lawn maintenance in the area however I believe most is at the local rest areas. They do the lawn along with the rest area maintenance and cleanup. As all maintenance workers they are trained not to open anything but to set aside to be taken care of as standard precautions. You wouldn't believe the stuff they come across so for their own safety and piece of mind I can see why these suitcases were left unopened. I can't say for sure who or what company was contracted to do that ditch. I would think the town/county.

I hope the 2 women's families get a top of the line attorney and file wrongful death against the West Allis officers involved in 2001 & administration in 2001. I know it won't bring their loved ones back, but it might help LE (all, not just West Allis) see they can't cover up crimes committed by officers!
Sorry, just my feelings. These type of cops give my dad and his good friends a bad name. My dad was an honest, honorable officer, and so were his friends. They all retired in the 90s and were the last of a dying breed.

I agree, my bf is an officer in the city of Milwaukee and this has done nothing for his "namesake" its embarassing! He is a good trustworthy man. Unfortunately there is some that ruin it for the good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum